ATS 1.45 Discussion

howey

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#321 Post by howey » 01 Jul 2022 01:30

The problem that more of us are seeing though with the decision making though is that it's not fully adjusted to get the maximum benefit and immersion for that piece of content or feature.

For instance hopper trailers have been out for quite awhile now and we still only have 3 or 4 variants of cargo to haul for them. Same with the fresh tanker and silo trailers. Great to have them but kinda useless to use them since there are very limited and cargo variety and locations to take them.

Same goes with new companies and industries. Great that we have that extra variety but useless if there no cargo across multiple trailer types which there can be in alot of cases here to to make them beneficial. It's the assumption that SCS are making rash decisions to meet the demand of us the player wanting which I understand but the problem is that they aren't making it a complete piece of content enough to us to enjoy.

Don't get me wrong it's good to leave some pieces of content out of current content but at least make enough variety basis content to keep us entertained for the time being is all I'm trying to say cause to me a quarter or the ownable trailers are useless owning atm due to the lack of variety of cargo and also there limited area and random areas of locations they can go to.
Optional Features

#322 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 01:37

@howey For hoppers, we didn't get a single pull through drop off? For tankers, we don't have many pull through loading racks.

SCS makes the grain elevator, but keeps the doors closed. They make the loading rack, but we're still backing up to docks.

It's like the right hand and left hand don't communicate.
VirtualTruckTravels

#323 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 01 Jul 2022 02:09

@supersobes thank you for the explanation and video :) it is similar version of what we have in Denmark, here we have normal red, yellow, green and then turn arrows seperated right to the side of the normal green circle, and when arrow is on everyone oncoming and pedestrians has red light, it is actually really weird that this is not implemented in ETS2 at all.
flight50

#324 Post by flight50 » 01 Jul 2022 02:14

@howey Welcome back buddy. I knew you couldn't stay away too long and leave me hanging, lol. Good post though. My hopes is that the cargo won't be accessible until 1.45 goes public with Montana. So far, only 18 Wheels of Steel is available outside of Montana....I think. I want to say one more is but I haven't jumped in the beta yet so others can confirm.

So if the new companies that have cargo are only in Montana right now, it could be that we need to own Montana to get the new content. Anything not locked to the base files will be assets for a new map dlc until or if SCS allows other states to have (x) prefab. The extension roads and US-14 are just the compatibility stuff that we can access now. We've seen the new cardboard bales in one of the Twitter videos on the flatbed. I bet its for the waste management company perhaps. If we have a recycling place finally as a division of waste management, that would be great. I don't see SCS not making new cargo for other Montana companies with so many new industries. I explained it a few days ago. 1.45 will bring new, just not in this open beta perhaps. If we have 6-7 new companies, I'm going with 2-3 new cargoes for each of those to start those companies off. Take that with a grain of salt though. Just my guess.

The new trailer we got.........one more off the list in the "choose the next trailer" thread. As that list diminishes, SCS will have to double back and start populating older trailers with cargo. I once said that maybe SCS is trying to get all the trailer types in first, therefore we get very limited cargo. Some are okay with this, some not. But once all common trailers are in, the guys making trailers should focus on cargo for those trailers. It would be much easier to do both if SCS just hired a dedicated cargo team. Til then, I'm willing to give them a little time if ICCs are somewhat being address. Montana will cover the I and one of the Cs at least.
CDRacer

#325 Post by CDRacer » 01 Jul 2022 08:03

howey wrote: 01 Jul 2022 01:30 For instance hopper trailers have been out for quite awhile now and we still only have 3 or 4 variants of cargo to haul for them. Same with the fresh tanker and silo trailers. Great to have them but kinda useless to use them since there are very limited and cargo variety and locations to take them.
What frustrated me the most is that after they released hoppers they ran potatoes event in Idaho and you couldn't use freshly released hopper for it, only giant potato trailer and DRYVANS...
You hit a very good point in your post. That is what I pointed out in my previous posts, it seems like SCS lacks coders and only cares about enriching visual variety leaving usability and practical variety far behind.
Optional Features

#326 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 08:09

They have the look mostly down: it's all the other stuff that is missing.

Watch some old SCS trailers to see what I mean: 18 WoS Pedal to the Metal, Trucks and Trailers, and Extreme Trucker 1 and 2. All three of these games, dated as they are, have features we don't have today.

And there are other features not mentioned in the trailers that were also present in the past, but not current games.

The one that struck me the most was Trucks and Trailers' ability to have more than one functional trailer in game at a time. This is something I personally would love to have today both for yard storage purposes (seeing owned trailers), but also for places like the intermodal yard where finding the right trailer should require more than simple vision.

If it was possible back then, likely using Prism and older code, it should be possible today.
harishw8r

#327 Post by harishw8r » 01 Jul 2022 13:16

^ Yeah, it may be possible, but will they be efficient enough? ETS2 and ATS are larger in size than all the titles you mentioned. In one of them, we can also see AI drivers in traffic but it was capped at a certain number whereas now it's constantly increasing.

It's not about the feature, it's mostly about dealing with the complexities that come along. You literally threw that part to a trashcan.
flight50

#328 Post by flight50 » 01 Jul 2022 13:32

Agreed. The system is more complex now. If it was that easy, I think we'd have more features from the older games. The newer games are constantly evolving though. But I do agree we should get more features hands down.
oldmanclippy

#329 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Jul 2022 14:49

flight50 wrote: 01 Jul 2022 02:14 So far, only 18 Wheels of Steel is available outside of Montana....I think. I want to say one more is but I haven't jumped in the beta yet so others can confirm.
Municipal Waste Management, nice new prefab in Cody for it.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#330 Post by flight50 » 01 Jul 2022 15:53

^Yeah I just saw it yesterday when I first got in the beta. I never came back here to adjust though. But those are 2 prefabs I expect all states to have. They are base map worthy depots. Others could be tied to Montana and newer states. Montana and Texas are not even remotely close. If they both share too many company's, SCS isn't thinking regional in ATS at all like ETS2 does.

Return to “General discussion about the game”