ATS 1.45 Discussion

hangman005

Re: ATS 1.45 Open Beta Discussion

#251 Post by hangman005 » 29 Jun 2022 09:57

Just a minor pet peeve, not spefically 1.45 specific but it has began to annoy me more as I've been taking a double fuel tanker for a spin (There are actually a few more deliverable gas stations that I intially thought like the one in Idaho Falls) but it's a guess loading zone markers that automatically turn you around. I know there is that tiny walbert prefab ie Ely, NV where it really is needed (or doubles restricted from delivering there) can't recall if there are others where there either a) isn't enough space to turn the truck around or b) driving around the depot to get out, as we are getting more of as time goes by. But In most cases now it's just pointless (and immersion breaking) to have your double turned around after loading and unloading.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
Underscore_101_

#252 Post by Underscore_101_ » 29 Jun 2022 10:42

Are the fuel tankers only chrome based, unlike ETS2 (what I gather from blog images) where there are also "normal" painted versions?
flight50

#253 Post by flight50 » 29 Jun 2022 10:46

seriousmods wrote: 29 Jun 2022 00:15 How can you feel wind or weight in a flight sim? How can you feel weight in a train sim? How can you feel weight in farming sim? Things like wind are typically seen in a visual effect: wind would be curtains billowing on a trailer or flaps flying in the breeze, antennas waving, the cab (if it had a suspsension) shaking, trees and grass waving, powerlines bouncing, trash blowing, etc.
Reread this comment. You are talking about 2 senses that are not the same. Feel and sight. Both are not the same. Seeing is not feeling. That's my point. You can't not feel this in a virtual game. You can see it all day long. Acceleration/deceleration? You said you drive a dump truck now right. I assume loaded and unloaded you feel that difference in real life. The same feel can't happen in a game. Bogging down and longer braking yes but you don't feel that push of weight in cargo. Your asking for too much. But as usual when people disagree, they are defending SCS or annoying because we don't see that change valid.

These tankers added, sloshing is going beyond what most players are concerned about. 90% of people request the tanker. They just want it. The physics behind it is advanced type stuff that SCS won't concern themselves outside of just making new cargoes and providing new trailer types in general. Your ambitions have good intent but most are just too in depth and you will constantly keep being disappointed. That's just digging too deep into a simple form of the game. Too many other things to implement to go this deep.

I was really hoping 1.45 brought more to the deck. During the course of this beta, I'd love to see the doghouse light make it since they didn't make it for 1.44. No word on that. I don't see why it would need to go to 1.46. What type of issues did it have to delay so long? No DX12 beta either. No updates on the engine. We get the Montana compatibility update so that is good.
hangman005

#254 Post by hangman005 » 29 Jun 2022 10:57

@Underscore_101_ Yes, you can have paint job on the tankers
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
clifflandmark

#255 Post by clifflandmark » 29 Jun 2022 11:13

do 53 ft fuel tankers have to be 4 axles ? There's no option 2 axle for 53 fuel tankers. There might be regulation in US about these tankers. only 4 axle option is available for 53 ft's.
Digital X

#256 Post by Digital X » 29 Jun 2022 11:17

@Underscore_101_ The main body of the Fuel Tanks are Graphite Grey giving a chrome look. That cannot be changed, but a skin can be applied on top.
Underscore_101_

#257 Post by Underscore_101_ » 29 Jun 2022 11:24

@hangman005 thanks, but I should have worded myself better, for a full colour paint job I find the chrome base quite a bit too shiny/reflective.

Also thanks @Digital X , you were replying when I was replying to Hangman.
55sixxx

#258 Post by 55sixxx » 29 Jun 2022 11:44

seriousmods wrote: 29 Jun 2022 03:05 Yeah, that would be one way for sure, and a good way. Simple is always better. Using existing game code is better. But there should be a noticeable difference in handling between trailer types and configurations (a tall trailer should be more top heavy by default and with no setting adjustments than a lowboy with a short load). And imo there should be a much more significant feeling of weight when loaded, but that's another topic entirely.
Quick question man.... Do you actually drive in ATS??

Because what you wrote above, it's already in the game. A dryvan with a fairly heavy load will handle completely different than a lowboy, same with a container carrier loaded with 20'ft or 45'ft containers. If you take a tall flatbed load it will behave completely different than a short one as well.

Also, turning down trailer stability only for one type of trailer is not realistic. So my advice to you would be to open ATS, turn down to zero all stability options and suspension stiffness, brake strength at 1/8 of the slider, then take a considerably heavy load and then tell me how you ended up flipping it over on I-80 eastbound of Truckee.

For you to complain as much as you do, you need to have played the game a whole lot and experienced everything the game has to offer for committed sim players.

And don't get me wrong, I got nothing against you as a person but it's already getting old and annoying opening the forum up and getting welcomed with nothing else other than complaining posts.
xXCARL1992Xx

#259 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jun 2022 11:56

Late to the Party but yeah, movement of the tank after braking would be nice, I saw several Tank trailer and ask myself why the hell the bumper was movin up/down constantly and later it dawned on me it was the liquid moving inside the tank that made it sway :rofl:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#260 Post by pigbrother » 29 Jun 2022 12:04

Yeah, that details would be nice, but I don't know how can be done in a reasonable realistic way. The trailers and their cargo have their mass and CoG, but this one is more difficult. We already have cabin accessories with physics that reacts to braking, acceleration and steering, maybe the cargo for tankers could use something similar, like an invisible accessory inside the tanker with a 20 tons (or whatever it is) mass and tweaked until feels ok, but I'm not so sure this will suffice. And accurate fluid dynamics simulation is kinda CPU heavy...
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “General discussion about the game”