Switzerland Rework Discussion

Ropasiak

Re: Switzerland Rework Discussion

#41 Post by Ropasiak » 08 Sep 2022 10:16

I dream as if they would add a border crossing at the Konstanz (https://www.google.pl/maps/place/Konsta ... d9.1736698) .

Road 33 from 81/98 to border crossing is very scenic - practically all the time you can see Untersee which is hugely impressive.
taneorb

#42 Post by taneorb » 08 Sep 2022 15:48

Saying that doesnt Switzerland have actual border crossings? Will they be added?

I got a fine leaving Austria because there was a checkpoint I was supposed to stop at but missed it because I didn't get the usual 'take the right hand lane' prompt lol
HRTrucking

#43 Post by HRTrucking » 08 Sep 2022 19:22

@taneorb Yes Switzerland does have border crossings with customs and big parkings , also some interesting little one's like Ponte Tresa

Zollbrücke Ponte Tresa
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qfjbp9Zr8f8mGdAbA

I hope we get the Seestrasse from Zürich along the lake. With Kilchberg as a small delivery place. Lindt and Sprungli from the chocolate has a nice factory there. Great location I think for the game.
Love it in real life to go there to deliver with my tanker. Also a good place to play ETS2 or ATS as analysis can take 3 hours :mrgreen:

Or / And Blattman in Wädenswil . Also almost directly at the lake.

Really nice road along the lake that you're allowed to drive. And it has a train track next to it for quite some time for @TruckerDog :D
Trucker Nik

#44 Post by Trucker Nik » 09 Sep 2022 05:39

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but the traffic lights on the pictures from the blog are the same as the ones we have now, or is it just my feeling 🤔🧐
tomprice98

#45 Post by tomprice98 » 09 Sep 2022 21:34

Evil_Jason wrote: 07 Sep 2022 06:25 It would be nice if they add Lugano as 4th city so that there is one city in the south.
Personally I think somewhere like Sion or Chur would be good, obviously Basel too
Regor02

#46 Post by Regor02 » 16 Sep 2022 19:51

Hello all, I haven't posted in a long time here but now that they are rebuilding my city, Geneva, I had to post again.

First of all, I have to say that both pictures of Geneva look amazing, congratulations SCS. The only thing i have to say is about the flags on the Mont Blanc Bridge. They change week in week out (for example for pride month, UN Summits etc.) but usually it's one swiss flag and one geneva flag alternating.

[ external image ]

I tried to make a map of the possible new In-game Geneva and here it is :

[ external image ]

In red I have highlighted the highways. Now, I have highlighted the French A40 east towards Lyon instead of the currently ingame A41 because iirc it's way more used and it has a very scenic part. I'm ok with SCS not including it, but in this case I hope they rework A41.
The A40 east towards Italy (that is highlighted in orange) passing through the world famous Mont-Blanc Tunnel is not currently in game, and I know many fans want it, so I sincerely hope they add it altough I know it's not something you expect to see in a SWITZERLAND rework, but maybe after.
In green are non-highway roads. I didn't expect the center of Geneva to be built to be honest, and i'm very surprised (which means that we'll also have 1 or 2 depots close to the city center). The Route 1 north that runs alongside the lake and close to the UN, WTO, Red cross, is very scenic, I hope it makes it into the game.

Geneva has 3 main industrial areas, where we would have most of the depots in game. I have circled them in purple.
the biggest one being situated in Meyrin and Vernier, near the airport
The second and third one are fairly close to each other but are two distinct areas, the first one being situated in Plan-les-Ouates (a Rolex plant is situated here), and the other between Carouge and Lancy (btw the stadium of the local team, and my favorite team, is situated here, in case SCS sees this, you know what to do :lol: )

Inside the blue circle is THE thing I would like to see implemented in game : CERN. As you know, Geneva is home to many international Organisations, and CERN is one of those. CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research, a big science research facility, which has a huge experimental facility, the LHC (Large Hadron Collider). I would love SCS to implement this into the game, as I know many trucks deliver there, and also because it would be a unique experience in the game.
Since CERN is cross-border and many of the sites are situated in France (although the main one is in Switzerland), that would make Geneva the first pluri-nation city in the game (and it would make sense, as in real life it kinda is)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Going a bit outside of Geneva, we need to talk about the horribly inaccurate road to Dijon.
I know it's mainly in France, but they have to rework it, as it normally goes through the Jura Mountains, through a beautiful little village called Saint-Cergue and a very small border town called La Cure, home to a hotel which is actually half in France, half in Switzerland

Saint-Cergue
[ external image ]

La Cure
[ external image ]

Here is a map of the region. The Road would go from Nyon to the French road "D1005"
[ external image ]
gaillard

#47 Post by gaillard » 16 Sep 2022 20:15

Your message is very informative but as you said, you have been quiet quite long, so maybe now you come a little late, because I'm fairly certain the revisiting of CH is in the finishing stages and nothing can be changed/altered at this moment.
Speaking up is very useful, up to a point. I wish you had spoken earlier.

This is just my feeling. I've been proved wrong a lot of times before. I guess it's not finished.
ninjawarrior1x3

#48 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 16 Sep 2022 21:27

I came here to tell you my findings for
Image A3: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i ... 920/04.jpg:

141 Laubeggstrasse
https://maps.app.goo.gl/enN5E4MozvbVBozi9

Good Luck finding the final location!

(P.S: The A represents the 1st blog)
Last edited by ninjawarrior1x3 on 16 Sep 2022 21:28, edited 2 times in total.
Some newbie driver

#49 Post by Some newbie driver » 17 Sep 2022 14:16

gaillard wrote: 16 Sep 2022 20:15This is just my feeling. I've been proved wrong a lot of times before. I guess it's not finished.
No idea about reworks, I can say they keep gathering info about DETAILS for DLCs until very near the release date. But as said, details. The main decisions like cities, roads and places to include on the general layout of everything must be settled with great anticipation or it would be a hell of a work for sure.

If somebody has ideas or info the kind of Regor02 posted but for other places; it's better to put it now on the research subforum before, as you said for this case, it would be probably too late.

Regards
oldmanclippy

#50 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 Sep 2022 02:21

ninjawarrior1x3 wrote: 16 Sep 2022 21:27 I came here to tell you my findings for
Image A3: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i ... 920/04.jpg:

141 Laubeggstrasse
https://maps.app.goo.gl/enN5E4MozvbVBozi9

Good Luck finding the final location!

(P.S: The A represents the 1st blog)
Looks like a good match to me!
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”