ATS 1.45 Discussion

Laqueesha

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#341 Post by Laqueesha » 02 Jul 2022 12:34

Jens Lyn IV wrote: 01 Jul 2022 16:25 Some feedback after testing 1.45 for a few days:
  • Engine sounds are still pretty bad in general
    • All engines go completely silent when releasing the throttle
    • Many engine sound samples are poorly synced with one another; the result is the engine sounds like it's at two different RPM at the same time
    • The pitch of many engine sound samples isn't properly clamped to engine RPM, meaning any given change in RPM doesn't result in a matching change in sound pitch. Come on SCS, this is basic stuff!
    • Other sounds that should vary in pitch aren't, e.g. the tyre hum which fades in abrubtly above 40 MPH and then sounds almost the same at every speed instead of the pitch increasing linearly with forward speed
  • The now-not-so-new-anymore adaptive automatic transmission behaviour is still really weird
    • Except when losing speed climbing a hill, kickdown is almost always counterproductive, often immediately shifting back into an even higher gear than before applying full throttle.
    • None of the automatic transmission modes are appropriate for heavy haul and/or underpowered trucks, skipping way too many gears at higher speeds.
On the subject of sounds, I also noticed police car sirens don't have the Doppler effect applied to them, they sound exactly the same whether they're coming towards you or away from you. I opened up a ticket on the bug tracker for it. Since it is applied to other sounds it should be applied to those sirens as well.
Last edited by Laqueesha on 03 Jul 2022 00:23, edited 3 times in total.
jarryed

#342 Post by jarryed » 02 Jul 2022 12:52

This game doesn't have police/fire engine sirens of any kind, unless I am missing something here. Don't see a reason to report something that isn't in the game.

Just woke up and still getting coffee into me.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Laqueesha

#343 Post by Laqueesha » 02 Jul 2022 13:00

They do, when you break a traffic law in front of a police car, a siren will activate.
jarryed

#344 Post by jarryed » 02 Jul 2022 13:02

Oh yes I forgot...the dreaded speeding tickets. I speed limit myself to 65 most of the time in game and run cruise in California.

Sorry Laqueesha. Totally my bad. We'll blame that on being not fully awake too.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
flight50

#345 Post by flight50 » 02 Jul 2022 14:34

Bedavd wrote: 01 Jul 2022 21:39 @flight50 I hope you can get there. Night driving in ATS specifically has been making me almost fall asleep behind the gamepad too lol. The depot is great!
I got there this morning finally, lol. I found a route that took me the way I wanted to go. I like this prefab though. It gives us somewhere to take used packaging which never made since until now. I'd like to see more go there. The depot has tires and paper but in due time, it should be edited to allow more. Such as plastic and glass.

Looking at this depot, 1 of 2 things can happen.
1) reduce the bays of this current setup to include other recyclable materials
2) widen the depot which would involve the devs going back in every location to adjust the landscaping around it.

[ external image ]

This depot does address an industry for recyclables I mentioned some time ago though. I like it and as long as it not over used, every state could get this depot for sure. Used packaging is everywhere. Now if we can only get something for used pallets. I once suggested a depot that actually makes pallets. They do exist and we do have a lumber industry. Cargoes in ATS would be nice if they all made sense for incoming and outgoing cargo jobs. The larger the game gets, the more middle man companies come hopefully.
oldmanclippy

#346 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Jul 2022 17:31

I like the new gas station designs, especially ARON. That one definitely seems like a logo that could exist IRL. It's just something that needed to happen for liability reasons, can't fault them for that.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
clifflandmark

#347 Post by clifflandmark » 02 Jul 2022 17:34

Doppler effect should have been included but compared to tons of truck-related feature still missed, doppler is not that important.
CarCat

#348 Post by CarCat » 02 Jul 2022 18:10

Bedavd wrote: 01 Jul 2022 17:13 I reallllllllllllly like the MWM depot.
One of the first new companies in a while where I frequently visit a real life counterpart and the in-game representation is notably good. Very similar to my local transfer station with the two levels, very cool. Also the trailer is very nice, a nice clean design. Went to Cody specifically to get a nice long load with one of the MWM dry vans...
[ external image ]

We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there...

I live in Rhode Island and love anything related to trucks.

Specs: Ryzen 3 2200G, 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
SouthernMan

#349 Post by SouthernMan » 02 Jul 2022 18:39

Maybe it's not new for some, but I believe that many still haven't seen it... Silane Gás company(Montana):
[ external image ]
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
parasaurolophus67

#350 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 02 Jul 2022 18:42

huh, so it is new cargo most likely. Nice find buddy!

Return to “General discussion about the game”