Have you ever lost interest in a game?

BeastyBill88

Re: Have you ever lost interest in a game?

#51 Post by BeastyBill88 » 12 Aug 2022 12:53

I have on several different games over the years, however lately it's been GTA V, since Rockstar started pushing out silly little updates, that kept breaking the singleplayer modding side of things (I haven't touched GTA Online since 2015, got bored of it lol) I just lost all motivation to update all my files/mods etc and just can't be bothered to play the game anymore. Hell I even lost motivation/interest in making mods as well it got that bad.

I also get this weird thing where I'll play a game far 100s of hours and then I'll just stop and get bored of it... Over playing maybe? Lol
rookie31st

#52 Post by rookie31st » 12 Aug 2022 17:25

I don't consider losing interest in a game with a comprehensive story mode as something abnormal. Those games are created mostly for the story and often have some multiplayer and open-world with lots of interactive elements. And those titles get updates with new environments and stories because they are designed to be enjoyed for a limited time.

American Truck Simulator is more like a sandbox. It simulates continuous trucking, day after day. It's a different kind of game.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#53 Post by Optional Features » 12 Aug 2022 17:50

rookie31st wrote: 12 Aug 2022 17:25 American Truck Simulator is more like a sandbox. It simulates continuous trucking, day after day. It's a different kind of game.
Yeah, and the sandbox elements has been severely limited by internal decisions and limitations. Otherwise, it could be one of the most modded games around.

Look at the stuff people have modded into GTA and Farming Sim. There are ultra class mining machines in FS, and people turned GTA into a full-fledged police sim.

We can't even separate trailers here lol.
xXCARL1992Xx

#54 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Aug 2022 17:52

"Look at the stuff people have modded into GTA and Farming Sim."

why dont you start then, GTA has no mod support at al, on the contrary even, R* actively tries to prevent it, soo, this means people can do the same for ETS2 and ATS but why dont i see people do it ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#55 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 12 Aug 2022 19:42

@xXCARL1992Xx Your post reminded GTA United mod for GTA:SA to me but sadly R* banned this mod
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
xXCARL1992Xx

#56 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Aug 2022 19:51

this mod would have never gone beyond V1.2 anyway, the community that made VC2SA, a community i was part of, was sold of to the hoster by the owner and a year after it was shut down for good, the other one that did LC2SA wasnt better and is just a graveyard now, but this is a perfect example that GTA is a complete community driven modding community, there is nothing that comes from the dev unlike ETS and ATS, it just takes people to start reverse engineering the game to get going and not get everything hand fed by the devs
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#57 Post by Trucker Nik » 12 Aug 2022 20:43

It has never happened to me and it never will (I'm answering a discussion thread question, I'm writing to avoid a communication problem)
mackintosh

#58 Post by mackintosh » 13 Aug 2022 09:00

I lost interest in both games years ago. I usually only come back to them when there's a new map DLC. I'll do the event, then use the fastest vehicle available to explore the map and then forget about it until the next DLC. The core gameplay is stale, there has been very little done to improve it. Having spent over 300 hours in Death Stranding, my contempt for SCS' continued stagnation and lack of development of cargo handling has increased exponentially. If they ever do get around to significantly revamping the cargo system I have no doubt I will return to playing both games, but for now - it's do the event, explore, and then ignore.
Corvinus

#59 Post by Corvinus » 13 Aug 2022 10:31

I intentionally don't explore companies unless I'm picking up/delivering, so I'll have something new to discover when it comes along naturally. I don't want to see a yellow spot unless I know I've been there with a purpose. And I'm not gonna rush that purpose. These are the games I'll come back to and chill inbetween other more intensive games and stressful IRL activities, not something to cross off the todo list.
ovcl

#60 Post by ovcl » 13 Aug 2022 11:29

I somehow lost interest not only in ETS2/ATS, but also in other car simulators. Occasionally I turn on Snowrunner because of the stunning scenery, but I can't bring myself to play it for a long time, it's too boring and physics glitches are annoying.
I tried to temporarily distract myself with the good old shooters, finished the Black Mesa and Prey games. And I was also tired and abandoned such games.
Either it's old age, or I need a long break from computers. (Although, the indie adventure novella "To the Moon"/ "Finding Paradise" was able to fascinate me even at this time.)
Born in the USSR.

Return to “General discussion about the game”