[WIP][REL] Paris suburbs 1:1 Map (Île-de-France)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Georges93

[WIP][REL] Paris suburbs 1:1 Map (Île-de-France)

#1 Post by Georges93 » 02 Jul 2022 17:07

ÎLE-DE-FRANCE MAP by Georges93 :

[ external image ]

PRESENTATION

Hello everyone !
I created this post to present my first map and project inspired by the Île-de-France region, located in France wich includes parts of the city of Paris. The size of the map is approximately 1:1 but some parts may not look like the real thing and have been subject to changes. This is a standalone map wich means, the map is not compatible with the default Europe map and Promods.

LAST UPDATE : V0.1.0a for ETS 2 1.49

> Addition of the City of Chessy including Disneyland Paris (2 delivery zones) and its emergency center (1 delivery zone)
> Reconstruction of the ring road of Paris and its interchanges, from Porte de Montreuil to Porte de Bercy
> Added a small section of the Town of Bussy-Saint-Georges (including 2 deliverable companies as well as a repair shop and a Mercedes-Benz dealership
> Added a new deliverable company in Rosny-sous-Bois (Lidl)
> Addition of metro stops in Paris
> Addition of 2 temporary truck purchasing zones (Scania & Volvo) while a dealer of these brands is added to the map
> Added custom trailer skins (by Rayen, Lumia and Yellow)
> Integration of new AI (by Rayen)
> Fixed the spawn of the correct tram trains depending on the line
> Changed the textures of the police pedestrians in the base game to represent the French National Police and the Gendarmerie (by Rayen)
> Added custom electronic destination sign for buses for lines available on the map. (Compatible with Solaris Urbino)
> Use "N" to use the bus gong horn sound (for bus mods)
> Adjusted the map economy
> Adjusted the traffic density of the map (Use the `g_traffic` command to adjust: `0.5` for the base traffic before this update, `1` for the recommended traffic, `3` for heavy traffic (maximum recommended))
> Fixed Krone and modded trailers not being able to take cargo
> Bugs fixes

KNOWN BUGS

- Somes errors can be found in the console. (due to some imperfections in mapping and custom objects)
- Some areas cannot be discovered on the UI Map.
- Some speeds limits doesn't work.

LINKS AND INSTALLATION GUIDE

STEP 1: You must have the following DLCs : Scandinavia, Vive la France, Going East, Italia, Beyond the Balistic Sea, Road to the Black Sea, Iberia and West Balkans
STEP 2: Go to Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and open the config.cfg file
STEP 3: Find the line where "uset r_buffer_page_size" is located
STEP 4: Change the value of "uset r_buffer_page_size" from "10" to "30"
STEP 5: Save and close the file

STEP 6: Download the mod here or use the mirror link
STEP 7: Place the "paris_suburbs_map_v0.0.8_1.48.x" file in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod
STEP 8: Launch the game and create a new profile
STEP 9: Add the mod to the top of your list of enabled mods and save
STEP 10: Select the idf.mbd map module on the profile creation tab
STEP 11: Create the profile and play !

CREDITS

Map by Georges93
Custom traffic by Rayen
Custom trailer skins by Yellow

OTHERS

Île-de-France 1:1 Map Connector for Paris 1:1 (NOT UPDATED)
Rungis extension for Europe map (NOT UPDATED)

If you encounter any bugs or if you want more information about the development, feel free to join the discord !
[ external image ] https://discord.gg/gygZa4hBZP

Last edited by Georges93 on 10 Mar 2024 20:23, edited 28 times in total.
Georges93

[WIP] Île-de-France 1:1 Map Connector for Paris 1:1

#2 Post by Georges93 » 04 Jul 2022 22:44

Map Connector for Paris 1:1

Description
This mod allows you to combine the Île-de-France (Paris suburbs) map with the Paris 1:1 map from fisherm to allow longer rides in the Île-de-France region. Bugs may be present, please report them to us on the Discord!

UI Map
[ external image ]

Credits
Paris 1:1 map : fisherm (viewtopic.php?t=308325)
Île-de-France map : Georges93
Connector : Georges93

Download link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ltw6xqr1kh6d8f2

Installation
It's highly recommended to create a new profile to play and select "ParisV2.mbd" or "idf.mbd" for the map module, but you can play with an existing profile regardless of the 2 maps that are installed on your profile.
Make sure you have disabled the Île-de-France (Paris suburbs) and Paris 1:1 maps and only enable the connector mod. The part of the Paris 1:1 map requires some modification of the game configuration files to avoid crashes, please open the Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder, open the "config.cfg" file with Notepad, find the line “uset r_buffer_page_size”, change the existing value to 30 and save the file.
Last edited by Georges93 on 10 Nov 2023 09:02, edited 10 times in total.
Geno

Re: [WIP] Île-de-France Map (Paris suburbs)

#3 Post by Geno » 05 Jul 2022 02:56

looks pretty good nice work
Mapper - The Great Mid-North Expansion /SFIGC

My discord https://discord.gg/TTKjVX8zMn
Thao_L

#4 Post by Thao_L » 12 Jul 2022 10:00

Nice !!!!
When do you thing we can download it ?
ASV map

#5 Post by ASV map » 15 Jul 2022 17:09

Hi, I see you use only the scs sign templates, I make a French imaginary map and I have some French sign templates If you want, PM me if you want
Georges93

#6 Post by Georges93 » 16 Jul 2022 18:47

The map has been released for public testing but there will be bugs and will be fixed in the future!

To answer ASV map, for the moment I use the SCS templates but in the future I will do them myself, I prefer to do them myself to learn how to do them
befsztyk

Re: [REL][WIP] Île-de-France Map (Paris suburbs)

#7 Post by befsztyk » 17 Jul 2022 10:21

Looks really good. Keep updating the project.
Georges93

#8 Post by Georges93 » 17 Jul 2022 14:57

Thanks for the support and downloading my map ! I'm having fun building this map and I can't wait to continue to upgrade it !
I published an update for fixing invisible walls on some of the exits of highways.
christo9567

#9 Post by christo9567 » 17 Jul 2022 19:58

how do we select the map module please? because I can't find the option
Georges93

#10 Post by Georges93 » 18 Jul 2022 00:27

christo9567 wrote: 17 Jul 2022 19:58 how do we select the map module please? because I can't find the option
The map module option is located when we create a new profile, the mod must be activated first then in the map module, we can select the idf.mbd map.

Return to “Maps”