ATS 1.45 Discussion

parasaurolophus67

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#371 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 04 Jul 2022 15:02

@Virtual Trucker 51 if your talking about the dark red trailer, we already have it. -_- It was for the cal rework phase.
Tristman

#372 Post by Tristman » 04 Jul 2022 15:04

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 14:00 well you got Guard rails, IBC containers, Lemonades, buttermilk, The logs on a flatbed, The baby trees also on a flatbed, and the gas tank trailer. So thats 7 new cargo. Could get to 8 if that packaged box load on flatbeds also come
I'm 99% sure you can add sugar beets to that list as well, seeing as we will have a company focused on those.
Trucker Nik

#373 Post by Trucker Nik » 04 Jul 2022 15:09

@parasaurolophus67 I don't mean that company, here are the new companies: Faraday Energy, Great Falls Cargo Terminal, Sweet Beets, Waldens Landscape Supplies, 18-Wheels Garage and MWM viewtopic.php?p=1712049#p1712049
JohnMc19

#374 Post by JohnMc19 » 04 Jul 2022 15:29

6 new companies but technically 5 as Great Falls Cargo terminal won't be used in other states whereas I expect the rest to show up in other and future DLCs and reworks. Add Cardboard bale to the cargo so 8 as far and hope to see more cargo in future blog posts from Montana.
Jens Lyn IV

#375 Post by Jens Lyn IV » 04 Jul 2022 17:28

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 30 Jun 2022 23:27Is anybody else that is driving the Peterbilt 389 having problems with the rain sensor?

I just had trip through some rough weather (foggy and heavy rain) but the wipers never caught up to speed, only did the first level like wipe-2sec pause-wipe-2sec pause... etc. 3 times during the rain it stopped wiping too and left my windsheild flood, then after maybe 20-30 seconds it started again. I have no mods, enabled the rain-sensor in game settings and turned my wiper to first level of engagement.
I've had the exact same thing happen in the Kenworth W900.

The Mack Anthem takes it too far in the other direction, running the wipers much faster than necessary.
SouthernMan

#376 Post by SouthernMan » 04 Jul 2022 17:33

What is happening to me is that in some places the plates are invisible, without details... And this is everywhere.

About the rain sensor, it should probably be a problem for everyone(or not).
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
parasaurolophus67

#377 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 04 Jul 2022 18:08

would be better if you guys would report it. v:
Optional Features

#378 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 18:12

hangman005 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 10:30 Especially if it's in the likes of a Reefer, Box Trailer... container. I don't understand the full ins and outs but where the cargo doesn't actually need to load a model shouldn't really take that long should it?
Oh yeah, invisible cargo (a frustration of mine) should be plentiful.

@flight50 Looks like Montana is bringing a handful of cargo: I would prefer a basket, but a handful is better than none.

The thing is if cargo is only tied to the states, the likelihood old industries get new cargo dwindles as we move East. This is why the cargo pool is so essential to changing the framework of cargo creation. Now, there's a library, and cargo is added to that constantly.
SouthernMan wrote: 04 Jul 2022 14:26 I think SCS should have a specific team to do this type of service (bringing news more often). I don't know if there's some kind of policy about them adding more loads to trailers (I don't think so), but it would be nice if we saw new loads and other things more often. Just saying...
Yep, and flight and others have suggested it for a while. But even without, someone should be turning the map objects into cargo to start. That could help immensely.
Optional Features

#379 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 18:16

HagenXXV wrote: 04 Jul 2022 13:36 Some time ago I was wondering the same thing, someone told me that it is basically because of the shortage of suitable personnel to implement the 3D objects in the trailers.

Here I think there is also a shortage of personnel in the quality control area, because there are still notable errors that damage the experience in a direct way (that's right, I'm referring to the illegal cattle trailer :x ).

However, new loadouts are coming more frequently and that's good, I think SCS is realizing that the loadout is almost as important an aspect as a map DLC or a licensed truck DLC.

To be honest, sometimes I get more excited about the milliseconds it takes to see a new loadout on social media videos than the map itself. :D
Yeah, it could be a personnel issue, but if they used funding from cargo sales to fund a new person, I think it could pay for itself. One cargo mod every three years won't do it.

I was glad to see the screen captures of cargo in that latest video, too! Hopefully there is more, including simple stuff like types of lumber.
Tristman wrote: 04 Jul 2022 15:04 I'm 99% sure you can add sugar beets to that list as well, seeing as we will have a company focused on those.
Sugar beets will likely be invisible unless something radical happens. But yes, it still counts.
flight50

#380 Post by flight50 » 04 Jul 2022 18:33

SouthernMan wrote: 04 Jul 2022 14:26 I think SCS should have a specific team to do this type of service (bringing news more often). I don't know if there's some kind of policy about them adding more loads to trailers (I don't think so), but it would be nice if we saw new loads and other things more often. Just saying...
seriousmods wrote: 04 Jul 2022 18:12
hangman005 wrote: 04 Jul 2022 10:30 Especially if it's in the likes of a Reefer, Box Trailer... container. I don't understand the full ins and outs but where the cargo doesn't actually need to load a model shouldn't really take that long should it?
Oh yeah, invisible cargo (a frustration of mine) should be plentiful.

@flight50 Looks like Montana is bringing a handful of cargo: I would prefer a basket, but a handful is better than none.

The thing is if cargo is only tied to the states, the likelihood old industries get new cargo dwindles as we move East. This is why the cargo pool is so essential to changing the framework of cargo creation. Now, there's a library, and cargo is added to that constantly.
Yep, and flight and others have suggested it for a while. But even without, someone should be turning the map objects into cargo to start. That could help immensely.
That is exactly why this thread was created. viewtopic.php?p=1521830#p1521830. Funny part is, me personally, I find it very shocking at the amount of people that are against a dedicated team. Still an overwhelming 87% agree. Should be 97% or more imho.

Agreed a basket is better but we scratching the surface at least. I don't think cargo ever gets tied to states, the industries and companies do. So until more states host the same new companies that Montana and Texas do, it will seem as some cargoes tie to states. But in general, cargo ties to industries and that chain of industries that trucks serve. So yeah....that pool of cargo idea you had is the best way to make the main focus of Cargo Market. If Cargo Market is suppose to be about owned trailers, I'd be putting more eggs in that basket.

If the vehicle team can match the map team in content releases a year, that is more money to fuel SCS wallets. When fans are eager to toss money at SCS, its a no brainer to me to assemble a team to get beyond core content. Licensed trailers are coming, make them beneficial to those that buy. We should get 1-2 industry cargo packs once industries are established. Agriculture and oil/gas should be up. Add to them over time but start somewhere please. People are realllllly wanting to add to the wealth of SCS but paid cargo packs are not frequent enough. I don't want to use mods for something SCS should be providing. I've used cargo mods in the past and they are a pain to modify to what I want and they become abandoned at some point. I tire of dealing with them. SCS should be pushing cargo more than trucks imho. I'm content with the truck roster now. One a year isn't bad. Two is a treat but cargo is almost endless and can come much much more frequently.

Return to “General discussion about the game”