Switzerland Rework Discussion

Aziz

Re: Switzerland Rework Discussion

#251 Post by Aziz » 06 Apr 2023 16:18

There won't be much aside from a minute-long view on the side I bet. Right now Liechtenstein is a gas station.
Muks

#252 Post by Muks » 06 Apr 2023 17:24

Aziz wrote: 06 Apr 2023 16:18 There won't be much aside from a minute-long view on the side I bet. Right now Liechtenstein is a gas station.
It's definitely better than a gas station :D
SenseFM

#253 Post by SenseFM » 13 Apr 2023 16:37

After the 1.47 update, if you check the mileage target list on the map editor you will see that 40 new toponyms have been added. Mileage targets are basically the city positions that are used for measuring the distances shown by the distance signs added with the 1.44 update. Sometimes they refer to marked cities, sometimes to unmarked ones and some others to just road junctions. Most of them are from the West Balkans DLC, but there are 8 of them obviously related to the Switzerland Rework.

As of 1.46, the in-game mileage targets for Switzerland were:

Basel
Bern
Genève
Gotthard/San Gottardo
Lausanne
Lugano
Luzern
Winterthur
Zürich

And these are the new mileage targets that have been added with version 1.47, but of course not used yet:

San Bernardino
Chur
St. Magarethen
Martigny
Gd-St-Bernard
Vevey
Chamonix (France)
Aosta (Italy)

The last two seem to confirm that we will finally have the Mont Blanc Tunnel, the last Alpine motorway connection that was missing in the game!
Aziz

#254 Post by Aziz » 13 Apr 2023 17:01

Maybe they're just signs pointing to dead ends. With the roads made from scratch and most likely dozens of new intersections, it wouldn't be a surprise.
Janaff

#255 Post by Janaff » 15 Apr 2023 00:53

Good spot! Here's a bit of context for each of the new locations:
San Bernadino - Of course the southern end of the San Bernadino mountain pass. This will be part of the existing A13 road.
Chur - Has been discussed here a few times, as it's arguably the most important Swiss city located within the Alps. I think it appearing as scenery is a shoe-in.
St. Magarethen - Right on the Austrian border, and the way Austria was remade is consistent with this town being the first place you enter on the Swiss side. A tiny bit of town driving should be included until you get on the highway.
Martigny - Right at the connection between the A19 and N21, going south will take you to the St Bernard tunnel.
Gd-St-Bernard - The St Bernard tunnel itself.
Vevey - This is where the A9 and the A12 meet, right on the bank of Lake Geneva. The A12 is a road that only sort-of exists in the game right now, so I'm glad that it'll seemingly be upgraded to this.
Chamonix (France) - On the French end of the Mont Blanc tunnel; as mentioned this is likely confirmation that it will be part of the rework.
Aosta (Italy) - On the Italian end of both the Mont Blanc and the Saint Bernard Tunnel.

All of these point to the new locations being scenery milestones, but they do point to new stuff which I'm happy about.
Rueben1

#256 Post by Rueben1 » 23 Apr 2023 07:46

Expanding the Switzerland transport network to Offenburg could benefit travellers greatly by providing access to an essential North-South transport corridor. By linking existing roadways and creating a seamless route, this extension could unlock new opportunities for transportation and commerce in the region.
Rueben
Footballer and Standup comedian
vanced
Shelbii1

#257 Post by Shelbii1 » 24 Apr 2023 17:46

I think i am right when i say we all hope for Basel and A5 extension, not making it would be a spit in the face honestly.
HRTrucking

#258 Post by HRTrucking » 24 Apr 2023 18:44

@Shelbii1 I wouldn't miss it. In real life with my truck I use 99% the French connection from Strasbourg to Saint Louis and that border crossing to Basel.

The A5 is queue stau and roadworks baustelle heaven.
Saint Louis after about 1000 in the morning you don't need to queue for an hour or more to get on the parking.

When they make the A5 I hope it's for the Germany rework and that Freibourg gets added and the B31 to the Bodensee.
Euro Truck Fan

#259 Post by Euro Truck Fan » 02 May 2023 15:00

I like to play ETS2 and ATS!
Spooks

#260 Post by Spooks » 02 May 2023 15:07

Last edited by Spooks on 02 May 2023 16:29, edited 5 times in total.
Current Maps of Future DLCs
Nebraska (v3) // Ark.-Mo.-La. (v2) // Greece (v1)
[ external image ]
Changelog & Version History

Return to “General discussion about the game”