Missouri DLC ideas

1948LJMack

Missouri DLC ideas

#1 Post by 1948LJMack » 14 Sep 2022 21:07

I have been paying attention to our highways and as Missouri is my home state, there are some cities that are worth developing. St. Louis is home to the Gateway Arch, and now the City Museum, they city itself has some suburbs that see a lot of trucking activity this is in part of the several business parks the city has. St. Louis has the suburbs of Kirkwood, Webster Groves, Maplewood, University City, Overland, parts of Olivette, Earth City, Green Park, and you also now have Chesterfield. Manchester Road sees plenty of truck traffic. Watson Road also sees plenty of it as well. Manchester Road was at first a part of Route 66 from about the 1920s until 1932 and then from 1932 until 1977, Route 66 traversed Watson Road. Valley Park could be a site for a chemical plant which is located on Marshall Road. Here are some other cities that are known in Missouri:

Cape Girardeau
Springfield, MO with some loading docks in a cave!
Branson
Kansas City
Columbia
Rolla
Joplin
Jefferson City
Kirksville
Hannibal
Clarksville

Branson is known as one of the major entertainment cities in the country. MO State route 76 is the main strip and it connect many of the city's theaters together. For those who remembers CMT's TV show "Trick my Truck", that was the city it was filmed in. The shop which is 4-state trucks is a great big truck repair center. Brian Martin is still there. It is located on MO State route 43 just south of I-44. Using that facility would be like adding the biggest truck repair center in the history of the game. Cape Girardeau is home to Southeast State Missouri University but it is home to one of the largest sheltered workshops ever built which is VIP Industries. A good location for a truck repair center would be more like Scott City which is part of the Cape Girardeau area.
flight50

Re: Missouri DLC ideas

#2 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2022 01:02

As long as the underground Kraft cold storage comes to Springfield, I'm already excited for the dlc.
nater6540

#3 Post by nater6540 » 15 Sep 2022 02:28

1948LJMack wrote: 14 Sep 2022 21:07 I have been paying attention to our highways and as Missouri is my home state, there are some cities that are worth developing. St. Louis is home to the Gateway Arch, and now the City Museum, they city itself has some suburbs that see a lot of trucking activity this is in part of the several business parks the city has. St. Louis has the suburbs of Kirkwood, Webster Groves, Maplewood, University City, Overland, parts of Olivette, Earth City, Green Park, and you also now have Chesterfield. Manchester Road sees plenty of truck traffic. Watson Road also sees plenty of it as well. Manchester Road was at first a part of Route 66 from about the 1920s until 1932 and then from 1932 until 1977, Route 66 traversed Watson Road. Valley Park could be a site for a chemical plant which is located on Marshall Road. Here are some other cities that are known in Missouri:

Cape Girardeau
Springfield, MO with some loading docks in a cave!
Branson
Kansas City
Columbia
Rolla
Joplin
Jefferson City
Kirksville
Hannibal
Clarksville

Branson is known as one of the major entertainment cities in the country. MO State route 76 is the main strip and it connect many of the city's theaters together. For those who remembers CMT's TV show "Trick my Truck", that was the city it was filmed in. The shop which is 4-state trucks is a great big truck repair center. Brian Martin is still there. It is located on MO State route 43 just south of I-44. Using that facility would be like adding the biggest truck repair center in the history of the game. Cape Girardeau is home to Southeast State Missouri University but it is home to one of the largest sheltered workshops ever built which is VIP Industries. A good location for a truck repair center would be more like Scott City which is part of the Cape Girardeau area.
Heck yeah, if Scott City gets added in, then I can be the first of many people to say I’ve literally been there virtually by driving right past it in ATS, and I actually have real-world plans of going there to meet up with Ron Pratt, a tow truck operator on YouTube who works there, all because I figured if other people have done it, what’s stopping me from jumping on the bandwagon?
rbsanford

#4 Post by rbsanford » 15 Sep 2022 03:11

Missouri actually has a few underground warehouses: there's Springfield Underground in Springfield, SubTropolis in Kansas City, and I think there's one around Columbia or St. Louis (I somewhat remember finding one around there while poking around on GMaps, but I could be mistaken). We definitely need those cave warehouses with Missouri, as they're very unique.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2022 16:41

Yes they are very unique. On Oscar's stream, he mentioned underground prefabs actually as one of his wants. Springfield was the first thing that came to mind. I wasn't aware of that many underground places so yesssss, Missouri should feature all of them. Other states and get above ground cold storage. Cold storage can easily be a new depot as part of the food industry. Its another middle man company for sure. There is 1:1 space available underground too. It could be like a small city down there. It's a nice challenge for a mapper to be creative. It will be a big miss for ATS not to have it. I'm sure a researcher will find this thread and mark it on their note pad. If not, I'm contacting someone via email at SCS, lol.

There are several youtube videos for ideas though. I think a mapper could have a blast creating these. Hopefully by then we can have dynamic parking with the engine update. Get assigned a bay number and we get to go find it. Many large distribution centers should be this way. Give us the bay number and we go find it. These pre determined bays has over stayed its welcome not. With operable gates and booths, we can use some innovation here.
Darthyoda714

#6 Post by Darthyoda714 » 15 Sep 2022 19:35

rbsanford wrote: 15 Sep 2022 03:11 Missouri actually has a few underground warehouses: there's Springfield Underground in Springfield, SubTropolis in Kansas City, and I think there's one around Columbia or St. Louis (I somewhat remember finding one around there while poking around on GMaps, but I could be mistaken). We definitely need those cave warehouses with Missouri, as they're very unique.
There is also a gigantic one that I know of in Carthage, MO, which is to the North East of Joplin. There the area used underground now is owned by Americold, and used to be an underground quarry. There are reports that the area of the Carthage underground totals 43,000,000 Sq Ft and stretches all the way to Joplin 20 or miles to the west. One of the videos flight50 posted above is from the Carthage Underground. Here is an interesting article I found just doing some googling about the underground storage facilities.
https://www.tenfourmagazine.com/2012/04 ... own-under/

Remember that Missouri is known as the cave state, due to the geological formations south of the Missouri river caves are abundant, and according to the state department of conservation there are more than 7,300 known caves. There are also multiple large tourist caves like Fantastic Caverns in Springfield, and Meramec Caverns in Stanton (about halfway between Rolla and St Louis on I-44). I am a native Missourian myself too, so I look forward to seeing that SCS can do here in Missouri.
nater6540

#7 Post by nater6540 » 17 Sep 2022 16:35

I’m actually kind of curious as to how the buildup of diesel exhaust fumes is controlled in these underground loading docks to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, is there some kind of ventilation shaft to carry the fumes out and back up to the surface, and then fresh air from the surface is pumped through the shaft and back into the facility?
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 17 Sep 2022 19:30

nater6540 wrote: 17 Sep 2022 16:35 I’m actually kind of curious as to how the buildup of diesel exhaust fumes is controlled in these underground loading docks to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, is there some kind of ventilation shaft to carry the fumes out and back up to the surface, and then fresh air from the surface is pumped through the shaft and back into the facility?
I assume they run an array of fans to provide constant airflow.
1948LJMack

#9 Post by 1948LJMack » 22 Sep 2022 02:04

Not only is there Scott City where Ron Pratt works when it comes to truck repair centers, but there is also Joplin, MO which was the filming location for the TV show, "Trick my Truck". For industry, St. Louis has the Schnucks grocery store chain which spreads through out the state of Missouri. The store chain has two warehouses. One in Bridgeton and one just north of Overland.
DoubleG01

#10 Post by DoubleG01 » 24 Sep 2022 15:05

Glad to see some fellow Missourians! I'm excited and nervous to see our state represented in the game, mostly because I am worried that most others perceive it as a "fly-over" state like KS or NE but I think in reality MO has a lot to offer in terms of diversity, even comparing the differences from the likes of driving in N. MO vs SW MO / US-65 S into AR.

As a SGF native, I am hoping to see at a minimum the facilities in Springfield & Carthage (I've not been in the Springfield Underground myself unfortunately but have loaded/delivered at Americold in Carthage many, many times). I would also like to see the Kraft plant in Springfield on Meadowmere/off of Glentstone St., would be nice to represent both parts of the Kraft supply chain there for pickup & also to be able to run shuttles between the plant and the underground like Wilson Logistics does currently I believe. Only time will tell but I'm excited to see how it turns out for sure.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”