[Solved] Internet Radio and CB Issues (VR)

Beardwing

[Solved] Internet Radio and CB Issues (VR)

#1 Post by Beardwing » 10 Jul 2022 16:58

Good morning/afternoon/evening, y'all. I figure I'd submit this here before sending in formal bug reports as I'm new to the game and figure it's likely a simple fix I'm overlooking. That and I play exclusively in VR so issues are expected with that feature still being in alpha.

Vanilla ATS with no mods, specs in signature, graphics mostly set to medium.

1) Attempting to access the internet radio through the main menu immediately results in a game crash.
PasteBin of Crash Log
YouTube of Crash
(Apologies the video was longer than necessary, I had a brain dump and completely forgot how to access radio options for a minute there)

2) Attempting to hold down 'X' to communicate via CB results in immediate lag and stuttering while the key is held down and for a few seconds after its released. No audible or on-screen cues indicating the CB is activated, either. No issues pressing the key in single player with the CB only being a convoy feature.

No pastebin as I couldn't find any timestamp reference to the issue and the game doesn't crash. It goes back to running as good as ever a few seconds after I release the key. I can record a video if needed.

I appreciate y'all and have a great day.
Last edited by Beardwing on 19 Aug 2022 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Alcohaulin' LLC - Phoenix, AZ
Specs: Lenovo Legion w/ Win 11 Pro 64-bit, i9-13900KF (32 CPUs), RTX 4080 16GB, 32GB RAM & Oculus Quest 2 via Air Link
Beardwing

Re: Internet Radio and CB Issues (VR)

#2 Post by Beardwing » 11 Jul 2022 13:39

Just tried it in flat screen and instead of just the usual stutter and lag it crashes. So I'm definitely dealing with a driver issue on my side, problem is this is a brand new system and every driver is up to date.
Specs: Lenovo Legion w/ Win 11 Pro 64-bit, i9-13900KF (32 CPUs), RTX 4080 16GB, 32GB RAM & Oculus Quest 2 via Air Link
Beardwing

Re: [Solved] Internet Radio and CB Issues (VR)

#3 Post by Beardwing » 19 Aug 2022 13:47

Sorry for the bump, just wanted to give a final update in case someone with the same issue stumbles across this in search.

OBS is causing the above issues, its overriding actual windows settings thats causing some kind of audio conflict with ATS. The workaround (besides removing OBS) is to open it, unmute the mic under Audio Mixer and just minimize it. This will fix both the Internet Radio crash as well as the Convoy CB lag, at least in my case.

Return to “Help center - player to player”