California Rework phase 3 speculation

Calibuddy99

California Rework phase 3 speculation

#1 Post by Calibuddy99 » 29 Jul 2022 18:20

All california fans, speculate what you think will be added or changed in phase 3 of the rework. I think bay area, stockton, and maybe something else. You can share your speculations here, and make a more detailed version of mine.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Tristman

Re: California Rework phase 3 speculation

#2 Post by Tristman » 29 Jul 2022 18:24

Just post in the base map rebuild thread, people have already shared their speculation about this topic there in great detail.
ShadowScorpion_9

#3 Post by ShadowScorpion_9 » 29 Jul 2022 18:25

It would be nice to get to Fresno in phase 3.
parasaurolophus67

#4 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 29 Jul 2022 18:25

I agree, this doesn't need its own thread. It outs the purpose of this thread viewtopic.php?t=283202&start=2880
Calibuddy99

#5 Post by Calibuddy99 » 29 Jul 2022 18:35

Okay. Well anyways, goodbye because I'm leaving any forum sites I'm registered, this was gonna be the last topic I'm making. Anyways, go ahead and delete it, and I will be back, in a few months.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Viper28

#6 Post by Viper28 » 30 Jul 2022 00:21

:roll:
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
rbsanford

#7 Post by rbsanford » 30 Jul 2022 03:34

I really don't think there's much room for speculation for Phase III anyway, SCS pretty much confirmed that it'll cover the Bay Area. The only questions are whether that will include Stockton or not, and how far south the reworks will extend.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Sora

#8 Post by Sora » 30 Jul 2022 08:15

This is probably the only forum I go to that obsesses over keeping everything in huge, centralized topics. I'm not entirely sure why that is... sometimes it's useful, but usually it just leads to anything relevant being behind hundreds of pages of long-since-outdated information that's fun to peruse but not exactly something any newcomer would wade through. It feels especially strange for the threads that need to be reset periodically anyway. It'd be one thing if these threads actually had dedicated or informative first posts, but half the time they don't, or they were "informative" several years ago but no longer accurately reflect the current situations. My favorite one is the new truck speculation thread that curses every truck that's listed in it.

I personally feel like it's more important to have specific, informative, or useful topics than it is to respect people making glorified placeholders or dumping grounds.

That said, in this particular case, I kind of agree with the above: we're pretty confident that Phase 3 is the Bay Area, and we're pretty confident about most of the content that that will entail. Oakland and San Jose's current incarnations are weak/nonexistent enough that it might be fun to think about what specifically they'll contain, but practically speaking, anything is an improvement over what they have now.
VTXcnME

#9 Post by VTXcnME » 30 Jul 2022 21:32

@Sora agreed. That other thread listed is over 290 pages.

How T.F. is someone expected to wade thru that (when it's talking about three states) to have a discussion on one particular part of one particular state. Or to see if that topic has even already been broached on that other thread.... God have mercy on the poor fools soul in that case. They'll get a "THIS WAS BROUGHT UP X NUMBER OF PAGES AGO! LEARN TO READ" or something of equivalent whit.

Of all of the pages I frequent, this one *DOES* have the most OCD group that demands similar topics stay on exactly one thread until its overflowing with 300+ pages. Half of which was off topic anyway. The general attitude of some members here in general kind of sucks. Like, ready to just personally challenge anyone who doesn't 100% agree with them. Worse than other forums I use. Much worse in some instances. Over a freaking game. It's.... childish at best.
nuclearcockatiels

#10 Post by nuclearcockatiels » 01 Aug 2022 03:08

If they want to rework the bay area, they are going to have to make the five freeway more farther apart from the bay area and possibly rework stockton when doing that

Return to “General discussion about the game”