ATS 1.45 Discussion

Optional Features

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#381 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 18:42

Agreed! Being able to use a default truck, trailer, map, and cargo means the frustration of patches is greatly reduced.

We're getting much of that already, but cargo is still lagging. Cargo cargo cargo lol.
SouthernMan

#382 Post by SouthernMan » 04 Jul 2022 18:45

Agreed bud! I think they (scs) should pay more attention to new loads. I know there will be some coming with these dlc, but considering all the time it takes to bring something new(maps dlc), there really should be a lot more cargoes, imo.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Optional Features

#383 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 18:49

SouthernMan wrote: 04 Jul 2022 18:45 Agreed bud! I think they (scs) should pay more attention to new loads. I know there will be some coming with these dlc, but considering all the time it takes to bring something new(maps dlc), there really should be a lot more cargoes, imo.
Yes! There should be cargo coming like a snowstorm lol. Pavel can hire some more people or build some more pools. Doesn't bother me either way.
flight50

#384 Post by flight50 » 04 Jul 2022 19:47

That dedicated cargo team thread was made more than a year ago. I was hoping SCS took notice and like the new (4) 2d artist added recently, SCS could have implements a small 2-3 person cargo team. You don't have to live in Prague for that. The cargoes we are getting so far in 1.45 could be the result of that or its still tied to the vehicle team. It will be interesting to see how many new cargoes 1.45 brings though.

I don't see an industry cargo pack coming with Montana but core content with this many new companies and industries, yes. Totally yes on more coming. I'm going with at least a dozen new cargoes in total. 18-24 new would be icing on the cake. I won't be too greedy in expecting more right now but a couple of dozen does make up for some for older trailers in the game. I'd imagine dumpers and hoppers gets more with Montana bringing mining and agriculture. These trailers are newly reworked and even one has a licensed. I'd love to see 1.45 bring in Montana on a good foot.
Optional Features

#385 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 20:17

flight50 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 19:47 I don't see an industry cargo pack coming with Montana but core content with this many new companies and industries, yes. Totally yes on more coming. I'm going with at least a dozen new cargoes in total. 18-24 new would be icing on the cake. I won't be too greedy in expecting more right now but a couple of dozen does make up for some for older trailers in the game. I'd imagine dumpers and hoppers gets more with Montana bringing mining and agriculture. These trailers are newly reworked and even one has a licensed. I'd love to see 1.45 bring in Montana on a good foot.
I'm going to retain my role as mr. negative and say around 10 cargo for Montana. But I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell, and not even that much time from all indications.
flight50

#386 Post by flight50 » 04 Jul 2022 21:02

10 is doable. With 6-7 new companies, I gave the benefit of the doubt with 2 new cargoes per new company. This is, I find it most difficult to only bring 2 for Waldens and Faraday. Not only are they brand new companies, but totally brand new industries in ATS. I almost want to say 3 new cargoes alone for those. Otherwise, making those new industries/companies with only 1-2 new cargoes doesn't offer a lot of support. 2 trips there to pick up and we are already repeating cargo. That's not a good look. I post a landscape cargo post but I didn't post the electrick one. Below are those 2 industries though. I don't see why SCS could provide a few from both links to start off these new industries/companies.

Landscaping supplies
Electric Energy
Optional Features

#387 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 22:42

flight50 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 21:02 10 is doable. With 6-7 new companies, I gave the benefit of the doubt with 2 new cargoes per new company. This is, I find it most difficult to only bring 2 for Waldens and Faraday. Not only are they brand new companies, but totally brand new industries in ATS. I almost want to say 3 new cargoes alone for those. Otherwise, making those new industries/companies with only 1-2 new cargoes doesn't offer a lot of support. 2 trips there to pick up and we are already repeating cargo. That's not a good look. I post a landscape cargo post but I didn't post the electrick one. Below are those 2 industries though. I don't see why SCS could provide a few from both links to start off these new industries/companies.

Landscaping supplies
Electric Energy
Yeah, we can continue to hope. When I see a van trailer as the initial representation of a company, that is concerning.
VTXcnME

#388 Post by VTXcnME » 04 Jul 2022 23:52

So, I'm trying to remember how long open beta's seem to last, previously. about 5-6 weeks seems to ring in my head for some reason. Anyone have a better answer?

Just thinking we're only like 3 or 4 weeks from a 1.45 version release and hopefully, you know... montana with it. :D

flight50 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 19:47 That dedicated cargo team thread was made more than a year ago. I was hoping SCS took notice and like the new (4) 2d artist added recently, SCS could have implements a small 2-3 person cargo team. You don't have to live in Prague for that. The cargoes we are getting so far in 1.45 could be the result of that or its still tied to the vehicle team. It will be interesting to see how many new cargoes 1.45 brings though.

I don't see an industry cargo pack coming with Montana but core content with this many new companies and industries, yes. Totally yes on more coming. I'm going with at least a dozen new cargoes in total. 18-24 new would be icing on the cake. I won't be too greedy in expecting more right now but a couple of dozen does make up for some for older trailers in the game. I'd imagine dumpers and hoppers gets more with Montana bringing mining and agriculture. These trailers are newly reworked and even one has a licensed. I'd love to see 1.45 bring in Montana on a good foot.
I know this has been talked about before, and I'm gonna try my darndest to not beat a dead horse here. A lot of cargos mentioned in those other threads are currently existing assets they are using as decoration/display around various stores now. I am *REALLY* hoping that someone is pulling those assets out of the files and making them flat deck/step deck compliant so they can be added loads. Really feels like there are like 10-15 gimme loads that wouldn't take a whole lot to get into the cargo market.
Optional Features

#389 Post by Optional Features » 05 Jul 2022 00:02

Yep, I have a whole thread dedicated to them. Some of them might not be good enough, but some of them definitely could be.
SouthernMan

#390 Post by SouthernMan » 05 Jul 2022 00:05

**I don't know if this has already been shared**

It's weird how Montana has its map as if it's already working, if you guys know what I mean(the same does not happen with texas):
[ external image ]
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.

Return to “General discussion about the game”