Peformance Problem in ATS and ETS2

mrdider

Re: Peformance Problem in ATS and ETS2

#81 Post by mrdider » 12 Apr 2023 15:33

Tomsun wrote: 10 Apr 2023 12:19 if your suspicion is right another DX11-title should have identical problems.
i'm looking at your CPU what cpu usage do you have i assume 2 Core / 4 Thread so CPU Load above 50% can be interpreted as CPU bottlenecked. if you wannt to stay with the system take into account an upgrade to i7 of 4th generation.
4 core i5, its between 45-60%usage when gpu drops to 60%usage in cities, crossroads etc, but else between cities or on cities borders gpu usage rise to 100%, but cpu still max 60%. In Ats is the same, little less but, but it is there. That problem not show in sniper elite (3/4/5), city skyline,Asettocorsa, Rf2 etc. So that is some wrong dx drivers implementation in games on prism engine when using mulimonitor mode 4 - in my opinion. Oh In menu its always goes to 100% gpu and 45% cpu and show 1300-1500 fps. But when game is loading to "drive" cpu goes to 100% and gpu drop to 0-1% - what is normal.
Frayner

#82 Post by Frayner » 13 Apr 2023 06:12

Nothing wrong with the game engine with what you described. It’s acting as intended for the time being. It uses only one core, so in the cities, where they’re more traffic and more buildings, the cpu becomes the bottleneck and the GPU waits, which is why the GPU utilization goes down. On the highway between cities there less traffic and such so the cpu isn’t the bottleneck and the GPU isn’t waiting for the cpu.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond
MrLova18

#83 Post by MrLova18 » 14 Apr 2023 19:45

Hello SCS Developers/Community. I played the game since the beginning of ETS. I recently started my carrer on ETS 2 last December and the game was running smoothly but since I installed the 1.47 update yesterday, my dream game became a total nightmare. Firstly my biggest issue is that the "Retarder sound for the VOLVO FH has been reduced" making it so difficult to know whether it is active or not. Same goes for the engine brake which has been significantly reduced compared to the last versions of the game. I understand that you have improved the game all around but in my opinion the sound of the Volvo was amazing and didn't had to be revised or updated. Secondly my laptop has a 144Hz display but since the 1.47 update, it's like I'm getting only 60 fps or less. I have address this issue on YouTube and also Instagram but since then nobody replied to me. I will be grateful if you could please address these issues as this game and this truck means a lot to me. I feel one with my truck but since I'm having those issues, I makes me don't want to play the game. Awaiting for your reply.

Cheers.
nebsi

#84 Post by nebsi » 15 Apr 2023 04:59

Hi @ all..
i read the most article in here and sometimes i cant believe how many players don't know how their PC works or have information about their System..
The Game is old, like others already mentioned, But i play (ed) with 1.46 on 105 mods almost with no problems..promdos PNG+JBX+DB creations Traffic etc etc
Yeah we all have some drops but i can live with it when I am 60+fps in Cities even in on the older Parts of the map (SCS Standard)
My game is running at 80% Ultra settings with Re-shade.

For GPU u might try a clean reinstallation of your drivers but use https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/di ... nload.html
Older Intel's might use unpark CPU ,it helped me back in time on intel CPU.....
Check your drivers, all drivers!!! Use Snappy Driver Installer Origin (only with Origin label is secure download) no Ads no hidden Software installation https://www.glenn.delahoy.com/snappy-dr ... er-origin/
Use Start option in Steam for ETS2..there is a lot of articles here on Forum and Steam to...
I use

Code: Select all

-nointro -unlimitedlog -mm_pool_size 12288 -mm_max_resource_size 100  -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
I use Razar Cortex standard Setup.
Nvidia Players might tweak in Control Panel some changes !

I wish we get this year a update on the Engine and DX12 we will need patient but the game is still improving and remember where we started with the game and where we are now ?!?!?!?
[ external image ] [ external image ]
Ryzen 5 3600X-ASUS 3060TI- 32gb Ram 3600 - AOC Curved-Logitech DFGT
mrdider

#85 Post by mrdider » 16 Apr 2023 04:29

Frayner wrote: 13 Apr 2023 06:12 Nothing wrong with the game engine with what you described. It’s acting as intended for the time being. It uses only one core, so in the cities, where they’re more traffic and more buildings, the cpu becomes the bottleneck and the GPU waits, which is why the GPU utilization goes down. On the highway between cities there less traffic and such so the cpu isn’t the bottleneck and the GPU isn’t waiting for the cpu.
You wrong. All 4 cores are used max in 65% even when gpu usage is 60% (i use 4 monitor to look at windows task menager and performance tab - live when gaming), and fps is 30 and gpu usage 50%, buy when game is loading cpu normal jump to 100% usage.
It is multimonitor mode 4 problem - 3 monitors, and game rendering 3 separate images with other render setting file sii, but when try mutimonitor mode 2 with 3 monitors, where game render 3 separate images but settings from config.cfg, then frames are high over 130 fps (mode4 max 85 fps), sometimes drop to 60 - but gameplay its still smooth, and antialiasing on shadows, fences, wires from electric line is smooth (on mode 4 looks like stairs or very low resolution). And major thing cpu goes max to 75% usage, but gpu 95-100% usage.
Even when i set refresh rate 60 hz to "on", then on mode2 its still smooth, but on mode4 - even its show over 60 fps, image is shaky.
Between cities are many plants - and theres many advice to turn off density of plant, because it puts a heavy load on the processor - in my case its does no matter is it high, low or off cpu usage between cities is the same - and fps not change - should drop cpu and gpu down when off - right?
This cpu and gpu behavior is only in ets2 and ats. And does no matter if i go down with graphic settings or resolution from1080 to 900.
IN OTHER GAMES GOES OK GPU ON 100%, AND CPU - IF GAMES NEED GOES TO 100%.

nebsi wrote: 15 Apr 2023 04:59 Hi @ all..
i read the most article in here and sometimes i cant believe how many players don't know how their PC works or have information about their System..
The Game is old, like others already mentioned, But i play (ed) with 1.46 on 105 mods almost with no problems..promdos PNG+JBX+DB creations Traffic etc etc
Yeah we all have some drops but i can live with it when I am 60+fps in Cities even in on the older Parts of the map (SCS Standard)

Check your drivers, all drivers!!! Use Snappy Driver
I use it from 2013, on windows xp/7/10, with nv and amd, one monitor, and three, with mods, and was different. Sometimes was ok, sometimes was worse. Sometimes gpu drivers (in those days nv), sometimes games update change something and work worse.
I can live with that. But this is scs forum - true? To write/ to report problem with this game - true? I instal fresh win10, all drivers, fresh steam and game install, try this start options - nothing change. So I write this - AND I NOT INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU BELIVE IT.
angrybirdseller wrote: 16 Apr 2023 05:51 Lower your setting till your get stable 60fps its older application that runs on single thread.
Its not that simple. When change scalling in graphics options in game from 125-150 then gpu usage not go up, and fps are nearly the same, but when I change scalling to 200 then gpu usage goes up and stey at 95-100%, when fps are more stable at 35-60 fps in lower scaling it jumps from 30fps (yes lower) to 85fps but not stable gpu usage 60-100%. Aditional Cpu usage with scaling 200 is less 60% than in scaling 125-150 when its under 50%. When set scaling to 400 then cpu usage its max 45%, but gpu usage is all 100% with fps 30-35.
Last edited by mrdider on 17 Apr 2023 12:59, edited 3 times in total.
angrybirdseller

#86 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Apr 2023 05:51

Lower your setting till your get stable 60fps its older application that runs on single thread.
denkibrandi

#87 Post by denkibrandi » 25 May 2023 09:59

Frayner wrote: 13 Apr 2023 06:12 Nothing wrong with the game engine with what you described. It’s acting as intended for the time being. It uses only one core, so in the cities, where they’re more traffic and more buildings, the cpu becomes the bottleneck and the GPU waits, which is why the GPU utilization goes down. On the highway between cities there less traffic and such so the cpu isn’t the bottleneck and the GPU isn’t waiting for the cpu.
dude the Removed - Rule 2.3 u mean by NOTHING WROG WITH THE GAME ENGINE? It's already a HUGE problem that this game still runs on SINGLE CORE. Players with a required or recommended hardware shoudn't be responsible for this problem due to its crappy old engine.
AVBWU25_PJ8730

#88 Post by AVBWU25_PJ8730 » 09 Jun 2023 15:07

I noticed that in ETS2, my GPU utilisation is around 60-80% and the game runs at around 30-50 FPS, but in ATS my GPU utilisation is always 90-100% and the game runs smoothly at >100 FPS, but the settings in both games are exactly the same. Are the game engines of both games slightly different since ATS is much newer than ETS2?
Madkine
Global moderator

#89 Post by Madkine » 09 Jun 2023 23:07

No as the game engine recieves updates every time the game is updated.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
DTC

#90 Post by DTC » 14 Jun 2023 18:03

For those who have the stutters did you ever ry my sollution to solve the stutters maybe it works for you too

viewtopic.php?p=1817405#p1817405

Return to “Technical Problems”