ATS v 1.46 speculation

angrybirdseller

Re: ATS v 1.46 speculation

#21 Post by angrybirdseller » 03 Jul 2022 07:01

Phase rework is 50-50 for 1.46 as they may hold off and release far larger chunk in 2023 as wrapping up Texas map they can reassign far more people for rebuild. Oklahoma need to start rudimentary road network before another team can start Kansas that could take one month or three months. Think AI improvement may happen with 1.46 the DX 12 will be repeat of DX 11 and the whiners complaining there mods are broke like they did with DX 9 to DX 11. Driving School is possibly along with adaptive cruise control. In addition, interface improvements point toward future port for Xbox and PS5.
Onagerlinn

#22 Post by Onagerlinn » 03 Jul 2022 07:51

@clifflandmark I've always been curious about the trucking school feature. It was first brought up quite a while ago...and I haven't heard anything about it since then. Not a peep. Is that still happening?
clifflandmark

#23 Post by clifflandmark » 03 Jul 2022 10:01

This is ATS' year. Montana is summer, TX is Xmas. It seems 1.47 is the update that brings TX.

Considering the time Jakub's small team work to release Northern California, Bay Area can take longer than 1.5 year.Just an optimistic assumption is that they can send some worker to Jakub after TX released.I don't see 1.46 brings something related to CA.

Truck school is mentioned by Pavel.He has something in his mind earlier, maybe SCS wanted to work with PACCAR or Daimler or other groups to release a realistic and technical truck school stuff that will teach real driver candidates in simulation systems.

Pavel is $man. This kind of work could bring $. I like this project if it comes because we could receive better content both in ATS and ETS if SCS earns more money.
Polarlicht

#24 Post by Polarlicht » 03 Jul 2022 10:08

Texmas :lol:
flight50

#25 Post by flight50 » 03 Jul 2022 11:52

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Swift collaboration for the driving school. But yeah, Texmas, lol. The xmas stream is always the highlight as it takes us into the following year and recaps the current. Several news flashes on upcoming plans. We are nearly half way to the end of the year. The SCS push to year's end.
Sara

#26 Post by Sara » 03 Jul 2022 12:16

I'm sort of wanting for DX12 and an AI Traffic Update, but I don't think this will come in 1.46 :(

Hmmm... I can't speculate for some reason on what is coming in 1.46.
rookie31st

#27 Post by rookie31st » 03 Jul 2022 17:56

Onagerlinn wrote: 03 Jul 2022 07:51 @clifflandmark I've always been curious about the trucking school feature. It was first brought up quite a while ago...and I haven't heard anything about it since then. Not a peep. Is that still happening?
So many things have been brought up so long ago and still didn't happen. SCS Software is extremely slow on implementing gameplay features, even slower than on map and truck/trailer releases. I doubt trucking school will come any time soon. If they were working on it, we would already see some screenshots. Since we don't see anything, it's probably not going to be released within the next 1-2 years, if ever. Trucking school is useful mostly for bringing new players with no truck driving experience, and serious players interested in learning and not just racing for fun. It's an extremely small part of the consumer population. SCS Software would get more return on developing features for the current player base. Like rain sensors and other stuff for relaxed care-free driving
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 03 Jul 2022 19:03

We don't see screen shots because its not ready. But we don't have to see screenshots just to see that its w.i.p. Last xmas was that teaser just like every xmas stream is a teaser for something. When things are ready, they'll come. People said the same about MP. It got teased and happened faster than people expected. Many thought it would never come. I wouldn't count the devs out for anything that they have teased or mentioned already on a stream. Some things come to fruition faster than others though.
Optional Features

#29 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 22:00

rookie31st wrote: 03 Jul 2022 17:56 So many things have been brought up so long ago and still didn't happen. SCS Software is extremely slow on implementing gameplay features, even slower than on map and truck/trailer releases. I doubt trucking school will come any time soon. If they were working on it, we would already see some screenshots. Since we don't see anything, it's probably not going to be released within the next 1-2 years, if ever. Trucking school is useful mostly for bringing new players with no truck driving experience, and serious players interested in learning and not just racing for fun. It's an extremely small part of the consumer population. SCS Software would get more return on developing features for the current player base. Like rain sensors and other stuff for relaxed care-free driving
The problem with trucking school would be realism. Unless it was a new game mode with a new physics system and even new roads, players won't be learning much other than maybe incredibly basic backing maneuvers.

As for a Swift partnership with the trucking school, that would be hilarious as it seems like that's where some of their drivers trained.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
clifflandmark

#30 Post by clifflandmark » 03 Jul 2022 22:16

seriousmods wrote: 03 Jul 2022 22:00
As for a Swift partnership with the trucking school, that would be hilarious as it seems like that's where some of their drivers trained.
omg :lol:

It's a dilemma whether truck school is required to improve realism or an improved realism infrastructure is required before truck school. Either way -as seriousmods says- a truck school without improved realism - at least a better driving experience than what we have now is not provided - would be pointless. We're already driving supermarket trolleys on perfect tiles in ATS.It should change before truck school feature.

Return to “General discussion about the game”