ATS on the new Unreal Engine 5

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: ATS on the new Unreal Engine 5

#61 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jul 2022 20:38

it doesnt matter, it is the same principle but even more hardcore and thats besides the point, what SCS has now doesnt mean they get again in the future, older trucks could fall though completely, ETS2 would most likely lose 50% of its trucks and ATS would lose the "modern" Peterbilt and Kenworth and the VNL would be bye bye

also if they ever decide to stop ATS and do a completely new thing, disregarding the fact that they need to license the Unreal Engine (which is expensive) and re license FMod for Unreal Engine and this doesnt even factor the time needed to re implement everything Prism3D has that is remotely truck specific that you wont find in Unreal or any other engine and redo EVERYTHING and we would start with ATS2 where ATS started only with a new engine running under it and lose more then we gained with it that some people hope in their imaginary world
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#62 Post by Optional Features » 29 Jul 2022 20:58

Forza is another game series with consistent, branded releases.

[ external image ]

Construction Simulator has updated its game several times, and kept brands.

I'm sure there are many examples. SCS is unique in that a new game requires restarting everything, perhaps even reforming the company and rebuilding the offices lol.
Travismods

#63 Post by Travismods » 29 Jul 2022 22:10

"Licenses are another strawman argument, based on no facts, that is used to silence all discussion about SCS improving"

Yeah, it gets pretty tiring hearing about it over and over again whenever one suggests even the tiniest of improvements to a game currently in stagnation. It is used way more often that it should, as an excuse for why SCS shouldn't improve.

"There are still people claiming SCS cannot have dirt because of licenses, while a growing number of alternative games featuring the same brands include it in their products."

Yeah, this notion is actually pretty staggering. One only has to glance at other simulators and see branded vehicles all over covered in dirt, even damage at times. It has no basis in reality, shows people do not play other video games but STILL it is constantly brought up and played over and over again like a broken record of an excuse all while other games are out there not having these "licensing" issues. It's probably a combination of SCS being overly careful with licenses and people here exaggerating licensing as an issue. As a universal excuse for why these things cannot exist, it needs to go.

Everytime someone starts up that old licensing excuse, I just move on.
Last edited by Travismods on 29 Jul 2022 22:38, edited 4 times in total.
Optional Features

#64 Post by Optional Features » 29 Jul 2022 22:12

Licensing is the reason why we don't have a sensor go bad on a truck and strand the driver on the side of the highway. Licensing is why plastic parts don't fall off an aero truck. Licensing is why we don't have dash rattles and water leaks. Licensing is why we don't have a regen turn into a fire and burn the whole truck to the ground.

Licensing is not the primary reason why we don't have dirt, some tiny scratches on the bumper, or even something like a new game title. If other games are able to accomplish these things with some of the same brands, SCS could as well. I don't believe SCS wants to make a new game at this point, which is obviously within their rights as the developer.

As a fan, I would like to see a new game because I would like to offer financial support in exchange for a greatly improved product. But as other games come out, hopefully one of them will stand out as a better competitor and more deserving of my dollars as a customer.
NoDe31

#65 Post by NoDe31 » 30 Jul 2022 08:36

Really? You really want to go that route? You want Season passes in new ATS2? You want every new truck be in some pack that you will pay 9$+ ? FS indeed renew their licenses for each new title, but they also put price on everything they put in game...
Travismods

#66 Post by Travismods » 30 Jul 2022 12:39

Why does it always have to be one extreme or another...
Optional Features

#67 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jul 2022 21:16

koolizz wrote: 30 Jul 2022 12:39 Why does it always have to be one extreme or another...
I can't see his post, but it doesn't lol.
Darkcaptain

#68 Post by Darkcaptain » 06 Aug 2022 09:58

We don't know what kind of contract/agreement SCS has with the licenses of the truck manufacturers, but something that can be seen, are many low budget games (probably much less than SCS) of trucks, constructions etc.. even some videogames for smartphones, which get trucks with real brands, from here, each person is free to think about it...

On the other hand, as some have said, I think that SCS can improve their game, they made the engine, they can improve if they want (with effort, dedication and time), this would mean that the hardware requirements increase and maybe lose players. I am one of those people who believe that things should evolve little by little, and that the game should improve in some aspects, but I don't think it is necessary to use a different engine (Unreal etc.) and create a new game, this would mean learning almost from scratch by the programmers (an engine totally different from the current one), and starting from the beginning with the mapping, models, assets etc..., I don't think that SCS thinks about it, a lot of money and a lot of development time (as a company, I think it would not currently be profitable)

I think it is much more profitable to improve what they currently have, most players do not need Ray-tracing or anything similar, only improve certain aspects of the game to show off more modern, but for this a better optimization and management of the use of the cores/threads of the cpus is also required, and to take much better advantage of the power of the GPUs, and for all this, and that the game improves little by little ( better lighting, physics, effects, antialiasing, even the possibility of FSR/DLSS) For all this, they should already have been working for a long time. ¿Will SCS be working on it? we don't know, really SCS has no competition (The Bus, Snowrunner etc... I don't include them, they are different), and this assumes SCS feels comfortable, perhaps with some competition it would SCS make some changes.
Llewelyn

#69 Post by Llewelyn » 13 Aug 2022 16:15

From what I recall when SCS built their own driving sim engine for ETS2/ATS, they looked at what was available and thought they could do better. Having seen the pig's ear that Dovetail made of Train Simulator on the Unreal engine, I'd have to agree. SCS stuff runs WAY better than Train Simulator does.

You have to remember that most game engines are built for such as first person shooter, the requirements for a driving sim are not exactly the same.
Optional Features

#70 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2022 18:27

Llewelyn wrote: 13 Aug 2022 16:15 From what I recall when SCS built their own driving sim engine for ETS2/ATS, they looked at what was available and thought they could do better. Having seen the pig's ear that Dovetail made of Train Simulator on the Unreal engine, I'd have to agree. SCS stuff runs WAY better than Train Simulator does.

You have to remember that most game engines are built for such as first person shooter, the requirements for a driving sim are not exactly the same.
Prism far predates ATS and ETS2. I believe it was originated around 2000. It's very old and graphically cannot compete.

Many trainsim developers have a severe problem with dlc ripoffs, but the games are approaching photorealism.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

We just don't have that here.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”