Does anyone know what is imported shader?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
deathmasgu

Does anyone know what is imported shader?

#1 Post by deathmasgu » 11 Aug 2022 13:42

A small question. Does anyone know what is imported shader?
In blender tool, you might open someone's mod truck and see an "imported" in the field of Shader Presets in some materials and it cannot be changed.
What does that mean? Why is it imported? What is the reason behind "impoted"?
Mostly, shader presets field should be set to dif.spec or shadowonly or truckpaint. So you know what I'm talking about.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Does anyone know what is imported shader?

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Aug 2022 13:46

broken or not supported shader (hacking because of ZModeler and making combos that dont exist) or obsolete attributes are in it like truckapint, if you click on the star besides the filed you can select a new shader to use
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
room217au

#3 Post by room217au » 12 Aug 2022 10:43

You can also edit the .pit file and remove all attributes that contain [aux] in any material. Then when re-importing that same .pim file, you'll see those materials now have editable shaders.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
deathmasgu

#4 Post by deathmasgu » 13 Aug 2022 07:58

room217au wrote: 12 Aug 2022 10:43 You can also edit the .pit file and remove all attributes that contain [aux] in any material. Then when re-importing that same .pim file, you'll see those materials now have editable shaders.
Sir, if I choose a preset shader, for example, glass, can I edit the shader to make it non-reflective?
In the past experience, after editing the nodes in Blender, including deleting "AddEnvGroup" and "RelfTex" and other nodes, nothing changes. Also I tried point Reflection Texture to some other textures but it still works like vehicle_reflection.tobj...
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Aug 2022 08:05

dont touch the nodes, at all, leave them alone and only use the properties tab to edit shaders
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
deathmasgu

#6 Post by deathmasgu » 14 Aug 2022 01:26

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 13 Aug 2022 08:05 dont touch the nodes, at all, leave them alone and only use the properties tab to edit shaders
Sir, but I want to make a sunroof, that is a window parallel to the ground. If I don't edit the nodes, the reflection of the sunroof I add will be weird, because it reflects the road and things outside the car. We all know the render of the reflections is not realistic compared to Unreal Engine, so we need to bypass the reflection while still maintaining the semi-transparency of the sunroof.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Aug 2022 07:57

it doesnt matter, dont touch the nodes, period, these shaders are baked into the game, the nods are custom made to reflect the shader used by the game, you changing them to something that doesnt exist wont make them work ingame, forget the nodes you only use the properties tabs wit the shaders and flavours you are given
[ external image ]

Return to “Help requests”