ATS on the new Unreal Engine 5

Optional Features

Re: ATS on the new Unreal Engine 5

#51 Post by Optional Features » 29 Jul 2022 17:44

Air523 wrote: 29 Jul 2022 17:08 It'd be nice if these new improvements were included into the existing game.
Some of them are probably not possible unfortunately.

While SCS has a lot of experience with the Prism engine, at this point it's like a horse when everyone else is driving cars. A horse can run fast, but it doesn't have the endurance.

This isn't a game: just a rendering of a vehicle in UE4. I strongly doubt Prism could reach this level of graphical quality.

And this is UE5:

Air523

#52 Post by Air523 » 29 Jul 2022 18:05

@seriousmods, Yeah I get it, there has to be a refresh at some point.
Scs are pretty much masters in working with prism3d, they effortlessly add up new features, though the pace could be improved.
The UE4 looks amazing tho! I'd seen some fan projects with this engine, but guess I'd need the best of PC's are required to run it.(Sorry Macbook :( )
NoDe31

#53 Post by NoDe31 » 29 Jul 2022 18:43

seriousmods wrote: 29 Jul 2022 16:39
NoDe31 wrote: 29 Jul 2022 10:02 Paying twice for same thing just to put number 2 behind ATS, well, its not A problem, its insanity...
Except we wouldn't be paying twice for the same thing: we'd be getting new features, better performance, different states, more interactivity and more.
You really think that SCS management is stupid enough to again pay for all those license they have gathered for ATS, just so you can have better performance in so called ATS2? And even if they would be insane enough to do that, trust me, you would pay trough prices on DLC, I even doubt trucks would be free in that case...
Optional Features

#54 Post by Optional Features » 29 Jul 2022 19:05

NoDe31 wrote: 29 Jul 2022 18:43 You really think that SCS management is stupid enough to again pay for all those license they have gathered for ATS, just so you can have better performance in so called ATS2? And even if they would be insane enough to do that, trust me, you would pay trough prices on DLC, I even doubt trucks would be free in that case...
Again, we continue to circle around the belief that SCS would be starting over with everything with a new game. That doesn't make sense, but I don't have time to circle round and round.

Many a game releases a new version with new features and the same licenses as before. None of them seem to have the perceived problems that SCS would encounter doing the same thing.
xXCARL1992Xx

#55 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jul 2022 19:09

because they renegotiate them ? as an owner of any company that license out property you would be stupid to not take advantage of it and make them stand before you every time they develop a new title, this is an money printing machine and the Car Industry can sing songs about it (or FIFA, they took a hefty sum of money for it, the reason why EA stops with FIFA after FIFA 23)

Music is an even better example, GTA is castrated for it after years because of License, the Music Industrie is the biggest License Mafia to exist
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#56 Post by JoeAlex23 » 29 Jul 2022 19:42

It's dumb to think that if SCS decides to make a new game they won't need to pay again for the licenses, nobody is saying SCS will need to convince the manufacturers to give them licenses for a new game, but that doesn't take away that they will have to make a new contract and pay again for the licenses for said new game, vehicles licenses are attached to the game tittle, not to the company that makes said game, even if you just add a number to a new game with the same tittle as the previous one you still need to pay again for licenses.
Travismods

#57 Post by Travismods » 29 Jul 2022 20:15

There is not going to be any real hassle with licenses just because SCS decides to update graphics and gameplay a bit and then slap a "ATS 2" on there. Constantly bringing that up as a big issue and roadblock to SCS making a new or even just a better game shows a lack of insight. If that was the case, very few other games with real brands and licenses would have been made. Yet SCS are the only ones that seem to have the biggest problem in the world with licenses. Why? What's the big problem?
xXCARL1992Xx

#58 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jul 2022 20:20

aha, so NFS, Forza or GT dont have to negotiate anything and every consecutive titel has all the cars of the previous game in it, wait, they dont :shock: Cars drop out of the list and new ones come in :o Porsche was entirely missing for half a decade from Forza and Gran Turismo and co. because of EA :o :shock:

Forza was taken from sale, + all DLCs, because the licenses run out and they didnt renew them :scream:

yes, every new title needs a new license for said licensed product, why else do companies go to the hassle and patch old titles by removing content (GTA and Music) or right out stop selling the game altogether (Forza) because they are a timed/on title kind of deal
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Travismods

#59 Post by Travismods » 29 Jul 2022 20:23

Last time I checked, there were like 500 NFS games lol. Point being it isnt hard to renegotiate, even if needed. Its a formality if its already been done before. Also, ATS features no licensed music.
Optional Features

#60 Post by Optional Features » 29 Jul 2022 20:38

Pretty much every Farming Sim (released on a bi-annual cadence until the last one) has had the same brands plus new ones. Doesn't seem to be a problem there, and shouldn't be one here.

Licenses are another strawman argument, based on no facts, that is used to silence all discussion about SCS improving. Half of the information about licensing that is quoted as fact by members of this community is based on pure speculation, and not even a hint of reality. There are still people claiming SCS cannot have dirt because of licenses, while a growing number of alternative games featuring the same brands include it in their products.
Last edited by Optional Features on 29 Jul 2022 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”