Have you ever lost interest in a game?

nodin747

Have you ever lost interest in a game?

#1 Post by nodin747 » 09 Aug 2022 15:00

I really like games about heavy cars and transportation. enjoyed playing ets2 and ats and was looking forward to new updates and dlcs, especially montana, but after I rode it, I realized that I could not enjoy it as much as before. it seems that I have already seen this road many times, this car, this house, this tree. these mountains they were before simply placed differently. I used to enjoy exploring every nook and cranny, but now I just don't care. everything has become boring, there is nothing new, I have already seen it all. and tired of driving, constantly the same boring actions: come, hitch, drive, unhook, and so on in a circle. I understand that the life of a driver is boring, but this is a game that should be fun and not a chore
did anyone have this?
AlexxxF1

Re: Have you ever lost interest in a game?

#2 Post by AlexxxF1 » 09 Aug 2022 17:13

@nodin747 I think you should just take a break for a couple of months. just play games of a different genre - in quests, in strategy, in fighting games or RTS. TBS.
if you're tired of one genre, just take a break and rest in another. interest will return after a while.
someone is tired of strategies, he takes a break in racing. someone is tired of horror, he takes a break in fighting games.

when I get tired of ETS2, I take a break and rest in ATS. when I get tired of ATS, I take a break and rest in ETS2. but that's just me. I very love roads and driving :D .
Knightrider

#3 Post by Knightrider » 09 Aug 2022 17:31

Yes, but fortunately ATS (neither ETS 2) is not this game. I've been playing both for 6 years now (1700+ hours on each game) and enjoying more than ever. Of course there's room for improvements in the gameplay and also graphical side (one quick example, dirt on the trucks are LONG overdue IMO) but i'm quite happy with both ETS 2 and ATS atm and I don't plan to stop playing these games anytime soon.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
pigbrother

#4 Post by pigbrother » 09 Aug 2022 17:45

I have lost interest in many things, not only just a game that is kinda boring by default due to its nature.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Tristman

#5 Post by Tristman » 09 Aug 2022 17:56

I was honestly wondering before Montana if I was losing interest in the game, because in the greater lines every DLC is the same, and gameplay has not changed a lot over time. But after buying and experiencing Montana, I’m happy to say I’m not tired of this game yet. :D
Sure, I play with a break of a few weeks every now and then, and I also own extremely different games if I get bored, but so far it seems like I can keep coming back to ATS.
Optional Features

#6 Post by Optional Features » 09 Aug 2022 18:00

nodin747 wrote: 09 Aug 2022 15:00 I really like games about heavy cars and transportation. enjoyed playing ets2 and ats and was looking forward to new updates and dlcs, especially montana, but after I rode it, I realized that I could not enjoy it as much as before. it seems that I have already seen this road many times, this car, this house, this tree. these mountains they were before simply placed differently. I used to enjoy exploring every nook and cranny, but now I just don't care. everything has become boring, there is nothing new, I have already seen it all. and tired of driving, constantly the same boring actions: come, hitch, drive, unhook, and so on in a circle. I understand that the life of a driver is boring, but this is a game that should be fun and not a chore
did anyone have this?
Yeah, Montana is nice like many of its preceding dlcs, but gameplay elements are what makes a game interesting.

There is so much more we could do that would fit in the realm of a trucking game: we just have to hope that someday they either allow someone else to allow us to do these things, or give us the option to do these things ourselves.

The other problem is that there is no alternative game atm: if you want to drive a virtual truck on the road, this is about it.
Knightrider

#7 Post by Knightrider » 09 Aug 2022 18:35

I think the best way to enjoy ATS/ETS 2 is to take 1 to 2 hours sessions then take a break. Repeat. However I admit that with Montana in the weekend I went a bit past this threshold. So with all previous map dlcs or some new truck/ownable trailer heavly anticipated by me - tankers comes to mind. With the Volvo VNL release, it was around the same time that Oregon came and also 1.32 version with ownable trailers. I did some crazy marathons back then. Had lots of fun doing it.

@seriousmods I agree with your point about the possibilites within the truckin' 'universe', TBF I been historically against any sort of non-driving gameplay implementation but I changed my mind lately, I love driving the vehicles in this game but the world in which we drive in its kinda cozy and pleasant and everytime I stop my truck in a nice rest/repair area I wonder that would be fun to have some 'restricted' walking area around to do some menial stuff with the truck or such. But I understand that would require perhaps not available resources atm so it kinda ends being more of a wishful thinking of my part.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#8 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 09 Aug 2022 20:35

i have 544 hours of playtime in ATS and i also have 1830 hours of playtime in ETS2
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Optional Features

#9 Post by Optional Features » 09 Aug 2022 21:33

Knightrider wrote: 09 Aug 2022 18:35 @seriousmods I agree with your point about the possibilites within the truckin' 'universe', TBF I been historically against any sort of non-driving gameplay implementation but I changed my mind lately, I love driving the vehicles in this game but the world in which we drive in its kinda cozy and pleasant and everytime I stop my truck in a nice rest/repair area I wonder that would be fun to have some 'restricted' walking area around to do some menial stuff with the truck or such. But I understand that would require perhaps not available resources atm so it kinda ends being more of a wishful thinking of my part.
Yeah, the thing about optional features is we could use them when we want.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I look at this photo series. There's a story here that I cannot tell, because I don't have the tools.

Just unloading the trailer for example. Technically, I am pulling three trailers. Yet in game, I am pulling one.
angrybirdseller

#10 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Aug 2022 23:21

Nope, I play on my days off three days a week and don't play on the other days or have something going on.

Return to “General discussion about the game”