Nebraska Discussion Thread

paytonsnewheart

Re: Nebraska Discussion Thread

#41 Post by paytonsnewheart » 16 Feb 2023 20:46

I totally agree. Pavel said in the Christmas stream that the new game engine update is coming this year. If that doesn't happen, I think people will be really upset. I think the game is improving slowly. I think the company is mostly focused on maps because they bring in income, but people want new features implemented. I think with a lot of patience, we will start seeing these features. I never thought we would get livestock trailers, but here we are. With The Great Plains in progress, it would be neat if SCS Software could add more animals roaming in the fields to make it more lively. After all, it is mostly farmland. When I drive in the countryside, I see cows, horses, and all sorts of animals. I really think they can do it.

They also need to pull off the Great Plains. Many people think that it's mostly boring geography because it's mostly grassland. The Great Plains don't have oceans, forests, etc.; they are mostly flat. SCS Software needs to attract people to buy their DLC. Otherwise, it will just look like "Coast To Coast", in my opinion. I've driven in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska using "Coast To Coast", and it's really boring. I don't use "Coast To Coast" anymore because why would I play with something that doesn't interest me?
Last edited by paytonsnewheart on 16 Feb 2023 22:49, edited 2 times in total.
Heart Transplant Recipient
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
oldmanclippy

#42 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Feb 2023 21:36

Coast to Coast is not affiliated with ProMods.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
paytonsnewheart

#43 Post by paytonsnewheart » 16 Feb 2023 22:44

Oops, my bad. Thanks for the correction. I don't know why I typed "ProMods," even though I know that ProMods didn't make "Coast to Coast."
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
Madkine
Global moderator

#44 Post by Madkine » 17 Feb 2023 03:46

paytonsnewheart wrote: 16 Feb 2023 20:46 Pavel said in the Christmas stream that the new game engine update is coming this year.
Did he? Do you have a link and a timestamp?
Pavel is normally far more circumspect about these things.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
paytonsnewheart

#45 Post by paytonsnewheart » 17 Feb 2023 23:00

Madkine wrote: 17 Feb 2023 03:46
paytonsnewheart wrote: 16 Feb 2023 20:46 Pavel said in the Christmas stream that the new game engine update is coming this year.
Did he? Do you have a link and a timestamp?
Pavel is normally far more circumspect about these things.
https://youtu.be/J5AWvjPX32o
Time stamp starts at 1:27:00 about the game engine.
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
Enjoyingorc6742

#47 Post by Enjoyingorc6742 » 18 Feb 2023 00:19

I do hope that if Omaha (most likely) is added, they add Kenefick Park. it's on I-80 heading east from Iowa

[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#48 Post by Madkine » 18 Feb 2023 00:47

He said they are hoping it comes this year (and that they've been working on it for 4+ years).

And that they have 5+ years worth of content already lined up to work on.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
rbsanford

#49 Post by rbsanford » 18 Feb 2023 01:35

@Enjoyingorc6742, there's no doubt we're getting Omaha. It's the largest city in the state, and one of the most significant cities in the Great Plains. Kenefick Park, on the other hand, is doubtful for now since it's really only viewable when coming into Nebraska from Iowa. Worst case scenario, we'd have to wait until we get Iowa. Best case scenario: we get the BNSF yard down by the river, and a hidden road there could take us to an open area within view of the park, like where Eagle Intermodal Services is IRL.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
paytonsnewheart

#50 Post by paytonsnewheart » 21 Feb 2023 23:10

Don't forget that Nebraska has two major land regions: the Dissected Till Plains and the Great Plains. The Dissected Till Plains contain mostly rolling hills with numerous streams and rivers, providing the richest farmland in the state. The Great Plains of Nebraska contain the Loess Hills. The terrain is rough and hilly. In the Loess Plains, which settle in the southeastern part of Nebraska, the land is flatter and more conducive to farming.

One section of Nebraska lying north of the Platte River is known as the Sand Hills, which is the largest area of sand dunes in North America. In this section, abundant grass and water from hundreds of lakes found throughout the area make it excellent for grazing.

Nebraska is recognized as a major grain producer as well. There are many farms and ranches that produce corn, sorghum, soybeans, hay, wheat, dry beans, oats, potatoes, sugar beets, and livestock. I would also like to point out that Nebraska has the greatest number of forage grasses in the country. Natural resources include oil, natural gas, cement, stone, sand, gravel, and lime. Manufacturing in Nebraska is dominated by processed fuels, industrial machinery, publishing, electric and electronic equipment, metal products, mobile homes, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and transportation equipment.

Oak, hickory, and elm trees can be found in the river valleys east of Nebraska, and cottonwood, willow, and elm trees can be found in the west. Ponderose pine predominates in the Great Plains area. Bluestem grasses are mostly found in Nebraska's prairies, while grama, buffalo, and sagebrush grow in the dry parts of the state. Wildlife includes coyotes, antelope, deer, foxes, prairie dogs, pheasants, and quail. Bison are also isolated in the state.

The capital of Nebraska, Lincoln, will obviously be included in the DLC, but other large cities include Omaha, Bellevue, Grand Island, Kearney, Fremont, Norfolk, North Platte, Hastings, and Columbus. I think some of those, if not all, will be included in the DLC.
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread

Return to “General discussion about the game”