City intros feedback

Whould you like something to be changed on the city intros feature?

No, it's fine as it is
7%
No, I don't care and rather they do something else
50%
Yes, I would like the intro to be played at the city discover
9%
Yes, I would like to see those intros like any other cut scene in the map
20%
Yes, I would like to see those intros when purchasing the garage on the city
9%
Yes, I would like the intro to be played at will from somewhere on the menus
4%
YUes, I would like some other kind of change (please, explain)
1%

Total votes: 76

ThunderSky

Re: City intros feedback

#11 Post by ThunderSky » 25 Sep 2022 09:10

In January they were talking about massive changes.. VTC Systems ( hopefully) and we get a BLOG post dedicated to city intros.. skiped by 100% of peoples the second time they start a new profile.

This is just hilarious :lol:
Ogre

#12 Post by Ogre » 25 Sep 2022 13:08

I voted for "Yes, I would like to see those intros like any other cut scene in the map", with "Yes, I would like to see those intros when purchasing the garage on the city" being right behind. However, considering the amount of work associated with this, the effort would be - if not be usable for something else, too - questionable. I happen to skip those viewpoints anyway, because I somehow manage to arrive at those spots in the night - in most cases, there is nothing to see then.

If these city intros were only tied to the one and only starting city per profile, I consider the amount of work totally wasted. This is not meant to downplay this feature, but I will never ever start this many profiles just to see those movies.

Let's see if something other comes up with this.
VirtualTruckTravels

#13 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 25 Sep 2022 13:12

Sometimes I wonder if Pavel really believes all of the stuff he is talking about is being implemented, or if it is more of a dream version of his games he is talking about? Because i think that each year he talk as what next year will bring as if that he talked about last year already have been done and dusted. I really question myself sometimes if he actually know how much is going on in his own games? Granted for sure he is CEO for 250 employees and he probaly does not deal alot with the exact hands on development, but make long term plans for the company and how make sure the company is alive next year too. Still i cant stop questioning myself after each christmas stream.
Optional Features

#14 Post by Optional Features » 25 Sep 2022 16:29

Well, supposedly they will start to focus on features in the Midwest. So we'll see.
johnny_91

#15 Post by johnny_91 » 29 Sep 2022 17:14

I understand that maybe there were working two workers on this and it was a small project, so no big deal. What drives me nuts is the ignorance SCS is paying to the graphic arts. Even with the highest settings, the game looks like out of 2008 with its texture shimmering, bad lightning, low res skies and reflections. There is work for it undergoing, Pavel said that during the christmas stream, but since that its silence on that topic. If they find it important to give us a blog post like city intros - thats ok, but then also give us something with substance later, like now the new tanker trailer ownership, what is planned for the next year maybe, give us updates on the work that matter and not just the 500. DLC-update, twitter, facebook invites and all that BS. Or remain silent completely and deliver, like iRacing is doing.
tobrago

#16 Post by tobrago » 29 Sep 2022 17:43

bumbumek wrote: 21 Sep 2022 11:57 SCS, please concentrate on something else...
I agree.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Vk56dehan

#17 Post by Vk56dehan » 29 Sep 2022 23:13

I just can't wrap my head around how revamping city intos took precedence over the mountain of changes, features, and updates that are needed.....big and small. Even IF they were working on a majority of the issues we see day in and day out on this forum, it still doesnt justify utilizing a portion of the man power for something no person has ever complained about. Its something we dont need that we didnt know we didnt need, thats how very inconsequential it is....imo of course. Priorities over at SCS seem to be pretty off par.
JoeAlex23

#19 Post by JoeAlex23 » 30 Sep 2022 01:29

I didn't take "precedence" over anything, they doing that doesn't take away any developing time from anything else, different teams for different things, that's how SCS works, still impresses me how some people don't understand that, sure, the blog was a bit pointless but that's about it, 1 or 2 people (from over 300 that work at SCS) doing that isn't going to delay everything they have planned and are working on. 😂
Some newbie driver

#20 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Sep 2022 09:59

Vk56dehan wrote: 29 Sep 2022 23:13it still doesnt justify utilizing a portion of the man power for something no person has ever complained about. Its something we dont need that we didnt know we didnt need...
Please refrain yourself to pretend talking in the name of everybody. You only know what you like or wanted and the poll results so far clearly show your opinion is far from be universally shared.
seriousmods wrote: 30 Sep 2022 01:05I just love how lopsided this poll is lol.
The pool isn't lopsided at nothing. All the time had been 50/50 (plus/minus a waving margin) of people that don't like that feature and people that like it. The only difference is that the ones that like it have several options to chose how to improved, thus their votes aren't aggregated.

As I asked on the initial message, that's a poll to give PURE feedback: you want them to keep doing that (and if so, with what changes) or you don't. And you can give YOUR reasons for that vote if you want. That's all.

If anybody pretends to start a rant about how SCS should do their work, you can open your own topic. Specially if those attempts to rant include false facts, pretensions of having the universal truth or the usual deformation of reality to match the ranter point of view. I will keep calling the mods to keep that thread clean of that S*** as many times as necessary.

Return to “General discussion about the game”