Bring back orginal gas stations

GinXeng

Bring back orginal gas stations

#1 Post by GinXeng » 26 Jul 2022 11:20

Seriously, I don't like it. I'm sure others feel the same way. These new ones look more generic than ever killing the some what realism they would bring to the game.
Texshi

Re: Bring back orginal gas stations

#2 Post by Texshi » 26 Jul 2022 11:38

Pretty sure the change was due to legal reasons
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
parasaurolophus67

#3 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 26 Jul 2022 12:47

yeah thats not gonna happen. Atleast it brings more diversity then before now.
55sixxx

#4 Post by 55sixxx » 26 Jul 2022 12:53

So Heart's is gone!!?? Why though... The colors was similar but everything else was different and I'm pretty sure Love's has better stuff to deal with other than pick a legal fight we a game dev from Czechia. smh. I only see this as a step back.
Travismods

#5 Post by Travismods » 26 Jul 2022 14:07

+1

Ageed. I don’t see SCS reversing this as it was due to legal reasons. But I am not updating to 1.45 for this very reason. Real gas stations mods are a must and I believe this update will break them if I am not mistaken. I hope I am.

I hope there at least will be a mod that can reverse this! Many people want something that looks like a real life station, or that can be easily turned into a Loves or a Pilot.
Last edited by Travismods on 26 Jul 2022 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
VTXcnME

#6 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Jul 2022 14:13

@koolizz

I'm running 1.45 and real gas stations mod, they show as compatible. I always scroll thru my mod list when there's an update to see what's not compatible (usually it's as simple as adding the current version compatibility code in the versions file of the mod) or what they've added in game that replaces any mods that create the same effect. I'm hoping the compatibility means mod owner pointed the new in game gas stations to existing real life stations. I was working on a fuel tanker skin this morning for my in game company and haven't gotten any drive time yet. I'll let you know.

The gas stations aren't a deal breaker for me. Aside from the lack of diversity, I don't spend enough time at them/near them/looking at them for it to be something to stick in my craw. If the mod works, cool. If not... I'm still gonna drive in game. Gas stations are different all over the country... picture yourself in a different place and all will be well.
Last edited by VTXcnME on 26 Jul 2022 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
Travismods

#7 Post by Travismods » 26 Jul 2022 14:17

@VTXcnME Oh great news, thanks for confirming. So does this mean there is no visual change to the logos and branding if one uses the real gas station mod going from 1.44 to 1.45? Basically as long as I use the mod it hides all SCS changes to gas stations?

Furthermore, can someone explain why SCS had to do this for legal reasons, yet other games with copycat branding don’t have to? Were they really risking getting sued over having a ”Hearts” in a trucking game?
Last edited by Travismods on 26 Jul 2022 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
VTXcnME

#8 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Jul 2022 14:19

Like I said, I haven't gotten any drive time in yet, but the mod itself shows as compatible for 1.45. I'm at work, but I'm planning on doing some driving tonight when I get home and see what's new (I didn't participate in 1.45OB). If you don't have an answer by then, I'll be sure to post my results.
Travismods

#9 Post by Travismods » 26 Jul 2022 14:24

Gotcha, thanks.
VTXcnME

#10 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Jul 2022 14:43

My only answer to the reason for the rebranding, now they are adding fuel tankers and more fuel companies/fuel cargos the company brands in name would be more prevelant. Perhaps with the increase in camera time they re-evaluated how close the current stations matched up to IRL stations. Maybe they felt it was too close to be paradoxical. Maybe they did not want to be representing something they didn't have license for. At the end of the day, SCS is the one that would stare down the barrel of any litigation, not us. It's easy for us to say it's fine... but we wouldn't be on the hook for any financial penalties. At the end of the day only SCS knows why they dedicated time/effort/energy to something like that when it didn't need it. I'd like to think that based on that line of thought, there *WAS* something on the tracks they were getting ahead of.

Did they have to change? Maybe, maybe not. Only SCS knows if they felt they needed to get out in front of something. At the end of the day, it's really not up to them to explain it in detail or at all. If a fuel station change is enough to get folks to stop playing the game.... well, that'd be a foolish reason to move on, but your feelings are what they are and good luck/Godspeed.

I'm just hoping tonight when I get on, the mod has caught up and remasks the stations to what I'm used to seeing. If it doesn't... oh well.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”