Workflow Definition Files

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Sineptorro

Workflow Definition Files

#1 Post by Sineptorro » 15 Aug 2022 16:41

Hello,
in the last week I was creating a few cabin accessoires and found it quite anoying to create all the definitions files, since i had to create a file for every single truck (for example when i create a pillow). Looking at other work they also have def files for each truck.
So i wonder if there is an easy way to generate all the files at once, because if there isnt an easier way im gonna program a script that does it for me.
al_batros

Re: Workflow Definition Files

#2 Post by al_batros » 15 Aug 2022 18:42

You might want to have a look at how LoaderSaints has implemented "x Transmission * y Trucks * z Differential Ratios " using @include statements in this mod: viewtopic.php?t=202888 so your script will only have to generate truck-specific boilerplate code.
room217au

Re: Workflow Definition Files

#3 Post by room217au » 16 Aug 2022 06:15

Notepad++ is your best friend.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.

Return to “Help requests”