ATS 1.45 Discussion

Optional Features

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#361 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 08:47

We shouldn't have to beg for cargo. We shouldn't have to post constantly asking for it. It should be coming, with costs attached, at a regular cadence. I'd like to think a bi-monthly cargo pack was reasonable, but even quarterly would be a step up.

And it shouldn't be a couple loads. We at this point could use hundreds of loads. And many of us are willing to pay for them, so why not take our money lol.
hangman005

#362 Post by hangman005 » 04 Jul 2022 10:30

Especially if it's in the likes of a Reefer, Box Trailer... container. I don't understand the full ins and outs but where the cargo doesn't actually need to load a model shouldn't really take that long should it?
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
HagenXXV

#363 Post by HagenXXV » 04 Jul 2022 13:36

seriousmods wrote: 04 Jul 2022 08:47 We shouldn't have to beg for cargo. We shouldn't have to post constantly asking for it. It should be coming, with costs attached, at a regular cadence. I'd like to think a bi-monthly cargo pack was reasonable, but even quarterly would be a step up.

And it shouldn't be a couple loads. We at this point could use hundreds of loads. And many of us are willing to pay for them, so why not take our money lol.

Some time ago I was wondering the same thing, someone told me that it is basically because of the shortage of suitable personnel to implement the 3D objects in the trailers.

Here I think there is also a shortage of personnel in the quality control area, because there are still notable errors that damage the experience in a direct way (that's right, I'm referring to the illegal cattle trailer :x ).

However, new loadouts are coming more frequently and that's good, I think SCS is realizing that the loadout is almost as important an aspect as a map DLC or a licensed truck DLC.

To be honest, sometimes I get more excited about the milliseconds it takes to see a new loadout on social media videos than the map itself. :D
Vojtech Hladík
SCS Software

#364 Post by Vojtech Hladík » 04 Jul 2022 13:37

Meandrous Mosey wrote: 28 Jun 2022 11:58 In the blog post they mention optional mod support in Convoy. Can anyone clarify whether this means mods the host has would be optional for joining players or if mods the player has but the host doesn't could still be used by that player but would be optional for everyone else? Just asking because one of the things I dislike about the mod support in Convoy is that if I want to join a host that doesn't have the mods I do then I have to deactivate them and it would be really nice if that weren't the case.
- Mod itself must be marked as optional. (mods with trucks and trailers should not be optional)
- Server must enable this feature.
Only when both is enabled, mod is not required.
flight50

#365 Post by flight50 » 04 Jul 2022 13:56

@howey, @seriousmods. I totally agree and no, we shouldn't have to beg for cargo. With the nature of the game, it's part of the territory. From core content to paid, there should be a flood of content on s regular basis. Bi monthly is asking for too much though. Gotta start with baby steps.

Montana has not released yet so just hang tight fellas. Too many new companies exist for Montana so everthing should not be in this beta. Once Montana goes live, more new cargo will hit. How much I don't know but I'm confident that we just aren't seeing it all right now. Even one more cargo seen after today is more cargo. If I'm wrong, from today til Montana releases, Montana is on me for you 2. Deal?

I just don't see 1.45 bringing Montana with so many new industries and new companies to completely neglect ICC's. We should get all 3 addressed, not just 2 of them. I'm putting a but more faith on SCS this go around to deliver. Like I said, we might not get a ton, but more should come hands down.

Sweet Beets, the electric company, Great Falls (even has a trailer), Walden's, talc and Grain Elevators. All those, even if it was just one cargo (which I doubt), still adds to the pool.
parasaurolophus67

#366 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 04 Jul 2022 14:00

well you got Guard rails, IBC containers, Lemonades, buttermilk, The logs on a flatbed, The baby trees also on a flatbed, and the gas tank trailer. So thats 7 new cargo. Could get to 8 if that packaged box load on flatbeds also come
SouthernMan

#367 Post by SouthernMan » 04 Jul 2022 14:26

I think SCS should have a specific team to do this type of service (bringing news more often). I don't know if there's some kind of policy about them adding more loads to trailers (I don't think so), but it would be nice if we saw new loads and other things more often. Just saying...
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Carfreak200

#368 Post by Carfreak200 » 04 Jul 2022 14:50

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 14:00 well you got Guard rails, IBC containers, Lemonades, buttermilk, The logs on a flatbed, The baby trees also on a flatbed, and the gas tank trailer. So thats 7 new cargo. Could get to 8 if that packaged box load on flatbeds also come
And those are just the ones we know of before Montana releases. We got 8 new industries/companies to come that will all bring about new cargo to support them I'm sure. I think that them going in and adding new cargos to support older companies is a great sign of things to come.
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
parasaurolophus67

#369 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 04 Jul 2022 14:51

@Carfreak200 5 new companies actually
Trucker Nik

#370 Post by Trucker Nik » 04 Jul 2022 15:01

@parasaurolophus67 6 new companies check the trailer catalog and the Montana discussion thread

Return to “General discussion about the game”