Allows players to set default POV for each truck

ASDF

Allows players to set default POV for each truck

#1 Post by ASDF » 30 Aug 2022 18:30

I hope to add a setting that allows players to set the default POV on each truck. Every time they buy a new truck, they need to set the POV again. It is a very troublesome thing. Set the default POV on a truck, and you can choose just like saving the paint color
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Vk56dehan

Re: Allows players to set default POV for each truck

#2 Post by Vk56dehan » 09 Sep 2022 20:37

I agree its very frustrating. I would want it specific to that particular model though as all trucks are different. So the save for the DAF XG is a separate POV save from MAN TGX or Renault T for example. But every XG I buy from that point on will be the same POV as previously selected. Also, if I change the POV for an XG I own, I want all XGs to change with it. Different monitors and resolutions cause me to change my POV as I upgrade, downgrade, or play on the laptop sometimes.
ASDF

#3 Post by ASDF » 10 Sep 2022 10:28

As far as the default POV set by the scs software, except for the Volvo FH, the next-generation Scania and the Renault T, the default POV of other trucks is directly used by me.My wish is to be able to update to allow players to set default POV for each truck
There is also the ability to allow the player to set the default mirror effect for each truck's mirror, every time I use the Renault T, I have to adjust the Renault T's mirror
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
ASDF

#4 Post by ASDF » 27 Sep 2022 03:35

I think it's possible to add to the vehicle tuning options set your preferred seat adjustment (adjust and save the default cab seat and steering wheel position for each of your trucks) and set your adjustment mirrors (adjust and save each of your truck mirrors)
Vk56dehan

#5 Post by Vk56dehan » 27 Sep 2022 12:38

ASDF wrote: 27 Sep 2022 03:35 I think it's possible to add to the vehicle tuning options set your preferred seat adjustment (adjust and save the default cab seat and steering wheel position for each of your trucks) and set your adjustment mirrors (adjust and save each of your truck mirrors)
Ya at one point a long while back I was building a truck and started looking for a way to do that. Was very surprised that wasnt an option in the interior customizing section. To be honest tho, most of my profile are fleet companies with identically spec/model/trim trucks so I generally just have to set the pov for the five trucks at the main garage as thats all I'll ever use. Sometimes I have a generational fleet, especially in ets2 with 2 or 3 generations of truck (ie day 105, xf, ng xf/xg). But I divvy those up so I have at least one of each at the main garage and again just set pov for those 5. The smaller companies of 3-5 trucks total are usually o/o type companies ive built and have several different trucks, I would have to set different pov for anyways. I knock this problem down to one of those annoying quirks like not being able to bulk sell trucks/trailers and the like. I think its something we will get if the games stay alive, but I doubt is of high priority to them.
ASDF

#6 Post by ASDF » 27 Sep 2022 18:41

My idea is to add default adjustment seats and default adjustment mirrors in vehicle adjustment, in default adjustment seats/default adjustment mirrors all current truck models can be selected, just like truck browser, when you choose Volvo FH or Renault T, you can adjust the seats or mirrors directly in the workshop, and when you do, either save it as the default seat/mirror adjustment every time you buy a new truck, or Save it as default adjustment seat/mirror for this truck in all garages, just like the 1.38 update saves the color paint pack applied to all trucks, refer to this message:::https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/07/euro-t ... lease.html
As far as this idea of mine is, you need to adjust the seats and adjust the mirrors for the model you like and you don't like the POV of the SCS software vehicle team driver, as with all current models, you need To adjust your default POV, then you need to adjust the default POV for 4+3+3+3+2+2+2=22 models.
ASDF

#7 Post by ASDF » 29 Sep 2022 04:00

[ external image ]
This is the default POV of Volvo FH before 1.28. At this time, the driver's seat and steering wheel position are the most comfortable. Since 1.28, I have always adjusted it to a POV close to this after purchasing Volvo FH.
[ external image ]
This is the default rearview mirror reflection effect of Renault T before 1.41. Since 1.41, when I buy Renault T, I try to adjust the rearview mirror to show such a reflection effect.
What I don't understand is why the SCS software has to modify the default driver's seat and steering wheel position of the Volvo FH and the default mirror reflection effect of the Renault T
Knightrider

#8 Post by Knightrider » 29 Sep 2022 04:24

either this, or at least be able to export seat/fov/mirror settings between trucks. This has been requested several times by me.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
ASDF

#9 Post by ASDF » 03 Oct 2022 17:49

There is currently only one restore default for adjusting seats and adjusting mirrors, and I would like to be able to add an option to that: set as default
ASDF

#10 Post by ASDF » 05 Oct 2022 17:54

The angle of the main mirror on the Renault T has been there since version 1.41, when I changed to the right rudder in the interior configuration, the right main mirror and auxiliary mirror are the same as in 1.40 and earlier, but the left The main rearview mirror and auxiliary mirror are different from the right side. This is a live video of the evolution of Renault T on April 6, 2021. You can see that the angle of the main rearview mirror of Renault T is different from the current one: I think this is the problem of the main mirror and auxiliary mirror of Renault T, I just don't know when the SCS software plans to change the default angle to the same as before

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”