Cargo too large tor Faraday dropoff [199838]

NJC2

Cargo too large tor Faraday dropoff [199838]

#1 Post by NJC2 » 19 Aug 2022 23:46

I had the Circuit Breaker cargo on a Prestige hardwood dropdeck and it was too tall to fit where I was told to park it.

This was at the Faraday in Havre, MT, but the prefab looks identical to the others I've visited so far. I have it set to always give me the challenging spot, but I had to change it to ask and select the easy spot in order to complete the job.
Parking Dialog.jpg
Parking.jpg
Tall Cargo.jpg
garnet
SCS Software

Re: Cargo too large tor Faraday dropoff.

#2 Post by garnet » 01 Sep 2022 10:49

Please follow the bug reporting process and post your game.log
NJC2

#3 Post by NJC2 » 19 Sep 2022 01:31

Because I was using mods at the time, if I posted the log you'd tell me not to run mods, even though the mods I use would not have caused a stock truck, stock trailer and stock cargo not to fit in a stock prefab. I tried to reproduce this in an unmodded profile, but this cargo is pretty rare. I gave up after spending 20 minutes resetting the economy and never seeing a circuit breaker show up in quick jobs (which is all I have access to in a new profile), so it would take forever to not only find the cargo, but find it going to the same location and give me the same parking spot. You must have some developer tools to check this stuff. It would take you a couple of minutes to spawn in the same truck, trailer and cargo to see that it doesn't fit in that spot.
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 19 Sep 2022 02:09

The problem is that the cargo is overheight (over 14 feet tall). The door probably isn't.

Compare the top of the tractor airdam with the cargo: I'd guess 15 feet tall at least, maybe more depending if it's level with the top of a box van.

[ external image ]

If the cargo were on a lower trailer (probably a lowboy), it would fit. Another option would be smaller tires, but I don't think there's even a mod for 17.5s (or 19.5s).
NJC2

#5 Post by NJC2 » 19 Sep 2022 06:20

seriousmods wrote: 19 Sep 2022 02:09 If the cargo were on a lower trailer (probably a lowboy), it would fit. Another option would be smaller tires, but I don't think there's even a mod for 17.5s (or 19.5s).
I have only seen this cargo on dropdeck trailers in the freight market, and they only show up in the cargo market if I have a dropdeck attached. I don't think the SCS dropdeck is any lower than the Prestige DLC trailer. If anything, the SCS trailer looks slightly higher. I was parked next to one when having cargo loaded onto my owned Prestige trailer one time and was looking at the differences.
Optional Features

#6 Post by Optional Features » 19 Sep 2022 06:26

NJC2 wrote: 19 Sep 2022 06:20 I have only seen this cargo on dropdeck trailers in the freight market, and they only show up in the cargo market if I have a dropdeck attached. I don't think the SCS dropdeck is any lower than the Prestige DLC trailer. If anything, the SCS trailer looks slightly higher. I was parked next to one when having cargo loaded onto my owned Prestige trailer one time and was looking at the differences.
Yeah, I believe all the stepdecks are too tall for it realistically. Same with the backhoe. With the boom raised (it should be lowered), one player hit a bridge in Missoula I think it was. Load was too tall, and in this case, the bridge was proper height.
supersobes
Global moderator

#7 Post by supersobes » 19 Sep 2022 17:17

I still think SCS should have put it on a lowboy instead of a drop deck. Then the height wouldn't have been an issue.

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 19 Sep 2022 17:30

Agreed! Never have seen those hauled irl, but they are way taller than I would have thought.
wanderingfido

#9 Post by wanderingfido » 21 Sep 2022 20:00

So I'm also encountering this problem. And I'm also using mods so I can't post an official bug report. It's the Faraday garage in Havre, MT. Here's the link to my video about it on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/lyJL46e-T_o
wanderingfido

#10 Post by wanderingfido » 22 Sep 2022 10:46

supersobes wrote: 19 Sep 2022 17:17 I still think SCS should have put it on a lowboy instead of a drop deck. Then the height wouldn't have been an issue.

Removed image from quote - Forum rule 2.3
Yep. I also found a couple more images from images-dot-google-dot-com that definitely confirm that a lowboy is used to transport Circuit Breakers:
Attachments
Circuit Breakers on Lowboy No 1
Circuit Breakers on Lowboy No 1
Circuit Breakers on Lowboy No 2
Circuit Breakers on Lowboy No 2

Return to “Bugs 1.45”