ATS 1.45 Discussion

Glutinous Rice

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#271 Post by Glutinous Rice » 29 Jun 2022 14:11

@Tristman @danbywinby
This page contains a list of all 50 fuel stations with delivery points: https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... #Locations.
VTXcnME

#272 Post by VTXcnME » 29 Jun 2022 14:19

supersobes wrote: 29 Jun 2022 12:47
clifflandmark wrote: 29 Jun 2022 11:13 do 53 ft fuel tankers have to be 4 axles ? There's no option 2 axle for 53 fuel tankers. There might be regulation in US about these tankers. only 4 axle option is available for 53 ft's.
Yes, that is normal. If you had a two axle 53 foot tanker, you would never be able to fill it up all the way. More volume in the tank means more capacity to fill more liquid which means more cargo weight. To deal with the extra weight, you need more axles to be legal.
I thought minimum for the long tankers (in the US anyway) was triple rear axle. Front axle can lift when not loaded.
Optional Features

#273 Post by Optional Features » 29 Jun 2022 15:47

flight50 wrote: 29 Jun 2022 10:46 Reread this comment. You are talking about 2 senses that are not the same. Feel and sight. Both are not the same. Seeing is not feeling. That's my point. You can't not feel this in a virtual game. You can see it all day long.
Flight, we can't see it either in game. Irl, you can't always feel the wind either (if you're inside a building, riding in a low profile car, etc). But you can always see wind effects and hear the sound. The same is true in many video games: wind causes plants to move faster or a sound to play. I don't think we have either of these in game. Nothing will ever feel completely real, but at least we can have some effect. And the look is the start.
Acceleration/deceleration? You said you drive a dump truck now right. I assume loaded and unloaded you feel that difference in real life. The same feel can't happen in a game. Bogging down and longer braking yes but you don't feel that push of weight in cargo. Your asking for too much. But as usual when people disagree, they are defending SCS or annoying because we don't see that change valid.
Sadly, that was only for a couple weeks. Back to the car. But yes, there are a lot of forces I experienced in the cab, most noticeably braking too hard or hitting bumps. I don't think a game could quite do the same thing for me (without a motion sim); however, again, from an outside the cab view, something like My Truck Game has a far better perspective on how a truck bounces, lugs, etc in an offroad environment.
Optional Features

#274 Post by Optional Features » 29 Jun 2022 16:00

55sixxx wrote: 29 Jun 2022 11:44 Quick question man.... Do you actually drive in ATS??
Yes, I have 1200 hours in game. I have a lot of problems with the stability system, though. The higher it goes, the more unrealistic it seems. Perhaps it isn't the setting itself, but SCS road design since real life highway curves are banked and sweeping, not inserted into a straight road like a train set piece. I should try it higher while driving through Reforma and see how it is.

I have the same problem with the brake slider. The farther left it goes, the weaker the brakes get. I don't want weak brakes especially given AI driving, so instead, I use either a 50 or 70 ton weight mod which makes the truck feel like a train, but now the jake brake has a purpose.
For you to complain as much as you do, you need to have played the game a whole lot and experienced everything the game has to offer for committed sim players.
I think I have, although maybe I could adjust my settings more. It's not a bad game, but I wish I had way more control over my playing experience.
And don't get me wrong, I got nothing against you as a person but it's already getting old and annoying opening the forum up and getting welcomed with nothing else other than complaining posts.
Well, I think someone needs to complain, especially about things that could be improved. As long as this game has been out, I think we should have had a number of simple things added/unrestricted. The pace, however, is slow, and progress outside of maps is limited.

If I bug you that much, though, you're welcome to add me to the foe list. It wouldn't hurt my feelings.

On a separate note, what @pigbrother shared is brilliant. That's something already in game that has way more movement than the vehicles it rides in.

I also agree with @Eugene We need way more suspension effects in game: I was passing a semi on a bridge last night, and every time he went over an expansion joint, the trailer hopped and the roll up door shook. I wish that was a thing in game.
The Dude

#275 Post by The Dude » 29 Jun 2022 19:27

Cool to see the Rain sensor function is a game feature and not something a modder needs to add to a truck mod., same thing with the suspension feature in 1.44 .
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
supersobes
Global moderator

#276 Post by supersobes » 29 Jun 2022 20:00

An interesting thing in the game files is \vehicle\trailer_owned\scs_drybulk\references.pur where you can see all the references that SCS presumably used while making the trailer. The file requires PureRef program to open (you can enter zero in custom amount field to download the program for free).

[ external image ]
SuchManor

#277 Post by SuchManor » 29 Jun 2022 20:11

Is there a reference file for each of the ownable trailers? Or just the dry bulk?
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
SouthernMan

#278 Post by SouthernMan » 29 Jun 2022 20:26

@SuchManor I believe all trailers have reference files.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
supersobes
Global moderator

#279 Post by supersobes » 29 Jun 2022 21:14

I only see one for the dry bulk trailer. I'm kind of thinking SCS might have left it in there by mistake. Not even the fuel tankers have a reference file.
SouthernMan

#280 Post by SouthernMan » 29 Jun 2022 21:18

It could be that too. But, if I'm not mistaken, I already found it from Dryvan/Reefer, but I'm not sure if it was in "PureRef" format. Anyway.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.

Return to “General discussion about the game”