Choosing a home base

Calibuddy99

Re: Choosing a home base

#21 Post by Calibuddy99 » 02 Aug 2022 06:02

Oh my god, why is everyone scared of me? Everyone disappears when I make a reply to a post!
Nothing to say here anymore.
harishw8r

#22 Post by harishw8r » 02 Aug 2022 06:05

I guess that’s how hide and seek works 👀
Wakou22

#23 Post by Wakou22 » 02 Aug 2022 07:09

LegoTechnicFanBoi wrote: 27 Jul 2022 09:50 Boise was my first main garage in my current ATS profile
The only thing I know of Boise, Idaho is the mention in the song....
https://www.latinquartermusic.com/song/modern-times/

[ external image ]
Onagerlinn

#24 Post by Onagerlinn » 02 Aug 2022 08:26

My home base is my IRL hometown, Phoenix. Can't wait for the day the rebuild team makes it there, I'd love to see what they do.

In-game, Phoenix offers tons of route options, particularly if you have any kind of box trailer (10+ pages worth of loads!). Plus, the garage is fairly close to several depots and a Kenworth dealer. However, being a base map city, Phoenix lacks the newer companies in the game.

If I was to choose a city strictly based on location and not personal sentiment, I'd go with Salt Lake due to its centralized location on the map, a decent selection of routes going in all directions, and if Salt Lake doesn't have what you're looking for, Ogden and Provo are nearby to offer additional route options.
J. Ritter

#25 Post by J. Ritter » 02 Aug 2022 13:02

My main (J. Ritter Transport) profile is based out of Flagstaff.

I got the game right before the New Mexico DLC. I knew Arizona was more "proper" at the time compared to NV and CA. I wanted to buy a Peterbilt as soon as I had the money to do so, so I picked Flagstaff, which had a Peterbilt dealer before International was in the game. Since JRT is a roleplay profile, I never moved my HQ though I did pick up garages throughout the map through the years.
Jarrad

#26 Post by Jarrad » 03 Aug 2022 11:47

For me at the moment, its usually wherever the 'cheat' profile I downloaded is based..... at the moment IIRC the Global HQ is in Albuquerque
xyzan

#27 Post by xyzan » 03 Aug 2022 12:01

You can actually now change the base location.
I'm not from US, so nothing is home to me... I've started with Bakersfield when ATS launched. Stayed there for a very long time. Wenatche was my next home base for very long time. I love the area. However, it became at the edge of the map. And driving anywhere from there took long time. Now, I've moved to Salt Lake - but because of it's location - central map, close to all releases that were made recently (Colorado, Wyoming). But, I do not like SLC much. I hope for some nice place in Montana, maybe I will make a base there... It will be however long way to Texas from there ;)
Nothing feels real home in US for me.
BK Vissers

#28 Post by BK Vissers » 03 Aug 2022 13:47

My main (and first) profile started in San Francisco. At the time there was California, Nevada and Arizona after the rescale and I wanted to start in a place I’d visited, plus of the cities available at the time it was the most interesting and scenic. My garage is still there, I have no others in that profile.

For new profiles, I usually try to pick a city that I both like visually, but also ones that have local businesses to shop to/from, and most importantly, that have good connections to multiple highways so that I don’t have to drive up and down the same road constantly.
Underscore_101_

#29 Post by Underscore_101_ » 03 Aug 2022 14:18

In ATS, it was probably San Francisco, don't really remember why, probably because of the base game it's the best known city, other than LA, but there were only 2 states when I bought the game, I remember my first drive with probably the Kenworth W900, not 100% sure, but that's how i recall it, driving up the SF bay bridge and having difficulty driving with a large conventional, still played with mouse and keyboard back then.

In ETS2 for a long time i always chose Rotterdam, because i consider that my hometown, though i wasn't born there i've lived there most of my life and i love the city, but nowadays when i start a new profile i switch between countries and dlc, since i create new profiles quite often it's nice to change every now and then and not just see the same area for a while.
KrysEmlyn

#30 Post by KrysEmlyn » 03 Aug 2022 15:52

I started with San Francisco when the game first came out because it was somewhere familiar from my time spent with the 18 Wheels of Steel series.
After the Washington State DLC came out, I restarted my profile and set Seattle as my HQ as I am originally from Washington State.
I would have picked Everett, personally, but there is no garage in that city.

Return to “General discussion about the game”