ATS 1.45 Discussion

Carfreak200

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#141 Post by Carfreak200 » 28 Jun 2022 00:37

So after exploring Cody and the prefabs for the new companies and I have some thoughts.

Firstly, the Waste Management prefab in-game is very cool. It is bi-level which gives a nice feel.

However, I mainly want to draw everyone's attention to the 18 Wheels Garage. Because I think there is more that meets the eye with this company. I suspect that eventually (maybe not at launch) this company will be the place to purchase new trailers and (potentially) used trucks. Similar to how the in-game truck dealerships function, you will be able to drive to this company to purchase a trailer and then tow it back to your garage (if you want). There is currently no location to do this in-game. Plus, I have reason to believe they could purchase or sell used trucks based on the signage on this prefab. This could be a very interesting new feature if actually implemented. What do y'all think? Pictures below.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
parasaurolophus67

#142 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 28 Jun 2022 00:38

Could be. But have to wait on what they will do in the future v:
Brendan0620

#143 Post by Brendan0620 » 28 Jun 2022 00:43

Carfreak200 wrote: 28 Jun 2022 00:37 However, I mainly want to draw everyone's attention to the 18 Wheels Garage. Because I think there is more that meets the eye with this company. I suspect that eventually (maybe not at launch) this company will be the place to purchase new trailers and (potentially) used trucks. Similar to how the in-game truck dealerships function, you will be able to drive to this company to purchase a trailer and then tow it back to your garage (if you want). There is currently no location to do this in-game. Plus, I have reason to believe they could purchase or sell used trucks based on the signage on this prefab. This could be a very interesting new feature if actually implemented. What do y'all think? Pictures below.
I actually like the idea of buying used trucks and trailers from a location/area like that. It would be amazing to see that! :)
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
SouthernMan

#145 Post by SouthernMan » 28 Jun 2022 01:04

Brendan0620 wrote: 28 Jun 2022 00:43
Carfreak200 wrote: 28 Jun 2022 00:37 However, I mainly want to draw everyone's attention to the 18 Wheels Garage. Because I think there is more that meets the eye with this company. I suspect that eventually (maybe not at launch) this company will be the place to purchase new trailers and (potentially) used trucks. Similar to how the in-game truck dealerships function, you will be able to drive to this company to purchase a trailer and then tow it back to your garage (if you want). There is currently no location to do this in-game. Plus, I have reason to believe they could purchase or sell used trucks based on the signage on this prefab. This could be a very interesting new feature if actually implemented. What do y'all think? Pictures below.
I actually like the idea of buying used trucks and trailers from a location/area like that. It would be amazing to see that! :)
That sounds interesting... You gave me a good idea. :D
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
flight50

#146 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2022 01:11

Nice catch on the Used Truck sign. If its just fluff for detailing......that will leave a bad impression. SCS once explained what would have to happen to get used trucks in. SCS never denied making used trucks nor out of production trucks neither. Its a subject they won't talk much on. The prefab name is 18 Wheels though. You can't have 18 Wheels without the tractor. The thought I've had is pulling thru this prefabs to get service. If its a replacement for the current garages but with more punch, cool beans. I'd like to see a duplicate of it and called something else eventually though. Eventually this prefab and a few others coming with Montana will have to make its way around the map. Like the Landscape supply depot and Waste Manangment.

As long as the 18 Wheels garage is only in 2-3 places per dlc, they could be regional and not overused in a state. Montana completes the West and all Western states could get this garage in the long run imo. That's 11 states. With 2-3 per state that is only 22-33 18 Wheels Garages. That's not too bad. I can work with that, lol. But for Texas and Kansas a new company that does the same thing would be better served to start those new regions............if SCS wanted to approach ATS in regions like ETS2. One thing for sure is that all of ATS should not be covered in this one depot brand. We'd be back at square one asking for diversity. With 48 lower states, now we are talking about 96-144 of this one prefab spread out across the entire US by time its completed. Keep it regional and change the name. 4 different companies that does the same thing is a easier pill to look at vs all being 18 Wheels. But glad to see 18 Wheels made it across the border of Montana and into Wyoming. That is at least 2 states we get it in.

All gas stations across the map have changed or going to change. Anyone notice if the new restaurants followed or even if SCS snuck in a 18 Wheels garage in any of the existing states?
Xaagon

#147 Post by Xaagon » 28 Jun 2022 01:22

None of the old gas stations will remain? I will miss Chemron. :cry: I like new stuff, but does it have to come at the expense of ALL the old stuff?

Otherwise, I like 1.45. Cody in ATS as it should be, but they forgot to capitalize it on the map. Also noticed the redo of the US-70/US-54 intersection in New Mexico, no doubt preparing for Texas with that one.
flight50

#148 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2022 01:29

New can be good though. Every update brings change. Lighting, sound...we adjust and adapt though. One thing for sure is that SCS needs to keep refreshing old stuff. New pumps new energy into the game. The gas stations are global so its impact is broad. Kudos for hiring Anne. That jumped started a team of 2d artist now. I look forward to spicing up the entire map a lot more now. In due time, lots of changes can refresh the map imo.
Xaagon

#149 Post by Xaagon » 28 Jun 2022 01:35

I agree - new IS good, and refreshing old areas is definitely needed. I just would have preferred the new brands to be beside the old brands, unless the real companies those were parodies of were threatening legal action or something.

If that's not the case, then SCS please leave me one abandoned Chemron out in the desert somewhere...
Marcello Julio

#150 Post by Marcello Julio » 28 Jun 2022 01:39

Speaking of prefab, I'm still intrigued about the Truck Wash that SuchManor found today. Because it is not just a simple prop, it really looked like something that will have a use, because even the pole indicating that it is a Truck Washes was made, something that currently, the Truck Wash that we find on the map do not have this indication and interestingly, the Chrome Spa was also on the Texas Microsite, along with the gas stations that came in today's update.. Not thinking out loud or anything like that, just analyzing.

Return to “General discussion about the game”