Bring back orginal gas stations

zippe

Re: Bring back orginal gas stations

#41 Post by zippe » 26 Jul 2022 21:18

I would like real companies too, but who says SCS hasn't asked real companies allready?
Maybe some companies wanted to be in the game,maybe some not,maybe some wanted to much money for using their brand, .......... .......
We don't know what happens in the background,or do anyone of you know with what companies SCS is talking???
Last edited by zippe on 26 Jul 2022 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
VTXcnME

#42 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Jul 2022 21:19

@seriousmods It's clamoring for something that just ain't gonna happen. Might as well beg SCS to get the world to turn in the opposite direction.

You know I'm all for tweaking the game where it can be tweaked and adding to the game where it should be added to. But there are some requests that are just dead ends. Period. This I really think is one of them. Especially if SCS felt they were drifting toward legal hot water.

Further, it's a moot point. If you don't like the stations as they are: I am absolutely certain there will be a mod that comes to 'fix' them. I haven't gotten to play yet since 1.45 dropped... did anyone figure out if the real gas stations mod worked to re mask the new stations to real stations? Kind of complaining about nothing if in fact that still works.
jarryed

#43 Post by jarryed » 26 Jul 2022 21:24

@VTXcnME
No. MLH's mod is working for companies only. All the fuel stations, exception for Fusion(Petro) are the default ones. MLH has mentioned they will be going back and doing 3D models to get the respective brands back into the game.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
VTXcnME

#44 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Jul 2022 21:28

@jarryed copy that.

So it's not working now, but will be at some point in the future. This sounds like a problem solving itself. :D
Optional Features

#45 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 21:29

Yeah, I agree it's unlikely to happen. Although I will probably miss Heart's the most.

One of my favorite pics of all time in this game:

[ external image ]
McFly

#46 Post by McFly » 26 Jul 2022 21:31

I prefer the new ones over the old ones. Higher quality and more interesting logos imo.
That said I'm not from the US, so the old ones were just as fictional to me as the new ones.
My World of Trucks Page

English is not my first language, just trying my best.
clifflandmark

#47 Post by clifflandmark » 26 Jul 2022 21:36

I've already told something in the first day and I got my share :mrgreen:

...but seriously, I think they're right.It's time of qualified modders to fix all those. SiSL is just one of them. Only he could do it top (top) notch!

[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#48 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Jul 2022 22:13

There's nothing stopping SCS from asking Love's if they could get a license to include them in the game. I think it would be super goofy to have some real and some fake companies though. It's different than trailers, the brands aren't really in your face. Companies in this game are in your face. Seeing a Haulett next to a Love's would be jarring to say the least.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Optional Features

#49 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 22:28

Agreed. I have used the real gas stations mod (and real billboards), but it's not a must for me. I actually enjoy some of the knockoff brands (in GTA especially). It's fun to see what people can do with parodies of real things.
_Roger_

#50 Post by _Roger_ » 30 Jul 2022 11:28

GinXeng wrote: 26 Jul 2022 19:46 No its not a pointless, this opens up more discussions about this matter. How about SCS asking real companies if they can use their branding in game?
It is pointless, because SCS have already stated explicitly they will never try to get licences for real companies. Discussion over.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”