ATS v 1.46 speculation

Optional Features

Re: ATS v 1.46 speculation

#111 Post by Optional Features » 09 Aug 2022 23:20

Knightrider wrote: 09 Aug 2022 17:43 I just saw an youtube video with a MOD for ATS with dirt on the wheels/tires, and made me impressed - it was very well done. As I said in another thread, I really think dirt on the trucks is long overdue to be in ATS/ETS 2.
Yeah, those dirt/rust mods give trucks a lot of character.

[ external image ]
angrybirdseller

#112 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Aug 2022 23:26

ETS2 10th anniversary cabin accessory cake with candles that suprise gift! Think will get new trailer for 1.46 and map fixes do not think it will be big update as Texas will be bigger update that may arrive in December or it may arrive next year.
VTXcnME

#113 Post by VTXcnME » 09 Aug 2022 23:54

@angrybirdseller I'm hoping Texas drops by end of December/Beginning of January. Texas has been in the works a loooonng time now. I know it's a big state, but it's taken big time too.

And as I said in the Texas thread, the longer it takes to release at this point, the more perfect it's gonna have to be. Especially after Montana (which was done in 12 months start to finish) @flight50 is my memory right? Or am I having an oldtimers moment?
flight50

#114 Post by flight50 » 10 Aug 2022 00:04

I'm not 100% confident in this answer, lol but Wyoming released Sept 7th. We got Montana 11 months after Wyoming dropped. Davido stated that they started Montana before Wyoming was released. The thing we don't know is exactly how much in advanced did Montana go under full production. That answer could be 12-14 months actually.

I totally agree that the longer Texas takes, the closer to perfection people will expect. That why I say Texas has to come with the kitchen sink. The dev time is just to long and if it disappoints/doesn't meet expectations, that's going to be bad for a state of its size and content its packed with. Features are for ATS, not specific to Texas. So technically Texas needs to stand on its own 2 feet without features. Features can come with any update. Doesn't have to be with Texas or any map dlc. A new feature can come completely independent of a map dlc.

I do worry about Texas though. I worry about the rating it could potentially get if it doesn't come with enough new.
Tristman

#115 Post by Tristman » 10 Aug 2022 00:17

I agree Texas doesn’t have to come with new features, but in that case I hope the new features arrive before Texas does. I’m still hopeful they will do a major patch (1.46?) with an engine upgrade or new mechanics or whatever to improve the general game, before Texas arrives (in 1.47?).
flight50

#116 Post by flight50 » 10 Aug 2022 02:55

If we do get an updated squeezed in before Texas, I'd sure it could be possible be the DX12 beta that could update the engine before Texas. That would be ideal. If Texas is releasing with DX12, I hope it doesn't backfire. DX11 had a beta period that stretched until the next major update. Work out all the kinks first before going public. It would be nice if Texas came with the upgrade in mind but there's no guarantees to that.

I can see 2 updates possible before the end of the year though. If not, open beta 1.46 will bring in Texas and the earliest that updated kicks in would be October. If SCS has something up their sleeves for Texas, that open beta could go as long as 1.37 that brought Fmod. That when From end of Feb well in to April iirc and then 1.38 came shortly after to bring Idaho.
Bedavd

#117 Post by Bedavd » 10 Aug 2022 04:14

If 1.46 comes around October than it is more than likely carrying the big surprise connected to ETS2’s anniversary. Selfishly, as a leans ATS player, dirt and truck washes would be really nice because it would go to both games lol.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
angrybirdseller

#118 Post by angrybirdseller » 10 Aug 2022 07:19

Think 1.46 will be ETS2 suprise with content. With ATS the dx 12 kind of 50-50 for 1.46 we all know it's coming, but when. Driving school feature Intergrated into both games and improvements to AI are one thing I have feeling closer to becoming reality.
clifflandmark

#119 Post by clifflandmark » 10 Aug 2022 07:28

I'll be sticking around western Montana for a long time.I liked MT. It's top notch. Honestly, I can wait TX if it's going 2023 q1.It does not have to come before XMAS. (But that's me) Not everyone satisfied with MT if TX won't come this year)
VTXcnME

#120 Post by VTXcnME » 10 Aug 2022 23:03

I'm contented to drive Montana/Wyoming and the parts of Idaho that were always far flung corners for a while. I've been waiting for Texas for a while, and when it was announced on the steam store as TBA working on, I'm not gonna lie, I got real happy.

I've traveled thru Texas a couple times and look forward to digitally recreating those drives in an 18-wheeler.

I feel like if DX12 were coming, there would be some rumblings of it. Some "We're working on something big" content unless I've missed those blogs and social media posts. Have they shared "something on the horizon" kind of posts?

Either way: DX12 I don't think will be the savior or crutch that keeps Texas from being laggy. Cities (assuming SCS does them right/does them justice) will probably cause a FPS hit on good machines, let alone outdated ones). There's so much stock being placed on how much it'll help, and I think we all need to moderate our hopes and enthusiasm. DX12 isn't going to fix everything folks are hoping. In fact, it might not provide any kind of meaningful change in game play or FPS for most. The thing I'm most hoping for, that I worry won't get implemented correctly is mulitcore support. Lotta folks have 4 core, 6 core, 8 core PC's now as the mainstream baseline. Some tech-forward "gotta have the biggest and best" geeks are running 16 cores. Be awful nice if more games/programs really leveraged that processing power.

1.46 I'm guessing will bring fixes to problems found in Montana. I'm HOPING it brings preload for Texas release. Texas release date as an SCS Christmas present to all of us would be pretty solid.

Return to “General discussion about the game”