Bring back orginal gas stations

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Bring back orginal gas stations

#31 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Jul 2022 19:19

it is Take2, not Rockstar Games, and Take2 is a beast in the industry
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
VTXcnME

#32 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Jul 2022 19:22

I think the point a lot keep overlooking is none of us are on the hook for any lawsuit. If SCS caught wind of something, or even if they changed just to avoid any uncomfortable conversations it doesn't matter. THEY are the ones that will be sued. Not us.

As end users we can say "it's fine" and "it's not that close" and "other games do it" until we're blue in the face.... doesn't change the fact that we aren't liable in the event of suit.

SCS is always defended by so many here as being a small company with limited resources and assets.... that's everything. Legal team, everybody. The difference is Rockstar has a much larger legal division and a much higher revenue stream to fight such lawsuits should they come up. Who you going to pick on? The guy who can spend near as much money defending their position? Or the company that's gonna probably go bankrupt if they fight the suit? It shouldn't take a huge leap of common sense or logic to understand *WHY* SCS did what they did.

Wish, hope, dream all you want. This thread is starting to sound like my temperamental 15 year old when something changes. It's not going back to the way it was. Don't like the new stations?

Three choices:
1) Use a mod.
2) Stop playing.
3)Learn to live with the crushing disappointment of the new look stations

SCS already weighed in and explained their reasoning for the change. 100% they won't be swapping back. So yes.... in that: This thread is beyond pointless.
GinXeng

#33 Post by GinXeng » 26 Jul 2022 19:46

No its not a pointless, this opens up more discussions about this matter. How about SCS asking real companies if they can use their branding in game? Some may say yes and some may say no, it doesn't hurt to ask. Some companies might be willing to do it for free as they see it as free advertising for them as long as you use it in a positive manner. Even a flop of a game like Rig'n'Roll had a real gas stations https://i.redd.it/8dk4snpsn0m41.jpg
jarryed

#34 Post by jarryed » 26 Jul 2022 20:11

Why in the freaking hell should SCS waste money to use real brands in a game? A license to use trademarked/copyrighted logos are not free. To ask a company to use that without paying is totally asinine. You do realize that you are talking about the USA here....the home of greedy corporations.

I agree that this is a pointless discussion.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
GinXeng

#35 Post by GinXeng » 26 Jul 2022 20:51

Don't they "waste" money already using real brands in game already, where does this nonsense stop? It wouldn't hurt to ask, again some company may grant the license for free, only way to know is to ask.

I disagree that this is a pointless discussion, so here we are at page 4 now :roll:
jarryed

#36 Post by jarryed » 26 Jul 2022 20:58

Don't start confusing truck licenses with a license to use a branded fuel station. Totally different things.

Seems you can't comprehend this. SCS explained their reasons why. This is at least the 10th time you have been told this.

Exactly....where does this nonsense stop that you won't listen to anything.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Travismods

#37 Post by Travismods » 26 Jul 2022 21:08

GinXeng wrote: 26 Jul 2022 20:51 Don't they "waste" money already using real brands in game already, where does this nonsense stop? It wouldn't hurt to ask, again some company may grant the license for free, only way to know is to ask.

I disagree that this is a pointless discussion, so here we are at page 4 now :roll:
Agreed! There is no reason they couldn't look into it and at least ask. No harm in that. Don't be discouraged by users here telling you its pointless, we are free to discuss what we want within the realms of the topic and you are doing exactly that.
Optional Features

#38 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 21:10

We got branded fifth wheels (something no one will see unless they bobtail all the time). There's no reason why we couldn't get branded gas stations, especially the ones that directly service truckers.
jarryed

#39 Post by jarryed » 26 Jul 2022 21:10

koolizz wrote: 26 Jul 2022 14:07 I don’t see SCS reversing this as it was due to legal reasons.
So first you say you don't see SCS flipping and now you want a discussion about it?

*rolls eyes*
Optional Features

#40 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2022 21:14

Why does discussing it hurt? Also, if you don't want to discuss it, why are you participating in said discussion lol? You are giving credibility to the "pointless" discussion by participating in it.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”