DLC Map Rebuild and new roads(NM,OR,WA,UT,ID,CO,WY,MT) Discussion Thread

VTXcnME

Re: DLC Map Rebuild(NM,OR,WA,UT,ID,CO,WY) Discussion Thread

#11 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Jul 2022 21:28

@clifflandmark Agreed. For gameplay that's bordering on a decade plus old... there's been precious little movement in game play feature and functionality.

And I agree with @seriousmods. If there were more immersive game play, some of the lack of updated graphics could be overlooked.

I think there are some roads here and there that really need to exist in game that currently don't. But I wouldn't want more resources pulled from future map generation to address past map updates.
Optional Features

#12 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 21:36

Yeah, I go back to this terminal concept. If we had a handful of fairly simple (in theory) features, the terminal would be a place to spend many an hour.

Build trailer sets (or take them apart). Shuffle trailers around. Take multiple loads of cargo in one trailer and deliver to several customers. Etc. If the game supported multiple functional vehicles and simple collisions, we could theoretically load trailers manually with a forklift (with mods of course), and those trailers could be assembled and hauled away in a convoy setting.

Instead, we can just look at all the nice things and then continue to haul our one trailer (or one trailer in three pieces) around.
Calibuddy99

#13 Post by Calibuddy99 » 26 Jul 2022 23:52

@Virtual Trucker 51 I think some of new mexico could get some changes. It is really nice now, but some changes do need to be made. At least make a few reworks of parts of that state.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Sora

Re: DLC Map Rebuild and new roads(NM,OR,WA,UT,ID,CO,WY) Discussion Thread

#14 Post by Sora » 27 Jul 2022 01:25

There's definitely room for modification in New Mexico, and to a lesser extent Oregon. I don't feel like these states need to be razed entirely like some of the earlier ones, but there are definitely a lot of things that could benefit from being added or redone.

I feel like quality begins to plateau a bit after Washington. Not to say that subsequent maps are bad or anything! Just, you know, it took them like five or six states to really figure out how to make America feel like America. Once they managed that, everything else was kinda just icing on the cake.
oldmanclippy

#15 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Jul 2022 15:06

Not taking missing roads into account:

Improved textures:
New Mexico, Oregon

Improved rock formations:
New Mexico, parts of Oregon and Washington

Improved mountain models:
New Mexico, parts of Oregon and Washington, Salt Lake City in Utah

Improved road network details (banking, signage, road width, etc):
New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Utah

Improved grades:
New Mexico, Oregon, parts of Washington, parts of Utah, White Bird Hill in Idaho

That's all they need to do really for DLC reworks. Nothing transformative, just a lot of little details here and there to freshen things up. New Mexico is still a great map. Just needs the finishing touches to bring it up to Idaho to present standards.

Direct comparisons from Wyoming to previous maps, I would say that New Mexico and Oregon is a noticeable difference, Washington is noticeable but less so, Utah is noticeable only in parts, and Idaho and Colorado are only noticeable in terms of little details here and there. The ATS map with regards to the DLC states is mostly a smooth gradient in quality (with the future New Mexico to Texas border being an exception) so it's hard to notice the quality difference if you're not looking too hard.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Onagerlinn

#16 Post by Onagerlinn » 27 Jul 2022 20:36

@oldmanclippy I tend to agree with your rundown. I believe I've said before, New Mexico really, really holds up well; there's a few outdated textures and a handful of additions I'd love to see, but quality-wise, I might put it closer to Colorado than the original base map.
KnuteOle

#17 Post by KnuteOle » 27 Jul 2022 21:15

I don't think Idaho needs a rebuild, but could use a few small tweaks:

1 - white bird hill could use a revamp to provide more of a true experience of grade and length, even if it meant cheating that section to a different scale to provide more room. i know this has been discussed a lot on the board so i won't belabor it here.

2 - when Idaho first launched, the mountains were better compared to earlier expansions, but still not as realistic as they could be. It would be nice to have some of the central mountains in Idaho redone to the same level of detail as those in newer expansions.

3 - some of the missing roads are being added with Montana, but I'd still like to see ID-21 expanded from Stanley to Boise, or have ID-21 and the Banks/Lowman road connect Stanley with ID-55 to provide another east/west option. i know technically they're not trucking routes, though smaller trucks (and logging trucks) do use those routes.
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521
raskol

#18 Post by raskol » 04 Aug 2022 07:33

oldmanclippy friend yes the rock formations in the game should be renewed especially utah,idaho,oregon,new mexico,arizona some rock pieces should be renewed scs software should release nature update rocks should not be repetitive of each other especially diversify the terrain texture increase desert textures....

now the shortcomings in utah;
1; on the way to utah bluff, the rocks on the side are crappy arizona rocks, there are sediment rock formation, there was in the first update of 1.35, then they deleted it, it looks bad, extremely bad

2; some rock formations around the kanab are good, but there are some really bad arizona rocks that are annoying and disturbing.

3; while passing through glen canyon between arizona and utah, the rocks above are drawn as real, while the rocks below are drawn with an irrelevant color palette
actually red color palette should be applied and renewed with new rock formations

on the way further from glen canyon it is illogical to just stick a 2d mountain on the mountain and leave it there terrain there are a few rocks all terrain material to create it

4;monument walley is irrelevant just randomly drawn only a few rocks are left glued rock_table rocks have a pretty bad appearance 2d looks like 3d like the appearance of the rocks should be nice should be of better quality rock butte formation
VTXcnME

#19 Post by VTXcnME » 04 Aug 2022 11:21

If the rebuild team does go behind the new state DLC group. They should be focusing on missing roads as well as any oversights or poorly done areas. . . I'm thinking of the US-20 oversight from Idaho to Montana. I'm still also hoping when they redo/polish New Mexico, US-60 gets connected thru the middle of the state.
Sara

#20 Post by Sara » 04 Aug 2022 12:44

I think a few texture updates in NM and OR are needed, but not urgently. Honestly though, I wish there were more smaller highways between some states, such as US-2 between Spokane and Sandpoint, and just add Newport as a scenic town instead of a fuctional town, or just make the route a hidden route.

Return to “General discussion about the game”