AI speed changes

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
dxwarlock

AI speed changes

#1 Post by dxwarlock » 18 Aug 2022 11:21

I have been playing around with making a mod for me and my friend that certain cars can speed.

But I have ran into an issue I cannot figure out. I have studied some other mods and worked out how to make them have thier own speed class, country speed limits just for them and such. But making them over speed doesnt seem to work. But I know the speed class is working, because if I set the speeds to 30 on all roads they are very very slow. But I set to say, 200 they only go normal speeds.
I have upped that cars max_speed in its file, and upped the speed_class to match it:

using the mini as a test bed. I have set its speed as this:
[ external image ]

And set it to speed class 'sport' with the same speed:
[ external image ]

As I said if I set the 'sport' class to 30 on all roads, it slows down..so its finding its a sport speed class. Just cannot for the life of me figure out why it wont go over normal speeds if I set it to 200 or 300 to test.

Return to “Help requests”