ATS 1.45 Discussion

parasaurolophus67

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#301 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 30 Jun 2022 13:50

Buddy. Its like this for the past updates. I wouldn't really question it. Heck its even in the trailer gallery where the all the trailers are shown and all the skins are show to see what skin are there.

If thats not what your looking for then idk then. Its not really questionable.
oldmanclippy

#302 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jun 2022 13:53

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 30 Jun 2022 13:50 Buddy. Its like this for the past updates. I wouldn't really question it. Heck its even in the trailer gallery where the all the trailers are shown and all the skins are show to see what skin are there.

If thats not what your looking for then idk then. Its not really questionable.
I think you're misunderstanding my question. I know that the trailer skins showed up in compatibility updates for the most recent DLCs. I was just asking if anyone can remember an earlier time when they showed up in the update before the compatibility update. That's all.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
parasaurolophus67

#303 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 30 Jun 2022 13:55

yeah... I sometimes answer a question that looked simple at first then goes offtopic. srry :I But yeah they do.
oldmanclippy

#304 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jun 2022 13:57

OK thanks, so the fact that the trailer skins showed up *combined* with the state being greyed out and all (most) of the connecting roads being visible, I think it's pretty safe to say that Montana is planned for 1.45. Very exciting.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#305 Post by flight50 » 30 Jun 2022 14:23

@oldmanclippy Yes we always get the new skins for the compatibility update. Its part of the economy reset so they must be part of the game before the dlc releases. The dlc is on the same update so we'll get everything involved. Everything we see in blogs/screenshots, should be part of the update its aimed to release for. Majority of the time, its works this way. You'll notice for 1.44 the mention of doghouse lights but we never saw screenshots for it. We still don't see them. But trailers, AI vehicles, skins, ICC's...all that is in the compatibility update for new maps coming. As far as I can remember since I become so active here, that is how its always been.
Trucker Nik

#306 Post by Trucker Nik » 30 Jun 2022 17:26

Today I met in traffic a vehicle that was added in open beta 1.43 and then removed, I think the vehicle is also designed for rails, I do not have a photo, I hope you know which vehicle I mean
SuchManor

#307 Post by SuchManor » 30 Jun 2022 18:17

The only gripe I have with the new gas station branding is that some of the signs look out of place compared to the old ones. The old signs looked real (of course because they were based off of real signs), but that is what made them look so good. I would like to see some of the signs redone with inspiration from real signs that are used. Or, at least some more variety in signage. Right now most of them look the same.

Also, small thing but the tall Phoenix signs don't include the Phoenix name along with the logo. I think the name should be included as well.

The branding I can live with, but I'd like to see some improvements to the way it is presented in the game world.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
SouthernMan

#308 Post by SouthernMan » 30 Jun 2022 18:26

Agreed! I think these new gas stations are pretty generic, although they have a reason for doing so.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#309 Post by SCS_Annie » 30 Jun 2022 20:26

clifflandmark wrote: 30 Jun 2022 12:07 As it stands, it's like suing Jimmy Page for Stairway to Heaven. A 16-year-old (Randy California) plays the intro of Taurus at the local bar in San Francisco. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are watching Randy California at the same bar, and in a few years, Led Zeppelin releases the album which contains Stairway to Heaven.No matter Spirit's alive members sued Led Zeppelin because of plagiarism in Stairway to Heaven, Stairway to Heaven is owned by Led Zeppelin.Randy California has created an inspiration.Inspiration's new name began to be "plagiarism".

Think about how airplanes are made, the biggest inspiration has been birds. By observing things, we reveal new things.We are heading towards the 120th year in aviation. We still use natural methods. Tail folds such as Winglet, Split Scimitar, Fence etc. prevent vortex formation and save energy. We are inspired by the soaring of eagles.
(source : https://www.flightlineweekly.com/post/t ... f-winglets)

SCS will not be in trouble because of companies like chemron, wallbert.This could be inspration.
Speaking as a person who deals with these issues daily (i.e. "are we allowed to use this?") and who is responsible for the truck stop designs: your view on laws is rather skewed. Believe me when I tell you, there's much hard work and brainstorming behind every decision, every compromise we have to make. As controversial as they might appear, they are never without reason. We are well aware we cannot please everyone, but we still try our best to improve the games visually to the best of our ability.
More content IS coming. But before we can implement it, we have to address some other issues, first. Such is the nature of game development. Can't frost an unbaked cake.
With that being said, thank you for the feedback, nonetheless.
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
Ryley03d

#310 Post by Ryley03d » 30 Jun 2022 21:13

SuchManor wrote: 27 Jun 2022 17:25 Over 300 new sign templates were added... not sure if ill be able to cover them all lol
Do as many as you can

Return to “General discussion about the game”