Loss of some outside sounds

Zuz

Loss of some outside sounds

#1 Post by Zuz » 09 Aug 2022 12:08

I seem to have lost some outside sounds for quite a while now. Namely the helicopters and the Bi-planes that scoot about. I used to hear the Helicopters when a random event occured (When they were hovering above some police cars. Even with the window wound down I can't hear anything.

Also, I don't remember if the Jet Airliners used to make a sound when they were taking off. They don't make a sound either. But, I can hear the Trains.
I've verified files and that's ok. Have mods installed BUT not activated. (Only a headlight and small mirror mod). SO no mods installed.

I posted something similar on Steam, with no useful help. (They posted update sound mods, which I stated I didn't have any installed).

World Sound Volume is Max, as is Ambient sounds. Traffic Volume is about half, in cabin just under half. And using System default drivers as well as Realtec Speaker 48000 mode. Still with no luck. All other audio drivers (Realtex Digital output and AMD high Def Audio Device are disabled). And recently updated Audio drivers from the Asus Website (I have a A320m-k) m/b).

I was just driving toward Show Low and a Big Bi-Plane flew past right over head, In cabin or outside (The first camera Button 1) no sound.

Are Helicopters and Planes all of a sudden attached to the Traffic Volume ?

My game log is here: https://pastebin.com/W2AaiJZS

Thanks. I'm kind baffled about why this is happening, lol.
Zuz

Re: Loss of some outside sounds

#2 Post by Zuz » 09 Aug 2022 17:31

BTW this is happening everywhere for me, not just the place I mentioned coming into Show Low.
Zuz

#3 Post by Zuz » 09 Aug 2022 19:38

Also I'm driving a Cascadia. Are these known for better sound proofing ???
Zuz

#4 Post by Zuz » 10 Aug 2022 12:03

So, Am I the only one with this issue ? Or is this in the wrong category ?

Should it be put in Gameplay Questions ?
Madkine
Global moderator

#5 Post by Madkine » 10 Aug 2022 21:55

The category is fine. I've seen references to similar issues before and from my hazy memory it was about there being too many sounds.
(I was hoping someone who knew more would drop by.)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Zuz

#6 Post by Zuz » 11 Aug 2022 17:41

OMG too many sounds. LOL.

It's really weird. I've just come to the conclusion that the Bi-Planes and helicopters are electric. LOL. But if I look outside, (turn full right in the cab) I can hear the insects chirping away, Just seems to be the planes and helicopters, oh and I think the Wind turbines too. I was going to uninstall and reinstall but, never done it before.

I haven't tried ETS 2 yet, but last time I played I could hear the jets in a city in Austria. Can't remember which one.

Anyway, thanks so much for your post.
Zuz

#7 Post by Zuz » 13 Aug 2022 11:31

Just made a new profile as was suggested in Steam, And it's the same unfortunately. Someone else there has replied saying they have lost some too, including the railroad crossing sounds with no mods, which I can hear. Real weird.

But I seem to have lost the Fire Engine noise, they just drift past, no sound. lol.

Is this worth a report in the bugs, I'm guessing no, because not many people have said anything about it.
Madkine
Global moderator

#8 Post by Madkine » 13 Aug 2022 22:16

It's always worth reporting as a tester may be able to replicate it.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Technical Problems”