Add company-branded containers delivered by freight train to container carriers

ASDF

Add company-branded containers delivered by freight train to container carriers

#1 Post by ASDF » 02 Jul 2022 18:32

Although the container carriers are added for us, the containers we transport are almost all solid colors and not with company branding, I would like the company branded containers on the freight train to appear on the container carriers like walbert etc.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Tails

Re: Add company-branded containers delivered by freight train to container carriers

#3 Post by Tails » 02 Jul 2022 20:20

That would be a nice idea.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
rookie31st

Re: Add company-branded containers delivered by freight train to container carriers

#4 Post by rookie31st » 03 Jul 2022 17:39

Could you imagine if container ships and port yard were animated to reflect the number of containers loaded/stored?

We could see a cargo ship arriving fully loaded, then it would have number of containers on board reduced as players take them away, and finally it's empty and needs to be loaded back, with containers that players bring in, and finally it is full again and leaves the port.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 22:06

rookie31st wrote: 03 Jul 2022 17:39 Could you imagine if container ships and port yard were animated to reflect the number of containers loaded/stored?

We could see a cargo ship arriving fully loaded, then it would have number of containers on board reduced as players take them away, and finally it's empty and needs to be loaded back, with containers that players bring in, and finally it is full again and leaves the port.
I would absolutely love that!

It would give the player a visible connection to their work, and suggest that the player, any convoy friends, and AI trucks were part of a big economy of which the player was only a small part.

Toss in some cargo unloading animations as well and a few pedestrians with the AI trucks, and the ports would feel accurately busy.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 11 Jul 2022 18:01

I mentioned this before but not a lot of interest. With the 2d artist we have, I have no doubt SCS could implement better than what we have. SCS is putting some focus on ports, inland ports and intermodal train yards. I don't see why we can't get some SCS parodies going.

Something I put together before this thread was put together:

Considering both games get skin packs from time to time, it would be great to use someone's artistic abilities that do work with trailers. This idea can be paid or core content. I think paid would be ideal to help support the games. The idea? SCS parody container trailers. The current selection is pretty bland for the default containers. Since we now have owned container chassis, a skin pack would bring more attention to these type of trailers. There are tons of companies out there so more variety would also be great in ATS/ETS2. The best part is that ISO containers are global so they can be used in both ATS and ETS2. So what ever you make, they can be used for both games. We could buy the pack for one game or the other or get a bundle price to get the skins for both games.

I think such a dlc will add variety and more color to the game. Considering soooo many possible creative options can be made, this could be an easy dlc for SCS to make money from. Even a skin with graffiti would be nice, lol. I'd like to see SCS gain as much income as possible. It would be nice to get more dlc's other than maps for sure. SCS gets more money and we get more content. The below are a few real life companies but is a mod for the game. We all know, not everyone plays with mods. There will be some people that say "why would I pay for something that is free". This is true but like mentioned, not everyone plays with mods. Mods break and can be discontinued. So something from SCS would be more ideal to a lot more people. Buy the dlc and we get the skins in AI traffic and hopefully even on some prefabs like ports and rail yards. In traffic and on prefabs is another bonus to buying the dlc. If people don't want to buy it, their choice but they can't complain on lack of variety if they don't buy a pack like this. I don't hear anyone talk about container skins (until now) but this would be a nice surprise for those that want more variety.

If an SCS version is possible, it would be cool to see 15-20 skins for containers.

40ft trailers / 12 meters

[ external image ]

20ft trailers / 6 meters

[ external image ]

(2) 20ft trailers / 6 meters. I'm not sure if the US has doubles like this but I could be wrong.

[ external image ]

The link to the mod is here on the forum....for reference if you were curious. viewtopic.php?t=288203.
ASDF

#7 Post by ASDF » 28 Jul 2022 18:52

flight50 wrote: 11 Jul 2022 18:01 I mentioned this before but not a lot of interest. With the 2d artist we have, I have no doubt SCS could implement better than what we have. SCS is putting some focus on ports, inland ports and intermodal train yards. I don't see why we can't get some SCS parodies going.

Something I put together before this thread was put together:

Considering both games get skin packs from time to time, it would be great to use someone's artistic abilities that do work with trailers. This idea can be paid or core content. I think paid would be ideal to help support the games. The idea? SCS parody container trailers. The current selection is pretty bland for the default containers. Since we now have owned container chassis, a skin pack would bring more attention to these type of trailers. There are tons of companies out there so more variety would also be great in ATS/ETS2. The best part is that ISO containers are global so they can be used in both ATS and ETS2. So what ever you make, they can be used for both games. We could buy the pack for one game or the other or get a bundle price to get the skins for both games.

I think such a dlc will add variety and more color to the game. Considering soooo many possible creative options can be made, this could be an easy dlc for SCS to make money from. Even a skin with graffiti would be nice, lol. I'd like to see SCS gain as much income as possible. It would be nice to get more dlc's other than maps for sure. SCS gets more money and we get more content. The below are a few real life companies but is a mod for the game. We all know, not everyone plays with mods. There will be some people that say "why would I pay for something that is free". This is true but like mentioned, not everyone plays with mods. Mods break and can be discontinued. So something from SCS would be more ideal to a lot more people. Buy the dlc and we get the skins in AI traffic and hopefully even on some prefabs like ports and rail yards. In traffic and on prefabs is another bonus to buying the dlc. If people don't want to buy it, their choice but they can't complain on lack of variety if they don't buy a pack like this. I don't hear anyone talk about container skins (until now) but this would be a nice surprise for those that want more variety.

If an SCS version is possible, it would be cool to see 15-20 skins for containers.

40ft trailers / 12 meters

[ external image ]

20ft trailers / 6 meters

[ external image ]

(2) 20ft trailers / 6 meters. I'm not sure if the US has doubles like this but I could be wrong.

[ external image ]

The link to the mod is here on the forum....for reference if you were curious. viewtopic.php?t=288203.
I have observed on the trailer browser of American Truck Simulator. Except for the B-type double-hang, the Rocky Mountains double-hang, and the highway double-hang, which can transport 2 containers at one time, ordinary trailers can only transport 1 container. is completely different.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”