Question about optional mods in Convoy

Vojtech Hladík
SCS Software

Re: Question about optional mods in Convoy

#11 Post by Vojtech Hladík » 10 Aug 2022 13:10

Knightrider wrote: 29 Jul 2022 04:05 thanks @tarso for the clarification.

Thats really great.

edit:

1 - I put the command mp_mod_optional: true in the manifest of my only active mod
2- marked the optional server checkbox on the filters,
3 - refreshed the list and one server showed up, but:

* it says regarding my mod compatibility section -> 'not available in the server'
* in the 'errors' section my mod is listed in red letters with 'mod conflict'.

is there anything else to do before joining? I assume if everything was fine, the above messages should have not shown up?
(did not try to join the server yet)
Please make sure, that the mod you are using is not map mod. Those cannot be optional.
Vojtech Hladík
SCS Software

#12 Post by Vojtech Hladík » 10 Aug 2022 13:12

Knightrider wrote: 29 Jul 2022 12:09 @Tarso thanks once again.

it would be nice in the future to provide further options within this one, to be able to use optional mods for only (as server option) for stuff such sounds/interior mods, which nobody else except the mod user can see anyway.

I would not want to allienate users of engine sound and interiors mods (or anything else imperceptible outside of the mod user perspective) in my server for example, but not at the cost of tolerating green boxes driving along. :lol:

edit: Just a correction, actually the server which greeted me that was not using optional mod support. I found another that does, and it says that it recognizes my mod as optional. now thats nice!
Unfortunately, it is not possible to safely recognize that mod changes only sounds and/or UI,
Knightrider

#13 Post by Knightrider » 10 Aug 2022 23:29

@Vojtech Hladík thank you very much for your reply! I managed to get it working fortunately.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
ralph_l084

#14 Post by ralph_l084 » 14 Nov 2023 13:18

Optional mods are great, all of my servers allow optional mods. A great addition would be a default truck/trailer instead of the green box, if you don't have someone's truck/trailer.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”