Next Generation Of The Game Engine And DX12 Support

trainguy_gaming

Next Generation Of The Game Engine And DX12 Support

#1 Post by trainguy_gaming » 29 Jul 2022 22:07

I hope the next generation of the game engine and DX12 support will come out and be released soon, they have to be released soon. Leave a comment on when you think they will release. I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)
jarryed

Re: Next Generation Of The Game Engine And DX12 Support

#2 Post by jarryed » 29 Jul 2022 23:53

Really didn't see a need for a new thread regarding this because it has been talked about in the 1.46 speculation thread. Anyways my post in there:
jarryed wrote: 07 Jul 2022 15:07 Because I feel that SCS is going to want Texas to look the absolute best when it releases(it is the state that most people are looking forward to afterall), along with some things that were found in the 1.45 Open Betas files - See this post: viewtopic.php?p=1710503#p1710503 - my list will include some of the bigger features that have been talked about.

DX12 along with new rendering system that Pavel talked about previously
Trucks getting dirty
Functional truck washes
Better Anti-aliasing
Goodyear tire branding for lowboy trailers
Fully functional adaptive cruise control
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
JeeF

#3 Post by JeeF » 30 Jul 2022 00:51

I can imagine DX12 and render/lighting upgrades to make the game a little better, but it won't be mind-blowing.
They wouldn't want to release an upgrade that would force half of their customers to feel obligated to upgrade their computers.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
Travismods

#4 Post by Travismods » 30 Jul 2022 08:45

@jarryed If you want all those features on your list to come to the game, why don’t you just get a CDL instead?

@JeeF They wouldn’t want to, because they are SCS, but they should. There is no logic in not upgrading your game as time passes and technology advances around you just because a vocal portion of your fanbase want the game to be able to run on high on laptops from the pre 2010 era because they for some reason can’t bring themselves to upgrade like everyone else has to do sooner or later.
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jul 2022 08:53

I don't know what DX12 will bring, but like most of the patch speculation threads or even individual speculations on things like cargo, it's best to take our wildest guesses and divide them by at least four.

Things are rarely as grand as we think they will be.
nodin747

#6 Post by nodin747 » 30 Jul 2022 08:57

Why all wait from dx12 support something extra new generic? Its just new api that anyway not give something new we could get from dx11 .
Travismods

#7 Post by Travismods » 30 Jul 2022 09:24

When talking tech or even just map content, the SCS blogs always will go out of their way to remind everyone that they are thinking of low performance users being able to enjoy all content at all times and not making things too demanding. SCS seem afraid of alienating this part of the fanbase, probably because their fanbase is so small. If it expanded, they should probably start catering more and more to high end users.

It would be refreshing to see SCS even just mentioning high end users at times, there are many that are expecting more impressive graphics and gameplay and that are frustrated that the vocal ”potato crowd” are the ones that seem to decide what comes to the game. Looking forward, it just makes more sense.

Before I upgraded to a higher end gaming system, I was playing games on a pretty mediocre laptop, with lag, low resolution, the jaggies, what have you. I didn't expect to be able to run games on high or even medium with a laptop like that, I understood game developers should make the most of their game with the resources and game engine they have and look forward to new technology and features, not backward to players like me. And, at least I could play on low and still enjoy the game. That is not to say that SCS should cater and design their games and content like all players have NASA supercomputers, but it would be nice to see the bar a little, just a little bit higher than being so dedicated to catering to people expecting to run medium to high on some of the worst performing rigs out there.
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jul 2022 11:23

For me, a fully fleshed out ATS (and this includes graphics) could be my standalone game. I enjoy other games, but I'm a truck guy at heart. This is about the only truck-focused game out there, at least that isn't horrible in some way.

From a graphics standpoint, though, as a player I don't really have a reason to upgrade. I have an ok system, and it can run the game ok most of the time.

But when I watch people with supercomputers play and their game doesn't look that much better than mine, it makes me think that investing in a new system isn't really worth it, at least not for this game or the other main game I play (FS) which has similar graphical challenges.

With FS, I can turn things up and notice somewhat of a difference in rendering. With a supercomputer, I could turn my foliage distance up to a crazy number and render a blade of grass from 1500 feet away. I could crank up the LOD distance, and see a tree from across the map. I could turn on max shadow lights and check the box for vehicle light shadows so that both building and vehicle lights cast shadows at night. And again, that's a game that doesn't have great graphics.

With ATS, I could play on 400% scaling, max reflectiveness, max anti aliasing, SSAO, etc, and still have pop up mountains, no light shadows, no interior glow from gauges and screens, no interior chrome reflection, no puddles on the road after rain, and so on.

Making things like these available to the top end pc user would give someone like me a reason to get something better so I can experience these features.

One of these is taken on a super computer. The graphics gap should be wider. His interior chrome should reflect the interior for one thing.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
VTXcnME

#9 Post by VTXcnME » 30 Jul 2022 11:43

DX 12 will almost certainly bring the following:

Adaptive Cruise Control
Better weather
Seasons
Map rescale to 1:10
Added Cargo for flat deck and low boys
New Economy/Cargo system
New business model for ongoing costs of ownership
Better graphics. All of them. Better.
More outside truck interaction
Better draw/LOD distances
All the new trucks. Seriously. All of them. DX12 is so good, you just have to *think* of the truck you want in game.
More trailers and trailer set ups.
Multi Drop
Node based loading for all trailers (to make multidrop functional)
Better maps. Just, everything. Better.
Improve the resale value of your house
Make you better looking
Will definitely make you taller if you so desire
Make you more desirable to the opposite gender
Help you pay off outstanding loans faster.
Definitely going to help anyone shed that last 15lbs they've been trying to get gone.

DX12- in all honesty, will probably bring CPU core optimization for multicore support. Probably not a lot more. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm honestly expecting that the game will probably see a exceedingly modest frame rate increase. As far as the game engine. It's totally fine. Just needs a little tweak. No problems. At least, that's what I'm told any time I mention it. The one point I will agree on with the naysayers who hate these conversations: a new game engine is very unlikely to come (I mean, I got better odds of winning the powerball lottery than ATS seeing a game engine change). SCS will continue to try to optimize a game engine that felt older and borderline outdated when they started using it for ETS2 (in 2012?). That's why I'm guessing DX12 won't do much for anything. DX12 went into MSFS (I know, the horror of mentioning it) and it did nothing dramatic to improve the overall experience. Bumped the frame rate a touch and smoothed it out a little, but nothing in the scale of what people hope for.
raskol

#10 Post by raskol » 30 Jul 2022 13:17

friends, it's enough that it doesn't crash while playing games in dx12
I'll be really bad for scs software if it gets stuck.
my directx 12 graphics list;

1:new ray tracing all-round projection system

2:better shading system

3:dynamic lighting system

4:lightning effects to skybox in rainy weather

5:realistic fog in rainy weather

6:skybox cloud diversity surplus rest

7:Physics of contamination system mud and vehicle whitewashing

8: 8k road texture clear image with normal map application

9:More realistic rain outside applying normal map to raindrop and seeing raindrop on the ground

10: feeling the coming of the seasons

11:Repair of flat tires on licensed trailers except trailers

12:let random ai vehicles cause traffic accidents

13: seeing the shadows of the vehicle as it passes under the lights

14:the sun glare on the buildings is like in unreal engine 5

15:rain reflection should look muffled not full image
apply on roads as if there is water everywhere

Return to “General discussion about the game”