Choosing a home base

Izmaragon

Re: Choosing a home base

#31 Post by Izmaragon » 05 Aug 2022 02:50

Well, Main profile started in.... cant quite recall, but most of the earlier years, it was Elko, NV...

Now with MT out, its Gillette WY... Why? commercial mantra stuck in my head after15+ years, even with not having watched tv for at least 5 years...

Maybe if they put a garage in Glasgow.... I'll move it there... Was hoping either t here or Sidney would have a garage, but apparently someone went all population criteria and yeah, not happy that one garage didnt make it to the final map.

It tends to be random for my hq criteria... I had a profile that had a tiny hq... Keeping it tiny is a problem though...
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
BJWyler

#32 Post by BJWyler » 07 Aug 2022 21:25

I picked my starters to be the most central location possible in the state. I went with Arizona when I started playing because it's one of the states I would like to live in. Flagstaff was the most central.
AgMech

#33 Post by AgMech » 14 Aug 2022 04:28

Before the Montana DLC, I would usually start a new game in Salt Lake City. Enough local businesses nearby to pick up loads, and many towns nearby to deliver and pick up return loads. Works well for short runs. Another start had me out of Kennewick Washington. Only problem with that town was lack of a repair garage. But IRL, I know my way around WA and OR pretty decent, so am driving on familiar roads. Now with the Montana DLC out, my bias is toward my own backyard, IRL . Helena is about the closest town to me, and most towns in the DLC are reachable in a day's drive in the game. And more than half the towns in the Montana DLC , I have driven through for real over the last 30 years. So easy to navigate . Return loads back to home base are not that reliable though. Other towns I have considered include Denver, Albuquerque/ Santa Fe , Salem , Seattle, and Sacramento .
[ external image ]
Nothing better than riding a fine horse, through new country

Return to “General discussion about the game”