Nebraska Discussion Thread

Brendan0620

Nebraska Discussion Thread

#1 Post by Brendan0620 » 07 Aug 2022 03:19

Since there's already an Oklahoma and Kansas discussion thread, and there isn't one for Nebraska, also the fact that Pavel hinted that the next few states are going to be "less interesting" during the Montana release stream. I started a Nebraska thread.

Nebraska continues I-80 from Cheyenne and ends West I-76, Omaha and Lincoln are very likely cities, and possible are North Platte and Sidney along the I-80.

Nebraska is heavily rumored as one of the next states following some gas totem assets being added in 1.45 and the Montana stream, where Pavel said that the next few states will be "less interesting" and many people in real life don't view Nebraska as "interesting".

I think people who love Great Plains and Long Interstate driving are going to love this state, let's talk about Nebraska in this thread!

UPDATE 8/11/23: A year after this thread's creation, Nebraska has been officially announced! https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/08/introd ... raska.html
Last edited by Brendan0620 on 11 Aug 2023 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
angrybirdseller

Re: Nebraska Discussion Thread

#2 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Aug 2022 04:34

Nebraska-I think US-30 or I-80B can start off in Pine Bluffs and end in Fremont run the road parallel of the railroad for the most part create rail depots for dumping grain or pickup up worn out tractors and combine parts. Think there options for small towns along the parallel route. I-80 is 450 miles in Nebraska, US-83 ~200 Miles, US-81 ~160 miles , US-26 ~140 miles, US-20 ~380 miles, US-30 ~450 miles. At least 1600-2000 in game miles easily fit and could add more think it will have little more road density.

Chimney Rock, and Sand Hills are interesting parts then you have the have buttes and hills especially in the panhandle.
Onagerlinn

#3 Post by Onagerlinn » 07 Aug 2022 05:13

What cities could we see? I'm thinking Sidney, Ogallala, North Platte, Kearney, Grand Island, Lincoln, Omaha, Scottsbluff, Chadron, Valentine, Norfolk. What am I missing?
rbsanford

#4 Post by rbsanford » 07 Aug 2022 05:44

I'm thinking of Columbus or Fremont, and maybe South Sioux City. I don't think the Platte River Corridor would be that dense, though; I don't know about marking Kearney and Ogallala.

How about McCook? As long as US 34 connects it to Wray and Grand Island, of course, along with the 83, which I can see running between North Platte and I-70.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
angrybirdseller

#5 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Aug 2022 06:18

Ogallala connects US-26 to Scottsbluff there large lake and it isolated enough not to cause issuses.

Platte River Valley there alot of industries along the transcontinental railroad can add depots to deliver. Definitely need North Platte and Ogallala, Grand Island

The cities spaced 50 miles apart and setback from I-80 only come with one exit.

Have, O'Neil, Hastings, Fremont that, McCook as possible candidates to add.

Think 12 marked cities would work with Nebraska there no mountains to worry about can spread then out evenly unlike western states where the cities are packed in.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 05:59

Sidney, Ogallala and North Platte is doing too much. That's repeating I-80 in Wyoming. Remove one. Ogallala is the outcast. It's the one in the middle. Allow the other 2 to have space. Ogallala goes scenic in my book.

Nebraska is another state in which most establishments are off
I-80. People complained about Wyoming's cities are too big. They adjusted Montana and got it right. They are nicely sized and spread out. I-80 in Nebraska will need to follow Montana 's lead. Not Wyoming's.

Lincoln will need to be cheated West to give space to Omaha. Omaha needs to be Redding size. Lincoln needs to be more West but not compromising Green Island.
angrybirdseller

#7 Post by angrybirdseller » 08 Aug 2022 07:52

Nebraska should be some density of towns probably more than Montana especially with I-80 the main route. The Wyoming route more appropriate with Nebraska with density. If I-90 and I-94 then Montana method would be better with the Dakotas as there less towns than Nebraska. Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island, Kearney, North Platte, *Ogallala 50-50, Sidney -town gaps of 50 to 100 miles will work fine. Some routes like US-83 and US-81 are obvious ones to add to the map. I think US-30 should run parallel and long with I-80 it runs parallel from Wyoming to Nebraska state line to Grand Island then it heads to Columbus.

Omaha would give space but Lincoln I would shrink to fit towns like Kearney, Grand Island, North Platte, Sidney. Also, US-83 and US-81, US-385 are corridors run into the Dakotas. Will, Omaha will likely get big city Denver and Portland treatment it all depends on Council Bluffs and what they plan to do with US-75.
flight50

#8 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 14:19

I can agree that Lincoln could go a little smaller. That or shift it West more between Omaha and Grand Island. They can also push Grand Island North to help space wise too. US-30 would have to be cheated North if it comes parallel. It would be a cool road though. Same with US-34/US-6. It too should parallel. I'm hoping for some good back road farming density with both Kansas and Nebraska for sure. I hope SCS has something up there sleeve more like what I mentioned here viewtopic.php?p=1728040#p1728040.
AlexxxF1

#9 Post by AlexxxF1 » 08 Aug 2022 15:26

flight50 wrote: 08 Aug 2022 05:59 Nebraska is another state in which most establishments are off
I-80. People complained about Wyoming's cities are too big. They adjusted Montana and got it right. They are nicely sized and spread out. I-80 in Nebraska will need to follow Montana 's lead. Not Wyoming's.
Yes, in Montana, large cities are cleverly hidden. Feels like wild nature and a long drive from city to city. amazing work.
I-90,94 doesn't feel as busy as I-80 does in Wyoming.

Mountains and tall trees make it possible to hide the roofs of houses. I wonder how it will be in Nebraska, because it is a flatter land and not so tall trees.
flight50

#10 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 16:11

@AlexxxF1 Hidden is a good way to put it. Maybe that is why I-90 feels so good to me. There is good signage and billboards all around and you see urban but not get overwhelmed with it while driving. Now when you look at the gps, you notice there is a lot that you don't see because you are pretty much driving below grade where most of the city is. This is just how that road is setup though. The flatter the lands, the more city you see at ground level. But when things are multi level, we can get that hidden feel.

Now in Nebraska and probably Kansas too, i don't know if we get the elevation changes thru town. For the most part things will be flatter. No biggie. Vegetation and buildings will pretty much hide things to provide that hidden feel. This is I-80 Omaha. Its going to be the largest city in Nebraska for sure. Off I-80 should be a whole lot of stuff that is hidden. I don't think Omaha will be bad on performance at all if things can hide like that. Even on an elevated roadway there is a lot of green and lots of cheats its seems. https://www.google.com/maps/@41.2263582 ... 8192?hl=en

So the further East we go, the more full green we get. Lots of things could be hidden indeed.

Return to “General discussion about the game”