(updates) Weather_3.0

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Omisake

Re: (updates) Weather_2.7

#461 Post by Omisake » 30 May 2023 20:45

@feiyangteng09, glad I could be of help man, don't mention it! :) And yeah, although it's 6 files, when you extract it, you'll have 3 main files. From the bottom going up, you'll put Weather 2.7 part 2, then Weather 2.7 part 1, then Weather 2.7. There's also a text document in the download itself that tells you the load order as well.
Somewhere in Europe in my Scania R...
feiyangteng09

#462 Post by feiyangteng09 » 31 May 2023 17:03

@Omisake, thank you!
Since the size of this mod is so huge, does it include "mod grass" and "tree improved 4k 1.5 ETS"?
feiyangteng09

#463 Post by feiyangteng09 » 31 May 2023 18:02

@Omisake Thanks! I still have some questions. . .
"Weather_2.7" contains "new skybox, changed, ambient, diffuse, specular, cloud_shadow_weight, color_saturation, sunlight, exposure"?
Does it change the quality of grass, trees and roads?
Omisake

#464 Post by Omisake » 31 May 2023 19:18

@feiyangteng09, you're welcome! The reason the size for this mod is so large is because it has so many skyboxes. It has over 300 and that adds up really quickly. And "Weather_2.7" contains "new skybox, changed, ambient, diffuse, specular, cloud_shadow_weight, color_saturation, sunlight, exposure" is just saying what juninho changed in this specific update, it won't change the quality of the grass, trees, or road. For grass and trees, you would need mod grass and tree improved 4k. And for roads, I'm not sure there's a free option available anymore to be honest.
feiyangteng09

#465 Post by feiyangteng09 » 31 May 2023 19:28

@Omisake Thank you very much. :D
Do you know that 'mod grass' and' tree improved 4k 1.5 ETS' are compatible with 'Weather_2.7'?
Omisake

#466 Post by Omisake » 31 May 2023 19:32

@feiyangteng09, no problem! And they definitely should be, I haven't tried them together myself, but I'm pretty sure they should work without any issue. Weather 2.7 doesn't do anything about vegetation so there shouldn't be any conflicts. I use grimes' seasonal mods with Weather 2.7 and they essentially do the same thing, since they're just changing the vegetation, and I have never had any problems with them together, they look great!
feiyangteng09

#467 Post by feiyangteng09 » 31 May 2023 19:34

If I want 'mod grass' and' tree improved 4k 1.5 ETS' and 'Weather_ 2.7 "When used together in the game, what is the loading order in the mod manager? Please tell me the loading order when you use them together.
feiyangteng09

#468 Post by feiyangteng09 » 31 May 2023 19:42

@Omisake thanks!
It's a great idea to use grains' seasonal mods with' Weather 2.7 ', and I also have' new summer 'by grains. Can you tell me the loading order of' new summer 'and' Weather 2.7 'in the mod manager for grains? A screenshot would be even better! Thank you!
feiyangteng09

#469 Post by feiyangteng09 » 31 May 2023 19:55

Omisake wrote: 31 May 2023 19:18 @feiyangteng09, you're welcome! The reason the size for this mod is so large is because it has so many skyboxes. It has over 300 and that adds up really quickly. And "Weather_2.7" contains "new skybox, changed, ambient, diffuse, specular, cloud_shadow_weight, color_saturation, sunlight, exposure" is just saying what juninho changed in this specific update, it won't change the quality of the grass, trees, or road. For grass and trees, you would need mod grass and tree improved 4k. And for roads, I'm not sure there's a free option available anymore to be honest.
But Grimes' New Summer v5.1 seems to have changed or enhanced the quality of roads and sidewalks:
Key Features
Roads, fields, grass, terrain, sidewalks, kerbs, hedges, railings, treewalls, and other textures replaced with higher resolution versions
Low resolution tree models replaced by high resolution ones across maps
Grass improvements
Incremented grade density
Improved vegetation variation
More floral vegetation added
Weather improvements
Improved rain
Omisake

#470 Post by Omisake » 31 May 2023 20:10

@feiyangteng09, if you want to use mod grass and trees improvements 4k, you would have trees improvements 4k, then mod grass above it, then Weather 2.7 part 2, then Weather 2.7 part 1, then Weather 2.7 at the top. If you want to use grimes' seasonal mods with this, then they should be below Weather 2.7. In the download, it'll also include addons for Weather 2.7 to make it work properly with the seasonal mods, and those should be at the top above Weather 2.7 and grimes' season mods. Here's a picture that'll hopefully help. I'm using it with the early autumn mod but it's the same way no matter which season mod you use.

[ external image ]

And yeah I have seen the road textures mentioned in grimes' season mods so he may have improved them but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

Return to “Others”