More AI functions and animated objects

Optional Features

More AI functions and animated objects

#1 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 04:45

SCS should greatly expand the library of animated objects available for mappers (and used in future and current dlcs). In addition, the game could use a number of additional AI functions.

Some ideas:
  • The ability for an AI truck to back up a trailer into a dock
  • The ability for an AI semi tractor to connect to a semi trailer and depart or disconnect and depart
  • The ability for an AI vehicle to exit the roadway, turn on hazard lights, and park
  • The ability for an AI vehicle to drive (before sunset) or park with only marker lights on
  • The ability for an AI truck to back into a parking spot and then leave after a set period of time
  • The ability for an AI forklift to move pallets from one place to another
  • The ability for an AI container crane to unload cans from a ship
  • The ability for AI ships to dock at a port with the help of tugboats
  • The ability for an AI combine harvester to delete crop from a field
  • The ability for an AI tractor to unload an AI combine into a trailer
  • The ability for an AI train to leave behind a handful of cars on a track
  • The ability for an AI locomotive to connect to cars on a track and take them away
  • The ability for an AI ambulance, fire truck, or police car to leave a station and drive with lights and siren to a call
  • The ability for an AI yard truck to connect to and move a trailer from one point to another, then disconnect.

Character functions:
  • The ability for an AI character to get into or out of a vehicle and walk
  • The ability for an AI character to take a phone call and then stow the phone
  • The ability for an AI character to walk while carrying an object
  • The ability for an AI character to walk while pushing or pulling a cart, hand truck, or pallet jack
  • The ability for an AI character to chat with another AI, then walk away
Feel free to post more: I'm thinking of small things that would bring an area to life. Some of these may be in the game already as well: if so, please share so they can be removed.
PBandJ

Re: More AI functions and animated objects

#2 Post by PBandJ » 30 Jun 2022 11:14

How about they first fix the AI issues of stopping or slowing way down on highways before adding other useless AI features. Fixing where AI ignore merge signs and run into the side of your trailer. Fixing AI's where they block entrances to weigh stations and rest areas. Just to name a few.
SouthernMan

#3 Post by SouthernMan » 30 Jun 2022 15:33

@seriousmods About a Semi-trailer backup this would be awesome and I would be happy to implement them on all truck stops.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 16:32

PBandJ wrote: 30 Jun 2022 11:14 How about they first fix the AI issues of stopping or slowing way down on highways before adding other useless AI features. Fixing where AI ignore merge signs and run into the side of your trailer. Fixing AI's where they block entrances to weigh stations and rest areas. Just to name a few.
I love how some people will take the time to post that someone's suggestion is useless in the "feature wishlist and suggestions" section. So helpful.
SouthernMan wrote: 30 Jun 2022 15:33 @seriousmods About a Semi-trailer backup this would be awesome and I would be happy to implement them on all truck stops.
Agreed: it would make truckstops far better!
rookie31st

#5 Post by rookie31st » 30 Jun 2022 16:52

They still cannot add timing conditions to the stationary animate objects. We see the same news crew or repair workers all the time when driving by certain places, regardless of the time of day. No effort to add randomness/time frame for spawning for more realism. They want to show what they created, I get it, but could we at least get different versions for the same place? The world feels static
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#6 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 17:20

rookie31st wrote: 30 Jun 2022 16:52 They still cannot add timing conditions to the stationary animate objects. We see the same news crew or repair workers all the time when driving by certain places, regardless of the time of day. No effort to add randomness/time frame for spawning for more realism. They want to show what they created, I get it, but could we at least get different versions for the same place? The world feels static
I totally agree. All of this stuff adds up to making the world feel more alive, which it currently doesn't.
PBandJ

#7 Post by PBandJ » 30 Jun 2022 19:29

@seriousmods I am entitled to my opinion, don't like it, don't read it! I like how you pick only that out and none of the other things lol. I guess it is more important to watch things happen with AI's then in your own truck. I think it is much more important to fix the current things with AI's then add stuff to an all ready broken AI system.
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 19:53

PBandJ wrote: 30 Jun 2022 19:29 @seriousmods I am entitled to my opinion, don't like it, don't read it! I like how you pick only that out and none of the other things lol. I guess it is more important to watch things happen with AI's then in your own truck. I think it is much more important to fix the current things with AI's then add stuff to an all ready broken AI system.
Or course you are, but you're not entitled to be rude.

Or course the AI is broken, but most of this thread doesn't pertain to the existing AI traffic system. The pedestrians are not broken. The animated log loader isn't broken. There just aren't enough of these things to make the map feel as alive as it should.
PBandJ

#9 Post by PBandJ » 30 Jun 2022 20:37

@seriousmods LOL now that is funny, you calling someone else rude as you bash developers previously. I wasn't being rude any how, just stating my opinion. AGAIN, before adding more stuff to an AI system that clearly has some flaws, how about they take the time to fix those before adding more to the AI system?
Optional Features

#10 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 20:43

PBandJ wrote: 30 Jun 2022 20:37 @seriousmods LOL now that is funny, you calling someone else rude as you bash developers previously.
Well, I guess that depends on your definition of bashing. I consider asking why a game is not improving and providing ideas on how it can improve constructive criticism. Am I a bit harsh at times? Absolutely, but SCS should be harder on itself.

But I have had enough of this conversation: I would like to discuss ways for the game to improve, not have pointless banter.

Adding you to my foe list. Take care.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”