Computer specs for Ets 2 ultra graphics

GreyMakesMusic

Computer specs for Ets 2 ultra graphics

#1 Post by GreyMakesMusic » 08 Aug 2022 19:06

Hello everyone

I have recently sold some stuff so am looking to get a windows gaming computer for ETS 2 and G29

What specs computer would you recommend for Ultra Graphics

To put it in perspective I have £390 at my disposal

Thanks
Tomsun

Re: Computer specs for Ets 2 ultra graphics

#2 Post by Tomsun » 21 Aug 2022 09:50

What do you have allready, what do you need to buy for 390 pounds. what is your expectation in game experience?

If you have nothing? its complicated.

So first question do you already have a display, what specs?

Do already have computer, possibility to upgrade.

Do you already have Controllerset, G29 used even around 200€, would be already 50% of the budget.

Monitor around 100€

Computer able for Ultra (requires discrete GPU or very powerful APU), used not below 200€ with need for upgrades, with no need for upgrades i assume 500€ and up.

Proposal used laptop (ivybridge i5 or haswell i5 with HD Display), RAM upgrade to 8 GB, HDD replaced by small SSD, use of a budget steering wheel (e.g. speedlink without FFB), using low to medium graphics, no need for seperate Monitor at first and would fit into budget.

i used quiet a long time Lenovo T420 i5, it works, of course not like an i9 with 3090 and an 49" monitor but than your budget needs an 0 added at the end.

i just saw your other post, so G29 already on hand, it seems you have a mac already so perhaps a discrete monitor with a free input port.

for casual gaming i would opt in direction of something like an actual NUC using IGPU in the lastet Gen, if this is not enough than you need more in direction of dedicated GPU in class of 3060ti or RX 6700 so total system price in class of around 1000-1500€
JD6

#3 Post by JD6 » 03 Sep 2022 00:09

You really need to give more details.

Ultra at what resolution and framerate? With £390 you won't get more than 1080p (100% Scaling) at Ultra settings with framerate dipping below 60fps often and that's considering you're buying cheap used parts. If you play vanilla 8GB RAM are enough but with mods 16GB RAM is recommended. GPU minimal absolute VRAM is 4GB.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 02 Nov 2022 03:25

Tomsun wrote: 21 Aug 2022 09:50 ...very powerful APU...
Is there any such thing? APU is a marketing gimmick to make more money. Until recently, every CPU you could get was basically the same as what is now billed as an APU. A "CPU with Integrated Graphics." Until about 2000 or so, you were stuck with however much System RAM was allocated to video, after that (I don't recall exactly when) you could specify up to a certain amount in BIOS, but you were still better off with a dedicated GPU. The most I ever saw was 768Mb, but I always had GPU so I never paid that much attention to that, and I still don't. Regardless of what they call it, CPU, APU or whatever, in my opinion, you're always going to be better off with a dedicated GPU that is of the highest quality you can afford. But then again, you could say that for everything else in your computer as well. There are cheaper hobbies, but are they as much fun or as useful when you're not playing games or whatever? Probably not...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”