Switzerland Rework Discussion

oldmanclippy

Re: Switzerland Rework Discussion

#21 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Sep 2022 16:59

That is an extremely cool border crossing, nice find!
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
F4R35

#22 Post by F4R35 » 06 Sep 2022 17:28

55sixxx wrote: 06 Sep 2022 15:31 You guys are free to hope Switzerland will release in 1.46 if you want.... Just don't come whining later when 1.46 beta comes, saying SCS "Lied" to us.
1.46 will come in October, for the ETS2 10th birthday (I think), and there is no chance the rework will be ready, well Austria took almost a year since the first teaser, so my bet is spring 2023 at least.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Bedavd

#23 Post by Bedavd » 06 Sep 2022 17:32

We’re sure it’s Switzerland? Idk those mountains look like they could be in the Netherlands :lol:

I also hope we get another city or two in Switzerland. The central part is empty and that’s a shame. Obviously we need room for those high alpine roads in the very very south, but I think we should get another east/west road. I think the 9 through the Rhône valley (maybe marking Sion) connecting to the 19 over to Chur (also marked). We already have the 2 so Lugano and even Lucerne could be added along that. The could even add Thun if they’re feeling up to it but that’s already a lot to add.

Basel, Lausanne, St Gallen would be nice because they’re huge cities for Switzerland, I just think as it stand we need more in the south. Austria only has 6 cities, so I think at the very most Switzerland gets 3 more to match. Time will tell.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Marcello Julio

#24 Post by Marcello Julio » 06 Sep 2022 18:06

Definitely Switzerland is something for the first half of 2023. At most what we would have this year is the confirmation and a few more things in the Christmas Stream just like Austria last year.
Aziz

#25 Post by Aziz » 06 Sep 2022 18:28

Austria rework was guesswhereweare'd in the beginning of August, when the game was in 1.41. Released in May with 1.44.
It's worth mentioning that some of these updates in between happened very fast.

Here we're at early September announcement and most likely release in the first half of 2023, possibly also around April or May (depending on today's advancement and amount of work left, plus the country is smaller than Austria). What version it would be only depends on frequency of updates. It's not like the rework release is internally fixed to a specific number.
Trenero

#26 Post by Trenero » 06 Sep 2022 18:38

I don't expect it until first quarter of next year, but i'm thinking that if they model the same amount of km^2 they did on Austria, they will probably model also French and Italian Alps on this run.

I'm hoping that this rework will bring new industries to the game (like Katode for Austria).
They has the perfect oportunity to model a Watch factory (something like Swatch,and it's funny because in the Road to the Black Sea DLC, i saw a fake watch brand advertisement "Golt 1870" and the watch in the photo of the banner is IRL a Swatch "Dark Phoenix", So they already have swatch in game :lol: )
Swiss is know for its watches and watch parts manufaturers.

Also Switzerland is a railfan paradise, hope they include that in some way, like for example including the Rola Trains that transport complete truck with the driver north south Switzerland, that was already mentioned in this post

Or some parts of the Rhätische Bahn, that are part of Unesco world heritage (Abula and Bernina), also will be cool to have the train street running trains on the streets of Chur.
Or at least a view point with train stuff like a museum or a viewpoint in the middle of the line with a classic train running.
Last edited by Trenero on 06 Sep 2022 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Trucker Nik

#27 Post by Trucker Nik » 06 Sep 2022 19:27

@55sixxx I've never done this
gaillard

#29 Post by gaillard » 06 Sep 2022 19:39

Aziz wrote: 06 Sep 2022 18:28 Austria rework was guesswhereweare'd
I really like to read english forii, they allow me to learn a lot of new words.
Janaff

#30 Post by Janaff » 06 Sep 2022 19:46

I'm extremely happy to see Switzerland get its love!

If the screenshots are presented like Austria, I think it is likely we will get city showcases in the future. I am also willing to bet that we get a border crossing blog at some point.

I am fully hoping we get 2-3 new cities. My personal picks are Luzern (arguably the most important Swiss city not in-game, would fill up the centre of the country quite well), Basel (which could be an extremely unique multi-nation city) and Lugano (so there's at least one Italian Switzerland representative). Put some depots in the mountains too, and Switzerland is golden.

Return to “General discussion about the game”