1%
Tire Deformation / Physics
5%

Total votes: 1087

JninFS

Re: The most wanted features for ATS - A research

#131 Post by JninFS » 05 Aug 2022 16:34

JeeF wrote: 05 Aug 2022 08:03
flight50 wrote: 05 Aug 2022 02:07 the polls speak loudly.
From a philosophical point of view, seasons and multidrop don't change the core gameplay. It is still just driving.
You did vote for damage though, which is a visual upgrade, not a functional one. Also I fail to see how walk mode in itself really brings anything interesting to the table. You don't need the ability to walk around to connect cables to a trailer or refuel the truck. Advanced Flight Simulator aircraft from A2A and some other companies have allowed you to do "walk arounds" for years. But instead of needing to actually walk around you instead pull up menus or go to a set camera positions to do the tasks needed. I see no reason why something similar couldn't be done for truck sims.

Seasons on the other hand when I think of seasons the very first thing I think of is winter ice physics, which absolutely changes things at least to the same degree as tire physics. I'm inclined to think that when most people talk seasons they're really thinking about winter for that reason, that's certainly the conclusion Microsoft came to with MSFS and seasons, and I don't think it's a wrong assumption.
Underscore_101_

#132 Post by Underscore_101_ » 05 Aug 2022 17:19

People will complain about seasons, though i love seasons to be added, where i live fall is from September through March, going into April, winter has not been an issue the past couple of years, yes we did get a couple of days with snow, but nothing earth shattering, still the government managed to declare code red, and i was like, but 40 years ago,... i still had to go to school.

So imho if SCS wants to add seasons/snowy and icy roads, do that in Scandinavia, but not everywhere.
And yes it sometimes snows where you don't expect it, but to have seasons for that,... I think not.
There's more to seasons than just foliage.
Optional Features

#133 Post by Optional Features » 05 Aug 2022 20:30

JninFS wrote: 05 Aug 2022 16:34 You did vote for damage though, which is a visual upgrade, not a functional one. Also I fail to see how walk mode in itself really brings anything interesting to the table. You don't need the ability to walk around to connect cables to a trailer or refuel the truck. Advanced Flight Simulator aircraft from A2A and some other companies have allowed you to do "walk arounds" for years. But instead of needing to actually walk around you instead pull up menus or go to a set camera positions to do the tasks needed. I see no reason why something similar couldn't be done for truck sims.
For me, walking is just an alternative way to look around. I don't want to use the third person camera ever if possible. I want to drive in first person, get out and look for backing in first person, interact with the truck and trailer (like opening a door or sliding a tarp) in first person, etc.

Makes me feel like a person in game instead of a vehicle.
JninFS

#134 Post by JninFS » 05 Aug 2022 21:27

seriousmods wrote: 05 Aug 2022 20:30
JninFS wrote: 05 Aug 2022 16:34 You did vote for damage though, which is a visual upgrade, not a functional one. Also I fail to see how walk mode in itself really brings anything interesting to the table. You don't need the ability to walk around to connect cables to a trailer or refuel the truck. Advanced Flight Simulator aircraft from A2A and some other companies have allowed you to do "walk arounds" for years. But instead of needing to actually walk around you instead pull up menus or go to a set camera positions to do the tasks needed. I see no reason why something similar couldn't be done for truck sims.
For me, walking is just an alternative way to look around. I don't want to use the third person camera ever if possible. I want to drive in first person, get out and look for backing in first person, interact with the truck and trailer (like opening a door or sliding a tarp) in first person, etc.

Makes me feel like a person in game instead of a vehicle.
And that's fine, but a alternative way to look around I'd hardly consider a big leap forward though compared to many of the other options on the list.
JeeF

#135 Post by JeeF » 05 Aug 2022 22:41

ok, my opinion of ATS just hit new lows...
I was recommended a video on youtube just now of a guy playing Montana
First thought was "WOW this look horrible, my youtube must have reset to 480p again" (it does that sometimes)
So I clicked on the settings and it said 1080p 60fps
huh...

I haven't played in a while (probably 6 months+) and during this time I was playing a lot of other games. Games of all sorts.
Games that let you walk to a car, pop the hood open, remove the radiator, throw the radiator against the window to break it, put the leaky broken rad back into the car.
Then drive the car for a couple of minutes and have the engine overheat and smoke from lack of cooling, eventually grinding to a halt.
A car repair game, you might be thinking? No. It's a zombie game. A zombie game has more focus on realism and interaction than ATS. This is backwards.
So watching that video after so long away from the game... it's hard to believe how bad it actually is. It wasn't how I remembered it.

The guy was trying to reverse a double, but failing because of the double jointed dollies.
I was asking myself "Why isn't he locking the pivots?"
Then I realized ATS doesn't even have this option. I got it mixed up with Snowrunner, which has it.

So... this is it for me.
No longer care about what SCS does or doesn't. Spent far too much time and energy caring and trying to positively impact the game development.
It's not worth it, they have never move a finger to make us feel like they care for feedback.
Besides, I think this game at this late date is far too bad to be fixable.
For those who are staying, I hope I'm wrong, I hope polls like this end up having a positive impact, hope for things to change.
Even if they do, I don't think I'll be coming back. It's a beautiful world out there.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
flight50

#136 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 23:02

So you went thru all that trouble of creating this poll with nice details and explanations, getting a lot of replies and responses like you wanted, then you watched a video and now you say no matter what, you're not coming back? If you didn't care, why make the poll. You haven't played in 6 months. You have moved on.
Optional Features

#137 Post by Optional Features » 05 Aug 2022 23:40

JninFS wrote: 05 Aug 2022 21:27 And that's fine, but a alternative way to look around I'd hardly consider a big leap forward though compared to many of the other options on the list.
Almost the opposite: I see it as a low hanging fruit. It's not a massive feature at all, definitely not by itself.
Travismods

#138 Post by Travismods » 07 Aug 2022 21:00

@JeeF I and many others can completely understand your frustration. Life is too short to spend it waiting for things that never come. I am not getting more maps and most players I know aren’t either due to the stagnation of development. Most youtubers I watch stopped streaming the game due to a lack of things to do besides driving. We are now looking at 7 years of ATS without anything substantial added to gameplay. Where is the immersive truck sim we expected ATS to be by now? Where are the basic sim features? Where are the tough gameplay challenges? These are questions surely many fans of this game are asking themselves, fans that expected more than just a bigger map.

People on this forum are very eager to convince you that SCS listens to players wishes, but one only has to take a look at the track record to get an idea. I think it’s pretty clear that SCS are doing the game SCS and Pavel wants and not the game players want. Otherwise things would have looked quite different now wouldn’t they? Unless something drastic changes and they bring dirt, walk mode, multidrop, seasons and an overhaul to the game engine or any of the many things people have been waiting for since the release of the game I think it’s obvious that SCS are running the show and players will just have to accept it or move on. And it seems more and more are just like Jeef, simply moving on due to the stagnation of the game. I don’t blame them, the more I am playing these days the more I ask myself why am I even doing this. What is the point, if SCS are just going to do their arcade truck scenery game thing anyway? I can’t see many hardcore simmers sticking around when they don’t feel like their feedback even matter at all. Like many already have, if there is nothing to do, people just get bored quickly and leave.

Btw thanks for including this in your initial post. Might be a couple of users on here that could learn a thing or two from it lol :D

[ external image ]
ThunderSky

#139 Post by ThunderSky » 10 Aug 2022 13:58

Multi Drop and VTC on World of Trucks website that can interact with the game it self (something similar to trucksbook, vtc-world, vt.log, etc) are my N°1 and N°2.

I've been driving since 2015, over 7000h on ETS2 and 500 on ATS (but growing fast after looking at the MAP DLC quality ATS has over ETS2). Most of my drive was on TruckersMP, this include being part of a VTC and driving togheter with peoples. I always drove as simulative as possible and I've encountered to many peoples saying "ah comeon, just floor it, just speed it to 150km/h". Since SCS launched SCS Convoy I never came back to TMP because of obvius reasons like rammers.

Unfortunately ETS2 and ATS do not have any simulation intentions as of now. When first creating the profile, all the settings are purely arcade, not even a question like: - Do you prefer to play Arcadely or Simulatively? -
To make the game simulative we need mods, this is (sorry but it is) stupid for a game that has - Simulation - in it's name. Mods should be used to make the game arcade (if you really want) or enhance the simulation even further.

As someone else, I did too though SCS convoy will come with VTC systems but it's still something that can happen and I, as many peoples, will love it.

The only reason I still play this game is because after 7 years (when I first meet 3 of my best friend on ETS2) I still enjoy driving with my friends, having a chat while driving or simply "Hey man, go to X radio, they are broadcasting a nice song".
When I first started the game I got annoyed after a week, Is hard for me to say "Thanks TMP" because of all the trolls, rammers etc, but without it, without playing MP with someone, being part of something, being part of a company, driving togheter with someone, my almost 8000h (both game combined) of play time would have been spent on another game. MP can be stupid for someone but at the same time it can be the only reason someone else ever played this game.

A bit of off topic, we have 10 pages of it so 1 more post wont change anything I guess:
I must say, this topic went as all others, first 5 to 10 post peoples were speaking calmly, writing theyr opinions. Then, obviusly, we had to start the never ending war of 2 to 14 to infinite pages of peoples arguing about 1 single optional feature or stuff like being banned etc. This just became another "General discussion thread", peoples speak about anything but the original post. After 2 pages, I subbed, but after readying more than 5 pages of rage, i unsubbed again :cry:
I'm saying this for one reason: optional stuff like pressing buttons, multiplayer, VTC, Seasons, School Driving, anything can be optional. But that optional stuff might be the only reason a person did played the game for so long, as it is the multiplayer for me.
Don't argue for anything that you don't like, that might be the best thing for someone and the worst for someone else. Just accept it, it's optional and we've seen ETS2 / ATS won't force you to use it as it didn't since 2013.
seriousmods wrote: 23 Jul 2022 08:43 ..it's super easy, barely an inconvenience (props to anyone who gets the reference)..
It's Ryan George, that was super easy, barely an inconvenience <3
Last edited by ThunderSky on 11 Aug 2022 10:00, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”