ETS2 1.46 Speculation Thread

Some newbie driver

Re: ETS2 1.46 Speculation Thread

#221 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Sep 2022 20:00

Aziz wrote: 22 Sep 2022 15:03But I guess you still don't see my point, as usual.
We both 55sixxx and I answered your point telling exactly what and I even put a clear example. That has been the way SCS did things for a loooong time; you should be used to it already. And now, who's that doesn't understand messages of who?
Aziz

#222 Post by Aziz » 22 Sep 2022 20:52

Yes, you answered by presenting a big gamechanging feature as an example and that's exactly the opposite of what I'm talking about.
Some newbie driver

#223 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Sep 2022 23:51

Oh, we know very well what you are talking about. Your words:
Aziz wrote: 22 Sep 2022 15:03Obviously a big one comes later. I'm talking about "a" feature, something, anything to get all players interested, not just some.
And that's plain gibberish. Small changes are always optional things that by pure definition lots of players will NOT be interested. So, anything that could maybe interest to all players (in your own words) has to be something that will have an impact on everybody's (or almost) game play. And that's, by pure definition, the big changes they don't announce unless necessary. And no, please you doesn't made it necessary.

So, put your ideas in order before say to other people that don't understand you. Because I understand you, very well. I understand, because it's crystal clear, that your eager to complain about something makes your hands type faster than your brain can process what you are writing.
Adriatic Sea Team

#224 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 23 Sep 2022 07:28

Too many expectations make big disappointment, the less you expect less you get disappointed. The only thing that we can do is make a complaint and I'm supporting it because SCS knows what the community wants but the community's wishes are not on their priority list, it takes time for them to finish things that are a priority for them, and then after that is done, they might consider of implementing our wishes. We might like it or not, but this is a reality and it will not be changed.

Currently, they have two major things happening, IAA and Cruising Montana Event. Both events are ending this Sunday, 25th. After those two are done, the first two blogs will be dedicated to the event conclusion, after that, Open Beta 1.46 for both ETS and ATS. Blogs for WB and TX are most likely for the second week of October. And slowly getting into October, we will start seeing something special, they might tease us across social media or will simply announce the stream. One thing is sure, getting closer to the end of the year we will see more and more stuff, that's for sure.
Aziz

#225 Post by Aziz » 23 Sep 2022 09:45

Some newbie driver wrote: 22 Sep 2022 23:51 Oh, we know very well what you are talking about. Your words:
Aziz wrote: 22 Sep 2022 15:03Obviously a big one comes later. I'm talking about "a" feature, something, anything to get all players interested, not just some.
And that's plain gibberish. Small changes are always optional things that by pure definition lots of players will NOT be interested. So, anything that could maybe interest to all players (in your own words) has to be something that will have an impact on everybody's (or almost) game play. And that's, by pure definition, the big changes they don't announce unless necessary. And no, please you doesn't made it necessary.

So, put your ideas in order before say to other people that don't understand you. Because I understand you, very well. I understand, because it's crystal clear, that your eager to complain about something makes your hands type faster than your brain can process what you are writing.
Alright, I'm gonna give you an example (I should've done that earlier but whatever)
A blog post: 1.46 update - Germany regional signage
If there is such thing in that country of course. You bet more readers would say "cool" "nice addition" etc than did for Iberia where even more people can shrug it off because it doesn't change anything in their game.
Some newbie driver

#226 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Sep 2022 10:26

You call that an example, I call it a bad joke.

You were complaining you found nothing that can be interesting for most if not all players and your example is regional signaling? Something most players don't care at all? That every player has the base map (of course) doesn't meant that a change in there is interesting or enticing for every player, not even the majority of them. People that care about those details will salute them even if they wouldn't had that specific DLC, because it would mean SCS is taking serious those details and eventually could reach other places.

But what makes that example ridiculous, is that by virtue of that flawed logic, SCS should consider to absolutely prioritize only changes in base map. After all, if they have to make changes hat entice most players if not all, there's the only place where this could be achieved.A bit hypocritical when you had been asking for changes in the DLC you like since it was launched years ago.

You know, the fact that you would prefer changes in the DLCs you own and are interested into isn't bad. The fact that you complain you found nothing new (so far) that interest you isn't bad (beyond the fact that is silly to complain about something we have not all info about). Up to some point, is the most logic and natural thing. Your problem, hence those discussions, is that you despise the work of SCS whenever their releases didn't suit your interests.

If you want a game developer to fulfill your desires, it's easy: either fund your own company to do your own games either bought the company that develops the ones you want to play. How deep are your pockets? Not so much? Then take what they give, ignore what you would not be interested, wait to see if something arrives that entices you or leave if you are tired of waiting for so long. That's all. SCS doesn't exist to bow on your desires, not mines not those of any other player. The sooner you accept it, the better.

Regards
sirvito

#227 Post by sirvito » 23 Sep 2022 13:34

Disclaimer: I don't take side with anyone in this discussion. Just sharing my view.

There's something about SCS games in general that keeps this kind of discussions alive. There are games where almost every update leaves me with a feeling "wow, I didn't know this could be better!". For me personally, here it is often "oh, I didn't know this was ever requested...". There's always this insatiable desire for particular gameplay aspects. The blessing of a huge playerbase is also a curse - people treat this game differently and we collectively have many expectations. We want everything, but we get nothing... or just a small portion of it.

However, I have no expectations, I bought this game as it is and that's what enjoy. If it ever becomes better, I'd just take it and maybe buy another DLC as a way to further support this endeavor. Caring less is the way to go. Besides, there's a life to live. :P

Criticism is good and needed, even in a form of complaining. But remember we're talking about a game - it is not you, don't ever take anything personally. I'm glad you keep it sane here but this is my favorite one from the city intros blog post:

[ external image ]

Maybe there's an issue with marketing? Should a feature like a few camera animations played possibly once for every player be announced as experimental and receive a dedicated blog post? Well... at least people can give feedback solely on that.
55sixxx

#228 Post by 55sixxx » 23 Sep 2022 14:11

The players who are always unsatisfied with the game, should, for the sake of remembering how much more limited the games were, go back to the earliest versions of ETS2 and see how it really was. Back then, there was no liftable axles, no adjustable air ride, no doubles/triples/HCT's, no openable windows, no realistic lighting, no trailer ownership, no cargo market, no advanced trailer coupling, no anything... It was basically taking loads on quick jobs, earn enough money for your own truck and keep doing the same thing as before but with your own vehicle.

That was a limited game. The biggest issue with this community nowadays is that they take everything and I mean EVERYTHING for granted and won't realize how good things are until it's taken away or done away with it.

Sometimes I do wish I could go back to the very early days of ETS2 and stay there for a while, those were the true good ol' days... Where we did nothing but play the game as it was and on top of that, have fun and enjoy it.

Also, players who never touched any game of SCS prior to ETS2 don't earn the right to complain as much as they do currently... Criticize a little bit when needed? Yes, but always throw poorly based critics everywhere, not.
sirvito

#229 Post by sirvito » 23 Sep 2022 14:27

This is a good point as well. Some time ago I decided to take a look at the entire game changelog and see how the development had been since 2012. It's interesting how many of some 'take for granted' features are actually quite recent additions (past 2-3 years).
Addicted

#230 Post by Addicted » 23 Sep 2022 19:11

guys relax and just wait for the 10th yrs anniversary paintjob dlc, maybe the new man, and the light/rain sensor the rest is mistery

Return to “General discussion about the game”