City intros feedback

Whould you like something to be changed on the city intros feature?

No, it's fine as it is
7%
No, I don't care and rather they do something else
50%
Yes, I would like the intro to be played at the city discover
9%
Yes, I would like to see those intros like any other cut scene in the map
20%
Yes, I would like to see those intros when purchasing the garage on the city
9%
Yes, I would like the intro to be played at will from somewhere on the menus
4%
YUes, I would like some other kind of change (please, explain)
1%

Total votes: 76

Some newbie driver

City intros feedback

#1 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Sep 2022 22:37

Well, SCS just teased new additions for the cities intros feature: https://blog.scssoft.com/2022/09/146-up ... beria.html

So, let's use that topic give them proper feedback as feedback they want per their words on the blog post. And I said proper; people who just want to rant because they don't like SCS doing this or that or because the sky is blue can go the off-topic sub-forum where that kind of usual and useless discussion is already taking place.

There's a poll, I let only one answer because at the end SCS would make a single change if ever; so vote the option that fits the most in case you would like several options. Fell free to let any comment to further explain your vote. I hope mods can keep this topic free of anything else.

Regards
dsf.fernando

Re: City intros feedback

#2 Post by dsf.fernando » 20 Sep 2022 22:49

I think the Lisbon intro is very good considering what is done of the city for now and that the major monuments of the city were not done
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
bumbumek

#3 Post by bumbumek » 21 Sep 2022 11:57

SCS, please concentrate on something else...
_Roger_

#4 Post by _Roger_ » 21 Sep 2022 12:34

Games still missing so many gameplay features and they waste their time on this? Something nobody will even see?
This is insulting to the player base that time is wasted on this pointless feature. Anyone who knows about it will never see it, anyone who ever sees it will never know about it, and of those who do get the chance to see it, most of them will skip through it regardless.
Why are we supporting this company with DLCs if they then do this?
55sixxx

#5 Post by 55sixxx » 21 Sep 2022 13:37

Lots of people said useless but like it or not, it's being used with a purpose so it's not actually useless. The proper word would be pointless, since it's an addition that adds zero to the game and get's skipped by most people.

The one thing that grinds my gears tho, is the fact they dedicated a whole blog just for that. A small note at the major change log when the blog about OB releases would've sufficed.

This whole thing just makes me concerned about what sort of thing will come with 1.46, because if that's the opening OB teasers then I'm afraid we'll end up with a small update with barely anything that is worth getting excited about.
VirtualTruckTravels

#6 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 21 Sep 2022 14:46

bumbumek wrote: 21 Sep 2022 11:57 SCS, please concentrate on something else...
I agree.
Double M

#7 Post by Double M » 21 Sep 2022 15:22

It is a very good idea to create this thread to help developers with feedback. In my opinion, from what I have read on the blog, it seems that the developers themselves are not very convinced with this function.

I personally like the idea. But the way they have thought of implementing it seems silly to me. It's fine for new users, but you're not going to start creating several new profiles to see all the scenes.
That's why I voted for the last option. Because as several users have said in the general discussion thread. I agree with them that they should also incorporate it as a vantage point in the garage. In this way this feature is not lost and is available to use whenever you want. And if they add information about the city, either written or narrated by a narrator. It would be fantastic, it would give it an educational touch.
JoeAlex23

#8 Post by JoeAlex23 » 21 Sep 2022 15:46

I do agree that the blog was a bit pointless and could've been summarized into the 1.46 Beta blog but that doesn't make it a waste of time, what annoys me is that some people really believe/think the whole team at SCS was working only on that when in reality it's something that has been made by at least 1 or 2 people when they had time to do it, is not something taking priority over something else and more interesting.

That said, it's a shame to see those new intros (they are actually really good) wasted for only new profiles, i like the option of making them part of buying a garage.
Esqerro

#9 Post by Esqerro » 21 Sep 2022 16:17

I agree with those guys who think that *city intros* feature is pointless. I also understand that not the whole team was working on that feature.
Features like theese have a chance to be implemented but there could be less negative messages if it would be a small part of a final *big* blogpost about new 1.46 update.

Return to “General discussion about the game”