Nebraska Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Nebraska Discussion Thread

#31 Post by flight50 » 01 Sep 2022 15:54

Tails wrote: 01 Sep 2022 14:22 the big building beside the credit union is the kelloggs factory.
Ahhh, my fault. I only honed in to the word "Kellogg Credit Union". I didn't pay much attention that its pointing to a small building next the larger one. It all looks like one huge complex to me. Good find then, lol. I've been hoping for Post or Kellogg's to compete with the General Mills parody. With all the agriculture that should hit the Central Plains, I don't see why grain elevators and farms can't supply a variety of food factories.
Trakaplex

#32 Post by Trakaplex » 14 Feb 2023 05:39

For any of you knowing, first Nebraska teaser: November 22, 2023.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
flight50

#33 Post by flight50 » 14 Feb 2023 06:01

That's too far out. Oklahoma releases this Summer. They'll need to announce what follows Kansas much sooner than November. The Oklahoma team will move on and something must take a slot for w.i.p. simultaneously with Kansas. There's always 2 known map expansions for ATS.
oldmanclippy

#34 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Feb 2023 14:33

The state after Kansas could potentially be released by November 22 lol
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#35 Post by flight50 » 14 Feb 2023 15:42

Yeah I agree with oldmanclippy. Nebraska has a better chance to release November 22 rather than announced November 22nd.
Trakaplex

#36 Post by Trakaplex » 14 Feb 2023 17:05

Yeah, November 22 is a bit too late. I'd say June 25th for an announcement, right after Oklahoma.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
paytonsnewheart

#37 Post by paytonsnewheart » 16 Feb 2023 04:28

But doesn't SCS Software try to release two states per year? I still think Nebraska is in early development.
Heart Transplant Recipient
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
flight50

#38 Post by flight50 » 16 Feb 2023 06:38

For now yes. Oklahoma early to mid Summer. Kansas late Summer to early Fall perhaps. Nebraska if being developed, won't take forever. It's possible for a November/December release if it was started after Texas released last year. If one half of the Texas team went to Kansas, the other half had to go somewhere. So if Kansas is due this year, it's possible Nebraska could also hit. It's a very similar state to what Kansas is time wise and asset wise.

Outside of Texas, every single ATS map expansion has come within a 12 month dev span. Texas dropped Nov right before Thanksgiving. So that could put Nebraska on a 2023 time table as well. It's not definite, but it is definitely possible.
paytonsnewheart

#39 Post by paytonsnewheart » 16 Feb 2023 09:11

It makes sense. It would be great if they started releasing more states than two per year. Nebraska will be very pretty: vast prairies, farmlands, and mountains. It's also a huge state for agriculture. I have hope that SCS Software will bring more agricultural companies into the game. The Great Plains can bring so much potential to the game.
Heart Transplant Recipient
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
flight50

#40 Post by flight50 » 16 Feb 2023 13:04

I totally agree on more Ag companies. We should see more than one farm company in one city in which both provide produce. This one produce farm per city does not fit the Great Plains farming environment.

Map wise, we should have more for ICC's. We all want game improvements as well but until the engine update, SCS can do what they have have gotten better and better with and that's assets. We are nearing the 50% completion mark for the US. By 2025, we should be there for sure. Lots of diversity still missing though. Tons of unique things out there to add to the economy.

I don't see modders building custom buildings on a consistent basis to the point that people are talking about it all the time. As the game gets bigger, the asset library grows bigger. I think SCS is doing great there but the number of functional/active depots could be more diverse. Between Kansas and Nebraska, I am really hoping SCS takes that next jump for Agriculture. There was this one blog like 2-3 years ago in which complex prefabs was mentioned. I'm still waiting too see that. But maybe my idea and SCS's idea of complex differs. The Great Plains is a great chance to pull off complex prefabs to boost these states. States that some call flyover could use all the help they can get to attract people.
Last edited by flight50 on 16 Feb 2023 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”