ETS2 1.45 Discussion

SenseFM

Re: ETS2 1.45 Discussion

#311 Post by SenseFM » 17 Aug 2022 14:22

^It's true that in the German distance signs there many city names that don't exist in the game. From what I've seen, the displayed distances actually refer to Autobahn interchanges and rest areas. Some examples are Braunschweig, Augsburg, Würzburg and Ulm. But if I recall correctly none of them is crossed out except Bielefeld, so @al_batros is probably right about the Easter egg.
al_batros

#312 Post by al_batros » 17 Aug 2022 14:43

Maybe I should have been more specific: These "Bielefeld" city names on the signs are not "XXXXX"ed out like SCS would do, but there is a red tape across the name like "Bielefeld". (Sorry, don't know how to take pictures in VR).
This "Bielefeld" even appears on Autobahn-Signs near Hannover and Dortmund and I've never seen something like that before...
TheClubber

#313 Post by TheClubber » 18 Aug 2022 13:11

Am I wrong or I saw a some kind of covering on some Italian road signs? Don't remember where, probably it was a part of the DLC (maybe Naples), but I clearly remember an highway sign which seemed darker, as if there was a sack/bag or something else covering it.
Obviously it was a "not available" road.
I'm from Italy, sorry if my English is flawed!
Angela Wittke

#314 Post by Angela Wittke » 18 Aug 2022 13:53

al_batros wrote: 17 Aug 2022 14:43 Maybe I should have been more specific: These "Bielefeld" city names on the signs are not "XXXXX"ed out like SCS would do, but there is a red tape across the name like "Bielefeld". (Sorry, don't know how to take pictures in VR).
This "Bielefeld" even appears on Autobahn-Signs near Hannover and Dortmund and I've never seen something like that before...
It's just another approximation of the reality tuch, nothing else. In any case, it does not mean that Bielefeld will be added. It remains as it is: Germany is a very densely populated country and by an map size of 1:20 you can't include all cities.
harishw8r

#315 Post by harishw8r » 18 Aug 2022 14:16

al_batros wrote: 17 Aug 2022 14:43 Maybe I should have been more specific: These "Bielefeld" city names on the signs are not "XXXXX"ed out like SCS would do, but there is a red tape across the name like "Bielefeld". (Sorry, don't know how to take pictures in VR).
This isn't the first time they are striking out names, they began to do this from RttBS, IIRC.
Seerman

#316 Post by Seerman » 18 Aug 2022 14:43

Germany is a very densely populated country and by an map size of 1:20 you can't include all cities.

1:19
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#317 Post by SenseFM » 18 Aug 2022 16:23

werewoooooooolf wrote: 18 Aug 2022 14:16 This isn't the first time they are striking out names, they began to do this from RttBS, IIRC.
They used to do that pretty frequently in the past, making some words nearly illegible, but fortunately they changed the approach on inaccessible town names shortly after Iberia's release. Now, in most cases, only the arrow that points to the sign's direction is crossed out. And currently Bielefeld is the only city name in the German distance signs that is crossed out. There are several other German cities that don't exist and appear in signs, but they aren't covered by that orange tape.
TheClubber wrote: 18 Aug 2022 13:11 Am I wrong or I saw a some kind of covering on some Italian road signs? Don't remember where, probably it was a part of the DLC (maybe Naples), but I clearly remember an highway sign which seemed darker, as if there was a sack/bag or something else covering it.
Obviously it was a "not available" road.
You're not wrong, there were black bags covering inaccessible city names such as Trieste, Ljubljana and Siracusa in the past. But after changing the approach on striking out the inaccessible road sings, the only crossed out parts are the directional arrows. I think that change was made with update 1.41
AlexxxF1

#318 Post by AlexxxF1 » 18 Aug 2022 19:55

I am in favor of adding any cities on the signs where possible, regardless of whether they are available or not.
Firstly, such signs much more realistic.
Secondly, such signs would create the illusion of a larger world than we have.
This works exactly the same as turning off visible crosses on inaccessible roads. Turning off, the world seems more huge and realistic.
Or added signs with distances to cities, which were so lacking, and today they create such a realistic map in ATS/ETS2.
(really amazing work. comparing how toylike the world seemed in ETS2 2012 and how realistic it seems today in 2022).
Road signs with inaccessible cities would work the same way.
When you see two - three cities on a road sign in real life..... and in the game there is only one.... it immediately knocks out a little from the immersion, and the game world seems small, consisting of one city for tens-or hundred of kilometers around.
Alwaystrucking33

#319 Post by Alwaystrucking33 » 20 Aug 2022 22:48

Scs you did a great job with 1.45. Can you remove the cars with minivans or make the cabin a little higher closer to real life on the next version 1.46? Keep it up.

Return to “General discussion about the game”