ATS 1.45 Discussion

SCS_Annie
SCS Software

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#291 Post by SCS_Annie » 30 Jun 2022 10:47

Brendan0620 wrote: 28 Jun 2022 02:35
TheRedRaider wrote: 28 Jun 2022 02:05 So I know that chemron was replaced by Aron but does anyone know which new brands correspond to the old ones
I'd say:

Chemron old = ARON new
GP old = NAF new
Driver old = Driverse new
Driving old = Haulett new
Heart's old = Phoenix new

And Gallon Oil was just refreshed.
correct :)
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
clifflandmark

#292 Post by clifflandmark » 30 Jun 2022 12:07

As it stands, it's like suing Jimmy Page for Stairway to Heaven. A 16-year-old (Randy California) plays the intro of Taurus at the local bar in San Francisco. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are watching Randy California at the same bar, and in a few years, Led Zeppelin releases the album which contains Stairway to Heaven.No matter Spirit's alive members sued Led Zeppelin because of plagiarism in Stairway to Heaven, Stairway to Heaven is owned by Led Zeppelin.Randy California has created an inspiration.Inspiration's new name began to be "plagiarism".

Think about how airplanes are made, the biggest inspiration has been birds. By observing things, we reveal new things.We are heading towards the 120th year in aviation. We still use natural methods. Tail folds such as Winglet, Split Scimitar, Fence etc. prevent vortex formation and save energy. We are inspired by the soaring of eagles.
(source : https://www.flightlineweekly.com/post/t ... f-winglets)

SCS will not be in trouble because of companies like chemron, wallbert.This could be inspration.
VTXcnME

#293 Post by VTXcnME » 30 Jun 2022 12:33

I suppose being the consumers of the game versus the makers of the game. . . if the makers of the game felt there was legal trouble possible, it's their choice to change to avoid any possible confrontations, right?

As consumers, we can guess and postulate all day long, but we aren't the one's that'll be staring down the barrel of a lawsuit.

End of the day, a gas station is a gas station. With all the different companies across the nation, just pretend you're somewhere unfamiliar. LOL. Gas station redo is literally the most minor thing folks to get up in arms over. LOL.

Also: Give it 10 minutes, I'm absolutely certain a modder will have an update to make any of the in game stations real branding again.
Rockatansky6

#294 Post by Rockatansky6 » 30 Jun 2022 12:37

I liked the new truckstops, I just miss Heart's, but this is the one that could get Love's a lot of legal trouble. Similarity was too great. I would say Aron is now my favorite, Haulett would be second.
flight50

#295 Post by flight50 » 30 Jun 2022 13:38

I did like all the older trucks stops. Can't lie on that one. The names worked but the color schemes is what could spur legal issues. The issue is that SCS has licensed manufactures in the industry. That brings more attention in general. ATS is all over YouTube and social media. People see similar real life brands in the backgrounds and sometime even mods that are the real companies. People can easily mod in the real company's when the 2d are is simple art. When SCS went to 3d logos, that made it much harder to do simple skins of real brands. I bet this is the reason for the complete change. I don't fault SCS

Like @VTXcnME said, a gas station is a gas station and we won't be the ones to pay the cost when it comes to money. We would pay the cost though in less content and we definitely don't want that. No need to get bent out of shape about the change. Either accept it, or complain constantly. Everyone will be on one side of the fence or the other. But complaining only angers you so no point imho. My experience definitely won't be ruined by the change. If anything, I'd be upset not more gas stations are coming to replace and add variety along with the lack of deliveries to them. Considering the direction oil/gas is going, these new gas stations should feature more deliverables. I'll be able to jump into the beta later tonight or tomorrow to see for myself the changes along with US-14 and Cody that we so desperately fought for. So Kudos to SCS and Davido for making this happen.

Now only if he gets one of his guys to make sure US-20 from Idaho Falls to West Yellowstone gets in, it won't be another US-14/Cody. We'll need a commercially legal route to get to Bozeman that avoids commercial trucking thru YS. YS is an alternate and for those that don't care about the legal side. Every route should to (x) city should have an alternate if possible. WYS is already in the game so a city to the degree of Cody doesn't have to be created. Looking at the bug reports, the beta probably won't go too far. I'm assuming July is Montana's month to release which lines up with a few other Summer releases of June/July in Arizona, Washington and Idaho.

So get Montana out the door, focus on Texas for Nov/Dec for ATS, tease the next dlc before the xmas stream and hit 2023 like a storm as we will then be onto smaller states and less terrain involved states. So we are officially into the Great Plains until we hit the MidWest and Southeast when the terrain transitions again.
clifflandmark

#296 Post by clifflandmark » 30 Jun 2022 13:40

VTXcnME wrote: 30 Jun 2022 12:33 if the makers of the game felt there was legal trouble possible, it's their choice to change to avoid any possible confrontations, right?

Also: Give it 10 minutes, I'm absolutely certain a modder will have an update to make any of the in game stations real branding again.
Yes, they do have choice to change to avoid any possible trouble ehh...This is not a concern at the end of a job that will end badly. Would the Billion Dollar Chevron deal with such a thing?
Besides, if it was "plagiarism", Renault's, Seat's, Ford's, Mercedes, Volkswagen's in the traffic would have more likely bad consequences for SCS because it is more risky that the car design is exactly the same as the originals, rather than the Chemron being blue in color like the Chevron's.Chevron is a smaller risk. What about Wallbert? :D

Fortunately, as you said, there are modders. Let's see which parody will be which original company.

I still think, the amount of time that has been used to create new ones could be more useful, if they were new companies instead of replacing them. Anyway, Thanks to the developer who has efforts.
oldmanclippy

#297 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jun 2022 13:45

I haven't been following this thread so excuse me if this has been discussed already. Last night I had a Great Falls Cargo Terminal trailer pass me by on US-191 north of Jackson (so he must have illegally driven through Yellowstone :lol:). I don't remember any trailer skins from upcoming DLCs appearing before a compatibility patch. Am I right? If so, that's basically confirmation that Montana is a 1.45 DLC and that this is indeed Montana's compatibility patch.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
parasaurolophus67

#298 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 30 Jun 2022 13:46

@oldmanclippy Yes that has happen in the past updates before a new map dlc comes out. Tho the Montana map is also lit up also with the other states so thats also a confirmation.
oldmanclippy

#299 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jun 2022 13:47

@parasaurolophus67 I more so mean, has it ever happened before that the skins show up 2 patches before a DLC releases? I.e. is there precedent that suggests that this means that Montana is 1.45 OR 1.46, not just 1.45?

EDIT: oh yeah you're right the state is light gray now, duh that's pretty clear evidence as well
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
clifflandmark

#300 Post by clifflandmark » 30 Jun 2022 13:48

flight50 wrote: 30 Jun 2022 13:38 If anything, I'd be upset not more gas stations are coming to replace and add variety.
that's another way of saying it. Yours is more optimistic. You talk about changing it all, I say energy should not be wasted on the existing one. New ones should come, old ones should not disappear.

I couldn't find how to reply to the 2nd post in the edit.That's why I had to post one after another.

Return to “General discussion about the game”